Speculation: Barrie

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Kerfoot is adequate.

Barrie, though, is so far below average at every aspect of being a defenseman. Remember when folks wanted Gardiner converted to forward? That's actually Barrie. And the forward he'd be is Nic Petan. I was cautiously optimistic about the trade, but the criticisms were spot on.

How much does Barrie make as a free agent? I want to be clear that I'm not emotionally reacting to this loss here, I'm pretty detached from the outcome; I wouldn't have this guy on my roster even for league minimum.

please don't even compare barrie and gardiner. gards was good 90% of the time, a blunder 10%. barrie is a blunder most of the time. just useless.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
The Kessel deal wasn't a good one for us either. He was worth more of a return to us than we got and we retained for many years. I didn't like that trade and I didn't like the Barrie trade.

Didn't we get Kappy and a draft pick we turned into Freddy for Kessel? Not too shabby.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
We acquired this bum and we did even worse, and now he's just going to walk. Kerfoot is nothing more than a third liner who plays neutral hockey. Really disliked this trade when it happened and I think it's a certified failure now.

You can't video game trades. Kadri was much better than either of these clowns

Reactions: great

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
We acquired this bum and we did even worse, and now he's just going to walk. Kerfoot is nothing more than a third liner who plays neutral hockey. Really disliked this trade when it happened and I think it's a certified failure now.

I hope Kadri wins the Cup this year. He deserves it. He is a man of honor.

Reactions: Kelly and 1specter

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Didn't we get Kappy and a draft pick we turned into Freddy for Kessel? Not too shabby.
Kessel was an elite player, he was worth more in my opinion. Kappy isn't living up to his potential (doesn't have the IQ). Freddy came in with great fanfare but has shown us he isn't
the real deal either. Kessel with all his warts should have returned more.

Reactions: saffronleaf

michi510

Aug 31, 2011
Toronto
I hope Kadri wins the Cup this year. He deserves it. He is a man of honor.

knowing our luck, he’s going to get it before leafs ever will, just like Kessel or Bozak. To be frank, I will be really happy for him. He did dumb during the last 2 bruins series, but he bleed blue and white for us

Reactions: saffronleaf

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Kessel was an elite player, he was worth more in my opinion. Kappy isn't living up to his potential (doesn't have the IQ). Freddy came in with great fanfare but has shown us he isn't
the real deal either. Kessel with all his warts should have returned more.

yup traded a player who should have won the conn smythe for the person who should be listed under the dictionary definition of CHOKER

Reactions: baton elevated

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
knowing our luck, he’s going to get it before leafs ever will, just like Kessel or Bozak. To be frank, I will be really happy for him. He did dumb during the last 2 bruins series, but he bleed blue and white for us

I will be happy for him, too. I loved Kadri and I still root for him. Colorado being in the West makes it all the more easy to get behind him.

Reactions: LastOne2100

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Tyson Barrie is 100% trash. He provided no offense. None at all. He actually made our #1 PP way worse and probably cost us the season. I cannot beleive we traded a 2 time 30 goal scorer in his prime for him. What a waste of assets.

Even ordinary trash has recyclable elements to it usually but Tyson is 100% trash.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Understood trading Kadri cause they couldn’t trust him to not get suspended.

but what they got in return boggles the mind.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Hope he’s okay. Don’t want to see anyone get injured.

One positive of tonight’s loss is never seeing him again in a Leaf jersey. Wouldn’t sign him for league minimum.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
What a signature Dubas put on the team acquiring this guy for playoff “liability” Kadri. Clutch game winner that was.

To be fair if Kadri didn't block the deal to the Flames, the Leafs could've gotten TJ Brodie instead, a player who can play some defense. Barrie was Dubas' plan B.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
All I can say about his year is that I'm left wondering how he ever scored 60 points in a season. I was expecting, at the very least, a Morgan Rielly or Jake Gardiner clone. Someone who may not be the greatest defensively and will make his share of hair-pulling mistakes, but brings an offensive and puck moving dynamism that would really have helped the Leafs right side (which was useless at being able to move the puck). I didn't see any of that this year. He was essentially Justin Holl but better on the PP.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Not upset we traded Kadri... however, i am upset with crap we spent a good asset on. Kadri could have been part of a package to get a player that put us ovee the top.... cant help but think that we likely could have gotten a Tanev. Sure, injury prone....but someone we may have been able to re-sign, a right handed player and great defensively. Instead yet another asset gone for nothing... a player we had no chance at resigning (aside from being almost entirely ineffective after we acquired him)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad