GDT: Battle of Alberta: Oilers @ Flames : 8 PM - CBC & SNWest

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If you get out in Northside the little Liquor store next to Chateau Louis Hotel has an amazing selction for a smaller place. Was Ralph Kleins old stomping grounds.

Oh yeah I’ve been in there once upon a time. Been forever though. I never get up that way anymore. Sherbrooke is pretty good too.

Reactions: brentashton

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kucherov another 3 assists. McDavid isn't catching him.
I never say never.

Not till the fat lady sings.

No word yet AFAIK if there is any fallout or suspension from his ejection from the Jets game.

This is the Bettman/Parros NHL. Suspension would only ever occur after the Oilers vs Flames game. With Parros eating cheetos and pulling his wire watching mayhem. "Department of player safety" lmao

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Only if you like the smell of roofing tar..hehe

I'm not really recommending the Old Monk. People here love it, but its really got this heavy taste.

Old Port is decent. The one with the picture of the sailing ship. Avoid the square bottle with the picture of the monk that has liquid so black it doesn't get blacker than black. (spinal tap reference thrown in)
I remember as a kid my grandfather always drank Lemon Hart Dark Rum. That shit smelled vile. Every time I see a bottle of it now though, I smile and remember ol’ grampa Joe. He came from Poland and didn’t have an easy life, but he was very good to his kids and grandkids. :)

heh. was just gonna mention Sherbrooke. Yeah, I don't get out there either too much anymore. When working I was all over the city all the time so any place was convenient.
Sherbrooke is a great store.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I remember as a kid my grandfather always drank Lemon Hart Dark Rum. That shit smelled vile. Every time I see a bottle of it now though, I smile and remember ol’ grampa Joe. He came from Poland and didn’t have an easy life, but he was very good to his kids and grandkids. :)

My dad liked Lemon Hart Dark Rum too.

Your old grandpa sounded like a salt of the earth type.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Its not terrible. But indeed its one of those old labels like Five Star Whiskey that the elders would drink.

Me as a kid: Hey, can I have some of this Lemon Hart with some lemonade?

This being about the time pop would give me a couple bucks to go the the Cinema a couple blks away and get lost for awhile...heres enough to take a friend..

• Haha
Reactions: brentashton

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I don't expect that dbag popsicle to do anything tonight. He will be scared of a suspension.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Its not terrible. But indeed its one of those old labels like Five Star Whiskey that the elders would drink.

Me as a kid: Hey, can I have some of this Lemon Hart with some lemonade?

This being about the time pop would give me a couple bucks to go the the Cinema a couple blks away and get lost for awhile...heres enough to take a friend..

5 Star Whiskey. There’s a blast from the past. We used to be sheriffs with those plastic glue on stars when we were kids

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don't expect that dbag popsicle to do anything tonight. He will be scared of a suspension.
I expect him to do something, he's too dumb and doesnt care.

If he tries anything, someone better force him to fight, just grab him and beat him to a pulp.

If he refuses to fight because of concussion issues, maybe dont throw questionable hits every 2 games.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
5 Star Whiskey. There’s a blast from the past. We used to be sheriffs with those plastic glue on stars when we were kids
Yeah. Imagine playing outside and around the block shooting each other with toy guns and capguns and wearing the 5 star sheriff badges. They'd call out the swat squad and shoot on sight...or lock us up Our teachers would appreciate that at least on monday morning..

I mean you can't even do this in Calgary now the home of cowboys

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
If he’s a Matt Cooke type, which is what it looks like he is, he ain’t gonna give no shits. The other problem is neither do the Flames as an organization. Their internal hatred for all things Edmonton and any opportunity to weaken them before the playoffs will be at the forefront.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
This was my first rye. Dug it out of my parents liquor cabinet, must have been sitting there since 1974:
IMG_4752.jpeg

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
You hung the tassels from your rear view mirror to impress the girls that you were basically a drunk. Weird times.
I recall seeing garters strung from rearview mirrors in the 80s. I was a kid and didn’t understand the reference, and I still cannot haha

Fuzzy dice as well, but I see more dreamcatchers than anything else nowadays outside of those pine tree air fresheners

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad