OT: Baseball is apparently viable - The Champions 2015 Inaugural Season Talk

Ttracer*

There's a champions 2 for 1 coupon and schedule in the latest valpack. I know noone actually opens them but this might be worth it for baseball fans

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
There's a champions 2 for 1 coupon and schedule in the latest valpack. I know noone actually opens them but this might be worth it for baseball fans

Thanks for the heads up. I'm one who usually tosses those Valpacks, but I will actually use that one (not that Champions tickets are expensive to begin with, but if they're sending them out I will use them).

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com

Two valpack in a row actually. We had two coupons and my friend had one. So we all went to our first game on Thursday, 3 couples, 6$ each person. Great craft beer there too. It was fun, and this is speaking as someone who despise baseball on tv.

Saturday, they had 3$ craft beers at the game. Anyway, I recommend it even to non-baseball fans such as myself.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Champs lose two of three against the league's traveling team, Garden State. Veteran manager Hal Lanier ripped into his team post-game.

Garden State was 2-16 coming into Ottawa. They left 4-16.

Brutal.

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
Ottawa playing Wichita at home this afternoon. Former Blue Jays starting pitcher Scott Richmond is starting for the Wingnuts.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
Ottawa playing Wichita at home this afternoon. Former Blue Jays starting pitcher Scott Richmond is starting for the Wingnuts.

Had a nice chat with Richmond after today's game. Zero ego on the guy! This is his last year of pro ball, he was just looking for something to stay sharp with before the Pan-Am Games, and Wichita made him sign for the whole year.

Champs look like they're going to be in a dogfight down the stretch with Trois-Rivieres for the final playoff spot. :popcorn:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Well played, but it wasn't a double play, nobody was on first base.
But that's what makes it even better! In the case of a double-play, it's a no-brainer for the 2B to throw it to short. Here he had the presence of mind that he'd be too late pivoting and throwing to first on his own, and so he decides to throw it short, and hope the shortstop is ready for it. Thankfully he is, and he wastes no time getting the runner at first.

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
6129 at the park Saturday night - if champions win final 2 regular season games they make the postseason

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Champions eliminated after losing 9-3 today att. 3194. Last game of the season tomorrow 1:35pm

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Really too bad they couldn't convert all this civic goodwill for the final push for playoffs into anything tangible.

6000+ is really really impressive all the same, and I hope more than a few of those come back next season.

snowmobile

Jan 23, 2015
In this thread in May we were talking about the big first baseman Walter Young from the Lynx and later on the Goldeyes. Just learned that he passed away in September at 35. He was fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad