Battlefield 2042 (2021)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
No new content until Summer. 6 MONTHS. How... how the f*** is it okay to release this game in this state? Why not actually work on the f***ing game and release it with full content and bug fixes in the summer then? You f***ing insipid shits. EA ruins everything it touches.

Reactions: Oogie Boogie

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

"Voice chat, maybe, if we feel like getting around to it, in six months"

f*** DICE.

Less than 5k daily players on Steam. This shit is a bomb and they will abandon it after putting out the legal minimum of advertised content.

Imagine putting out a shooter that wont get its first new map until 8 months after release in 2022. F2P games are better than this.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I cannot get over how bad the maps are in this game.

Every conquest map is either:
A: Running across a giant open field with no cover for 200 yards waiting for a helicopter to blow you up or;
B: Everyone in the game apparently comes to a gentleman's agreement that no one wants to do the above and coalesce around one point for the entire game and ignore 90% of the map completely.

Are these the worst set of base maps ever released for an online FPS game? It's definitely the worst in my memory.
Haven't played this game, but I felt that in BF1 and especially in BFV the maps are such a downgrade from the hayday of this franchise. Every map feels like the same buildings are just copy+pasted into a different terrain. Zero effort being put into them.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Haven't played this game, but I felt that in BF1 and especially in BFV the maps are such a downgrade from the hayday of this franchise. Every map feels like the same buildings are just copy+pasted into a different terrain. Zero effort being put into them.

The maps in those games are glorious compared to these new maps.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The maps in those games are glorious compared to these new maps.
BF1, I'd agree, but you could see on BFV that it was a massive downgrade, imo.

Again, haven't played this one. Very much possible they went from a D to an F.

Sep 19, 2008
Personally, if they were going to not have any major content updates until the summer, they should of pushed the game back to summer with all the bug fixes and season 1 content in tow.
last I heard was March but that was weeks ago. If they're seriously holding off on updates until summer that is absolutely stupid and damn well worthy of critique.

That's one complaint I have is no new content. Basically every night for one hour I play about 2 or 3 rounds of BF2042 on Breakthrough 64. It's still fun but it would be nice to have new maps.

The maps are okay. The 128 ones were huge and all criticism are valid. But you have to remember, they shrinked them to 64 players and that is where everyone is now. They're somewhat playable and Hourglass, a map which is just large swaths of desert, has become fun. Biggest complaint was them putting flag points on top of skyscrapers, and that's fixed...

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
For proof:

Season 1 is early summer:

Scoreboard update won't even be until early march, so at least another month:

This game should not have been released until the summer when all the bugs and the season 1 content was out. EA ruining another franchise and possibly a studio.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Even with all the bugs fixed and good UI, I still don't like the huge maps from what I've seen. It's such a turn off. I've been playing BF1 lately so and have been loving it. Prob gonna stick with that.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I've been playing this a fair amount recently as I'm kind of in a gaming holding pattern until Horizon Forbidden West.

Playing Breakthrough does fix some of the huge map issues I had. The mode funnels everyone to two points which thankfully does away with having to sprint across massive open fields with no cover.

The things that bother me now are:
1. Hack tons of aircraft with Rao allowing them to be taken down by other people and you get no points. This is a pretty big contribution to the team as it effectively clears the skies of choppers that would otherwise be destroying people on the cap points and the game provides no reward or acknowledgment for this.
2. Inflict 90% of the damage to a tank but if you don't get the last shot in you get no points / acknowledgment again.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't play this game but I watch this guy's Halo vids. Any truth to what he's saying? EA/DICE is trippin'

Sep 19, 2008
Even with all the bugs fixed and good UI, I still don't like the huge maps from what I've seen. It's such a turn off. I've been playing BF1 lately so and have been loving it. Prob gonna stick with that.
they introduced 64 player mode with smaller maps like 2 months ago

that saved tehg ame

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
they introduced 64 player mode with smaller maps like 2 months ago

that saved tehg ame
"saved the game"
jennifer-lawrence-j-law.gif

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
I was really close to buying this when it came out because of the portal mode, but I’m really glad I didn’t. The game is complete slop from top to bottom from what I have seen and played on the trial.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
People truly need to stop pre-ordering shit like this.

Honestly, I think the only reason it happened was press and FOMO bullshit. No one should fault you for your purchase more than you.

What were the bonuses for pre-ordering? I remembered a decade+ ago when people would preorder a game so they guaranteed they could get it on release day, but now with digital sales there's no need whatsoever. Not to mention that BF probably isn't a game that will be difficult to get a hard copy of.

So what do you get, couple of guns or customizables? In EA NHL games they just give you some skater bags to open and some mostly useless packs which are designed to get you hooked into HUT anyway. Especially with so few games actually being completed works when they launch (disgraceful), so few games would actually be worth the preorder because you're likely to experience a bunch of bugs and glitches.

Modern gaming, man. So cheap. Such mediocre final products

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
What were the bonuses for pre-ordering? I remembered a decade+ ago when people would preorder a game so they guaranteed they could get it on release day, but now with digital sales there's no need whatsoever. Not to mention that BF probably isn't a game that will be difficult to get a hard copy of.

So what do you get, couple of guns or customizables? In EA NHL games they just give you some skater bags to open and some mostly useless packs which are designed to get you hooked into HUT anyway. Especially with so few games actually being completed works when they launch (disgraceful), so few games would actually be worth the preorder because you're likely to experience a bunch of bugs and glitches.

Modern gaming, man. So cheap. Such mediocre final products

Pretty much most if not all pre-order bonus shit is worthless. If you like physical stuff and what's in it, then go get yourself a collector's edition which has that nice stuff, because it's sure as shit more useful than what they gave you in game. Shit, I've seen pre-order bonuses for one-time use items in games. Like, that is f***ing stupid.

Those who preorder Battlefield 2042 for any platform will get early access to the open beta as well as a few in-game goodies:
  • Baku ACB-90 Epic Melee Takedown Knife
  • Mr. Chompy Epic Weapon Charm
  • Landfall Player Card Background and Old Guard Tag
If you preorder at Best Buy, you'll get an exclusive steelbook case (note: the cover art shown above isn't final).

So basically nothing.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Pretty much most if not all pre-order bonus shit is worthless. If you like physical stuff and what's in it, then go get yourself a collector's edition which has that nice stuff, because it's sure as shit more useful than what they gave you in game. Shit, I've seen pre-order bonuses for one-time use items in games. Like, that is f***ing stupid.

So basically nothing.

So if you preorder they basically just give you access to their shitty beta? Which in turn they can say "isn't a finished project" when it's awful and then whine on twitter when people criticize their work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad