Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

To EDM

1 of the following:

Drouin

or

Shaw

or

Byron

"The Oilers and Canadiens seem to be connected via the trade rumor grapevine every year, don’t they? But it’s always been Ryan Nugent-Hopkins’ name being thrown around."

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Shape

To MTL
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

To EDM

1 of the following:

Drouin

or

Shaw

or

Byron

"The Oilers and Canadiens seem to be connected via the trade rumor grapevine every year, don’t they? But it’s always been Ryan Nugent-Hopkins’ name being thrown around."

I dont get it.

Drouin >>> Byron > Shaw

They are not equivalent players by any means.

Jan 21, 2018
On paper it's a great swap (RNH/Drouin) given each team's respective needs but I don't think RNH is french enough to consider moving Drouin for.

Too bad because McDavid+Drouin would be filthy to watch. Thankfully we can still look forward to seeing Byron-Drouin tear up the NHL.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Hahahahaha this is hilarious... RNH is clearly better than anyone mentioned here... what massive add comes from Montreal? Or let me guess... RNH isn't that good, overrated, overpaid and we are lucky to get rid of him. LOL

Pass on this nonsense. Lock 'er up.

Reactions: ivanlwan and 780il

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Shaw has negative value and Byron doesn't even come close to getting you RNH. Drouin is the only option here that would make any sense and is somewhat fair

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Hahahahaha this is hilarious... RNH is clearly better than anyone mentioned here... what massive add comes from Montreal? Or let me guess... RNH isn't that good, overrated, overpaid and we are lucky to get rid of him. LOL

Someone always beats me to it. f***.

Reactions: ivanlwan

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Clearly better ? Well Shaw is worthless at this point Byron isn't bad but obviously not in the same category as Hopkins.

Clearly better than Drouin. Yeah, again I wouldn't go around saying that. Say you need the type of player Hopkins is over Drouin, as Hopkins is your shut down centre ? Your top Lw to McDavid ? You'll get back to me as to which it is.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
A deal around Pacioretty for RNH would make more sense based on each teams needs.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

We honestely haven't seen the full Drouin tbh, My personnal opinion is he shouldn't be playing center, Maybe we haven't seen the full RNH too, but im one of the few who still likes the sergachev-drouin swap. people can call me crazy it's not a homer statement, i just always been a drouin fan, he has too much individual skills to bust, some people take longer to adjust and i think he's one one them, Personnal opinion once again but i think he'll end up a 75 to close to a PPG winger at his peak! he will obviously never touch RNH defensive game but he's offensive ceilling is off the chart, he needs to mature mentaly and put in the work he has to, i think he thought the adjustement would be easier and he would dominate the show. he'll learn and will eventually adjust.

My projection is likely 60ish point this season and he explodes the season after!

EDIT: yeah these 3 player, Drouin, shaw, Byron doesn't belong in the same sentence.

Drouin has game breaking abilities, Shaw is a middle 6 role player. Byron is a very good depth guy who can play where ever you want and he'll adjust to that position, a nice piece to have on your team but his value is probably a 2nd if your lucky.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Clearly better ? Well Shaw is worthless at this point Byron isn't bad but obviously not in the same category as Hopkins.

Clearly better than Drouin. Yeah, again I wouldn't go around saying that. Say you need the type of player Hopkins is over Drouin, as Hopkins is your shut down centre ? Your top Lw to McDavid ? You'll get back to me as to which it is.

At least he can and has played center. You get the difference? Drouin may one day be better... but he hasn't shown it yet.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
At least he can and has played center. You get the difference? Drouin may one day be better... but he hasn't shown it yet.

I'm not trying to say Drouin is better. You said there's a vast gap (didn't use those words) when there clearly isn't. Hopkins is the better player now and could be 5 years from now. There might be a sizable gap then, but right now there isn't.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What in the magnificent Buddha is this drivel.

RNH > Drouin >>> Byron >> Shaw.

‘Hey I’d like my future car to be a Jaguar, a Volkswagen Beetle, or a rusted out 1974 Pinto. You know, three vehicles nowhere even close in value.’

Author didn’t even get Byron’s contract status right. He expires as an RFA.

No to all three or any combination of the
three. RNH was PPG on McDavids wing and fit like a glove and he’s a hell of an insurance policy if McDavid or Drai get hurt.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I'm not trying to say Drouin is better. You said there's a vast gap (didn't use those words) when there clearly isn't. Hopkins is the better player now and could be 5 years from now. There might be a sizable gap then, but right now there isn't.

I said he is clearly better. He clearly is. RNH has played a ton of hockey at center against the top lines in the west... and scored 56 points twice before McDavid ever go here. Drouin might one day eclipse RNH but he hasn't yet. Edmonton loses such a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->