Proposal: based on a rumor (MTL/EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Let's face it.....everyone plays better with McDavid, it's kinda his thing.

And no.....don't trot out Hall. That was an attitude issue not a performance one.
No they actually dont its not his thing. He is a very hard player to play with.

Lucic, Eberle, Hall (no it wasnt attitude), Cagguila, Kassian etc. Virtually every winger minus Maroon or RNH has had struggles/under produced with Mcdavid.

As other posters have said you need to give up the puck and crash the net or look for open scoring areas. Any player whos game involves holding or carrying the puck dont have success because it is with Mcdavid when he is on the ice.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
The Oilers should not trade RNH unless they get a massive overpayment. Versatile #2 Center who has chemistry with McDavid as a winger. He brings a lot of flexibility to the Oilers.

1. Allows them to move Draisaitl to the wing if need be.
2. Quality winger for McDavid
3. Gives them a very strong #3 center if need be
4. Can play top 6 C in the event of an injury

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Not at the expense of Drouin like I have expressed before.
Why because he is French ? Hopkins is a better player than drouin and actually plays center. I don't want the oilers to do the trade anyways but I can't see why a Montreal fan wouldn't do it

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
No they actually dont its not his thing. He is a very hard player to play with.

Lucic, Eberle, Hall (no it wasnt attitude), Cagguila, Kassian etc. Virtually every winger minus Maroon or RNH has had struggles/under produced with Mcdavid.

As other posters have said you need to give up the puck and crash the net or look for open scoring areas. Any player whos game involves holding or carrying the puck dont have success because it is with Mcdavid when he is on the ice.

Are we really going to leave out Drai?

Sorry....but McDavid makes everyone better around him. Do some play better than others, of course. But he makes you better.

Say what you want, but Hall had attitude issues plying with McDavid. He took the ship from him and it was apparent. When McDavid was out with injury he was a stud, when he came back, well we all saw what happened.

As for Eberle be the driver of the line.....I must have missed that.

Not sure why you’re mentioning the likes of Kassian? How many minutes have they played together? Not even in the same neck of the woods.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Why because he is French ? Hopkins is a better player than drouin and actually plays center. I don't want the oilers to do the trade anyways but I can't see why a Montreal fan wouldn't do it
Go read my post again. Man, it seems pointless talking to you, you just seem to shout random stuff and not read what I say lol

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Forgot Drai but oiler fans and coaches view him as 2nd line center, although yea he does kill it with Mcdavid.

Hall didnt work because he is a puck carrier whos entire game is gaining the zone like a raging bull. Hard to do that when Mcdavid has the puck.

I place more on Halls last third of the year sucking being his center in his first ever season was gassed. Drai was done that year and said so in his exit interviews. Im not in the Hall was a cancer who needed to be traded camp.

Im not sure what your talking about with Eberle? I never said he was a line driver, I said he under produced on Mcdavids wing

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Ryan is better than all 3 of those habs players and many oilers fans have already made the conclusion that after only 17 games with the best player in the world, he will produce a lot, despite saying the opposite against other teams fans when they say 'he'll put up xyz playing with mcdavid', so oilers will decline this.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
they traded taylor hall for adam larsson so why not Hopkins for Shaw

You guys traded Galchenyuk for Domi so why not Strome for Drouin

A Montreal/Edmonton trade would be nothing more than a grudge match of the two worst GMs in hockey seeing who can f*** things up most.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Are we really going to leave out Drai?

Sorry....but McDavid makes everyone better around him. Do some play better than others, of course. But he makes you better.

Say what you want, but Hall had attitude issues plying with McDavid. He took the ship from him and it was apparent. When McDavid was out with injury he was a stud, when he came back, well we all saw what happened.

As for Eberle be the driver of the line.....I must have missed that.

Not sure why you’re mentioning the likes of Kassian? How many minutes have they played together? Not even in the same neck of the woods.
Oilers should just do a top line of Hopkins drai and mcdavid and see what crazy point totals we can get

Reactions: HugginThePost

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I think Byron would actually be a great piece for Edmonton and someone they could use. Heck, I think because of his speed he'd even be potential McDavid linemate.

I think something like RNH + Lucic for Petry + Byron + ??? would help out both teams. Drouin would be a better ask but I doubt with the French connection he goes anywhere.

- Edmonton really needs a Petry type player on the backend
- a solid veteran winger with speed and some scoring ability would be huge.
- Unload Lucic

- Montreal really needs that top 6 C.
- Drouin and RNH could be a nice duo to really build something around.
- Gets the grit Bergevin loves from Lucic
- Ability to pump up Lucic and eventually trade him

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Drouin - McDavid combo would be lethal. If Im edmonton, i try to get montreal to add to this. Montreal desperate for a center. With McDavid - Draisaitl as #1/#2, RNH expendable. If Im also Edmonton, Im trying to add Eric Karlsson for the 1oth pick + Klefbom + + + .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad