Proposal: based on a rumor (MTL/EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
As a hab fan knowing how desperate we are for centers I still wouldn't trade Drouin for RNH. I think Drouin is the better more gifted player, and this will be shown in the very near future.

A Drouin - McDavid line would scorch the league.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I like Drouin, but a swap for him doesn't really make much sense for the Oilers. The other two names aren't worth talking about in relation to RNH.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
As a hab fan knowing how desperate we are for centers I still wouldn't trade Drouin for RNH. I think Drouin is the better more gifted player, and this will be shown in the very near future.

Reminds me of what Oiler fans used to say about RNH... Still the same player he's always been. Still better than Drouin though.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
We shall see, feel free to bring this up in the future when the dust settles.

If Drouin breaks out next year or the year after... good for the Habs! Nothing wrong with that. It doesn't change who RNH is... and I think it is a safer bet than RNH scores between 60-65 points next year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

A Drouin - McDavid line would scorch the league.

Drouin would still be the flashy, moderately productive, defensive liability he’s always been.

McDavid works best with smart, cerebral players that know when to give up the puck and go to good scoring areas. He doesn’t need a burner puck hog on his line.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Would this even the field:

To MTL
RNH
EDM's 1st 2018

To EDM
Drouin
MTL's 1st 2018

?????

Well would it???
No.

We're talking Drouin, the homegrown player we traded Sergachev for. No way in hell we trade him 1 on 1 for RNH, so forget about swapping pick.

I'm not saying a Drouin-RNH swap wouldn't be fair value-wise, but I'd personally stick with Drouin, I like him more even if he's a winger.

As for the other two names mention well... Nonsense lol

Reactions: Prairie Habs

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
TBF, the voices in opies head are probably just as legit as Eklind.

I provided a link to the rumor so that whole website transitions from Disneyland Fantasy to legit proposals and rumors.

I love the people on this board that think that this site is legit and neglects to read subheadings like: "General Fantasy Talk, EA Sports NHL, GM Games and HF Leagues, Mock Drafts, etc."

Keep trying to find the truth in rumors. :bolts

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
No.

We're talking Drouin, the homegrown player we traded Sergachev for. No way in hell we trade him 1 on 1 for RNH, so forget about swapping pick.

I'm not saying a Drouin-RNH swap wouldn't be fair value-wise, but I'd personally stick with Drouin, I like him more even if he's a winger.

As for the other two names mention well... Nonsense lol
Hopkins value would go up the second he is in charge of a powerplay again

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If you even read the article, it would be pretty easy to figure out the guy was talking about Lucic. In that case, Drouin isnt happening, shaw is a possibility and Lucic for byron would be a steal for us.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Drouin would still be the flashy, moderately productive, defensive liability he’s always been.

McDavid works best with smart, cerebral players that know when to give up the puck and go to good scoring areas. He doesn’t need a burner puck hog on his line.

“Smart and cerebral”.....two words that everyone uses when describing Patrick Maroon!

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I'm an Oiler Homer, but living in Montreal I have a softspot for the Habs as my #2.

Here's my take:
RNH will NOT bring the Habs to the playoffs. Not even close. They need #1C #2C #1LHD
Habs really need to nuke this from orbit and start from scratch.

Habs still have some great pieces that hold significant value, and should really consider opting for young stud on ELC, or draft picks.

Oilers don't need Drouin. They need Weber.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
“Smart and cerebral”.....two words that everyone uses when describing Patrick Maroon!

He was smart enough to know what his role was with McDavid - get rid of the puck as fast as possible to either McDavid or Drai and get in a position to shoot. That is not Drouin’s game at all.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Hahahahaha this is hilarious... RNH is clearly better than anyone mentioned here... what massive add comes from Montreal? Or let me guess... RNH isn't that good, overrated, overpaid and we are lucky to get rid of him. LOL

Pass on this nonsense. Lock 'er up.
I would easily trade either Shaw or Byron for RNH .Hell i would trade both for him but i'd rather keep Drouin over RNH.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
He was smart enough to know what his role was with McDavid - get rid of the puck as fast as possible to either McDavid or Drai and get in a position to shoot. That is not Drouin’s game at all.

Let's face it.....everyone plays better with McDavid, it's kinda his thing.

And no.....don't trot out Hall. That was an attitude issue not a performance one.

Reactions: TFHockey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Let's face it.....everyone plays better with McDavid, it's kinda his thing.

And no.....don't trot out Hall. That was an attitude issue not a performance one.

Eberle wasn’t great with McDavid either. The thing that connects Eberle and Hall is they both like the puck on their stick a lot. The guy with the puck on his stick needs to be McDavid. That’s why he gelled instantly with RNH.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Yeah,it's leaching points off McDavid that's been hurting his value
Well if he plays as his winger for a full year it will make him look better sure but the guy is amazing on the powerplay but mcdavid obv gets the role of pp qb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad