Bears and NFL Talk Thread LIII: Countdown to the Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Gould wins it for 49ers

49ers are a much better team with Jimmy G and should be much improved next season

Wonderful organization with Lynch at helm

Robbie Gould just amazing kicker ,, I hope Pace was watching

And what a devastating loss for Titans and Bills now with best playoff hopes in longtime

49ers rebuild looks already far ahead of Bears rebuild despite the Bears being in 3rd year of rebuild

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
49ers QB looks great. Another Pace blunder

latest

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Gould wins it for 49ers

49ers are a much better team with Jimmy G and should be much improved next season

And what a devastating loss for Titans and Bills now with best playoff hopes in longtime

49ers rebuild looks already far ahead of Bears rebuild despite the Bears being in 3rd year of rebuild
A few comments here...

1. How are the 49ers not also in the 3rd year of their rebuild? They won 2 games last year and 5 the year before.

2. Yes the 49ers have made some good moves but this is also the organization that had a RB not on their draft board until they interviewed him and the RB talked them into taking him in the 4th round. Not to mention Solomon Thomas, their pick at #3 has only 2 sacks this year, which yes, is much fewer than Floyd who you like to rail on.

Jimmy G looks like a good player for sure but let's not pretend their roster is packed with talent.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Gould wins it for 49ers

49ers are 4-10 and their top pick looks meh at best, "rebuilding going amazing, Lynch best GM ever".

Bears are 4-10 with a rookie QB who has shown flashes of really high end talent (throwing to no talent due to injuries) and the defense has show dramatic improvement "we are worse than Cleveland, Pace hates babies, and is the worst GM in football".

This level of spin is amazing. What reality do you live in?

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
So, can the Bears find a way to lose to the winless Cleveland Browns this weekend? The same Browns who are 1-29 since last season?

Wouldn't that be the perfect cherry on top for John Fox's Bears coaching career?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Screw that asinine interpretation of the catch at the end of the game.

It's dumb a dumb rule, but that was the correct interpretation of the rule. It was the right call.

It was weird that Nance and Romo took so long to realize what they were even reviewing.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Even the Bears couldn't possibly lose to the Browns.

So with that in mind, the Bears will still find a way to lose in the last 30 seconds of the game. Book it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
For the Bears to lose to the Browns they need to turn the ball over a lot, probably have a special teams miscue, and then miss a field goal or two

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Bears sitting at the 7th pick. Would be nice to pick up a couple of losses, a win on Sunday and I don't think they can do better than the 7

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That would be the most Bears thing to do

And I bet since Fisher is so desperate to get another gig he would come cheap

Damn it now I fear this is what McCaskey's will do

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont

No thanks to Toub either. Give me an actual offensive mind at HC. Not saying he isn't a great ST coach, cause he is, BUT i dont know if he is right for our situation.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Don't mind Toub. He'd be top 4-5 for me, also. Although I'd prefer a really good offensive mind, if he can bring a great OC with him, he'd be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad