Prospect Info: Bedard Topic 2

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Every other picture of him made him look like a classmate of my five year-old son.

Also, for a good laugh, on the main board in the calder topic, feel free to read up on how hard a very dedicated group of Wild fans are desperately pushing for the admittedly also very good rookie Faber to get the Calder rather than Bedard. It's honestly adorable.

And emphasis on read, don't think you can talk smack there like we allow in these parts over yonder.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
2 Rookies of the Month in a row for Bedard.

I could never read that Faber thread. There are enough wacky takes on this board. Anyone saying Faber for the Calder over Bedard with a straight face would hit a new level of crazy I've never read before and I'm not mentally prepared to subject myself to that.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7445.jpeg

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Does Bedard look tired to anyone else?

He hasn't looked to have the same burst he had earlier in the season in the last few games to me.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

He hasn't looked to have the same burst he had earlier in the season in the last few games to me.
I would think it's a combination of playing in the best league in the world against men at 18 years of age .. he just needs to grow into the whole reality of what this all means to his growing into it much like it was for Hughes in NJ.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I was thinking while watching the game yesterday how infrequently he gets the puck with any amount of space in the offensive zone. I think that is the result of a combination of factors: the lack of linemates who can get him the puck in space, the defensive scheming from the other team, our lack of a transition game etc... But I think the net result of that is that when he does get the puck with any amount of space he feels he needs to make the most of it, and thats when bad things happen like the first goal against last night.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Watching the team struggle night in and night out was becoming torturous and seeing Bedard leaving a game due to injury and then being out 4-6 weeks solidified my decision to step back and not watch the games any longer (until 98 is back).

I didn't think they'd win one game with the depleted lineup they have now and they f***ing won the very first game without Bedard haha *facepalm*.

I've never seen such a porous roster.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think .872 PPG is very good considering the team is otherwise completely offensively inept. Over 100 points in a couple years with more skill on the roster looks very realistic.

Reactions: Paul Allen

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
If anything I was shocked to see Bedard given what I would say was too much respect.

Hate the slashes on the wrists and anything dirty, but I don't mind players giving him the business, finishing checks. Toughen him up. Glad he responds well to it.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
MacKinnon scored 16 goals and 53 points on a last place team at 21 years old. The Avs scored 166 Goals in an NHL season where the Avg Goals was 2.77.

Hawks are on pace to score 168 goals in a season where the Avg Goals is 3.12. This is the worst team in over a decade.

Hockeyman1962

Dec 22, 2019

he takes way to long of shifts but the coach has no clue he is minus player when he plays on for all the goals against Columbus.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
that breakaway effort by Bedard last night was pathetic. Never imagined it needed to be said about Bedard, but he needs to have a little more confidence in his abilities. Coming in on the goalie and taking some speed off at the top of the circles and then doing all these non-committal half ass little head fakes and stick handles hoping and praying the goalie will bite and bail you out by giving you half an open net to tuck the puck into is not going to be successful. We saw the result, he ended up on top of the goalie and could barely get the puck up to the bottom of the catching glove.

Bedard needs to either pick his spot and rip the puck or commit to a move and do it at speed. Make the goalie react to him, not the other way around.

Weird to have to say this about Bedard, but I would bet that he's already had a few people say this to him since last night. Probably saying it to himself after seeing the replay.

LFG you're Connor Friggen Bedard. The goalies are already soiling themselves just seeing you with the puck coming at them...no need to let the goalie get settled and take control of the situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad