Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Cuda down 0-2, but scored late in 2nd and two more in 3rd, plus ENG to win 4-2.

Two goals from Letunov, including the GWG, one from Chmelevski, and an ENG from Noesen. Chmelevski also with an assist, 2 As for Meloche

After the initial fireworks, pretty calm game. HSK's Gage Quinney got knocked out of the game after running into Middleton, but it looked more like a collision than a high hit.

The other positive: Chekhovich-Kellman-Reedy was a pretty solid line. No points, but a lot of good zone time.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
AHL TV lists Merkley as being back in the lineup tonight, Barracuda going 7D. Chmelevski the odd man out.

Sam Harvey in net.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Not a real good performance. 4-1 Condors. Team looked pretty flat overall.

Merkley: -3. He was not on for the ENG, but was for the other three. In fact, I don't remember seeing him in the final half of the third period much at all.

Letunov with the only goal, at least he seems like he's finally getting going:

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Chmelevski up to the True line and in for DeSimone, Sawchenko in net.

Bergmann back from suspension, replacing Noesen for obvious reasons.

Audio is really strange. Sounds like the game is happening down the hall.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

About to get real familiar with the Texas Stars.

It's Texas @ San Jose, for four out of the next five nights.

(edit: They fixed the lines)

Last edited:

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
How has Chekhovich looked? I thought the Sharks might give him a shot with the big club as soon as this season, but judging by his production in the AHL it appears maybe there's still work to do? Outlook on him making the team next year?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
How has Chekhovich looked? I thought the Sharks might give him a shot with the big club as soon as this season, but judging by his production in the AHL it appears maybe there's still work to do? Outlook on him making the team next year?

It’s going to be tough regardless of how he looks because there’s a lot of winger talent in this organization but I want him to succeed just to make it easier to move wingers for a center.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

He looks better, been a little snakebit but he's been getting some good chances. His AHL numbers last year were an accurate reflection of how he looked, this year it feels like he should probably have more than just the two points. But he still hasn't had the explosiveness that he brought in his first two short stints in the AHL. He's just making the right play more often than he did last season.

I didn't think making the NHL this season was that realistic, regardless of what he did in the KHL. I think right now the expectations some people have of him are just much too high.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

With the Sharks announcing that Meloche, Middleton and Halbgewachs (who is injured) have been called up to the taxi squad, I believe this is literally everyone left on the Barracuda roster.

Pateryn getting his first game in, too. Wearing #2.

To add to what LS said above, today's game is free on AHL TV, and then on Friday Texas-San Jose is the Facebook game of the week for the AHL:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Letunov scores yet another, off a feed from Chekhovich. He's got six goals in his last seven games, somehow has zero assists on the season.

This has been the strongest game for a lot of players: Chekhovich, Merkley, Chmelevski have looked great.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Just a couple things on two of the newer members of this roster:

Brandon Coe is taking this opportunity and running with it. He keeps moving up the roster, playing on the second line today and starting to get PP time. He's starting to play like he's 6'4", too. One of the Stars just avoided getting wrecked by him tonight.

Scott Reedy is just a good player to have in this team's top 6. He's not flashy in the least, but he's strong on the puck, he forechecks hard, and he seems to just be in the right place all the time. Didn't know a thing about this guy going in but I like what he brings.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Letunov scores yet another, off a feed from Chekhovich. He's got six goals in his last seven games, somehow has zero assists on the season.

This has been the strongest game for a lot of players: Chekhovich, Merkley, Chmelevski have looked great.

Damn nice pass while stumbling by Chekhovich.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Just a couple things on two of the newer members of this roster:

Brandon Coe is taking this opportunity and running with it. He keeps moving up the roster, playing on the second line today and starting to get PP time. He's starting to play like he's 6'4", too. One of the Stars just avoided getting wrecked by him tonight.

Scott Reedy is just a good player to have in this team's top 6. He's not flashy in the least, but he's strong on the puck, he forechecks hard, and he seems to just be in the right place all the time. Didn't know a thing about this guy going in but I like what he brings.

For no explainable reason I’m very interested in Coe doing well. I want him to succeed, glad he’s making strides

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
With the CHL announcing no Memorial Cup, the province of Ontario doing another lockdown, I'm just waiting for the OHL to throw the towel in on the season. (Which means Coe would stick around this season.)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
With the CHL announcing no Memorial Cup, the province of Ontario doing another lockdown, I'm just waiting for the OHL to throw the towel in on the season. (Which means Coe would stick around this season.)
Kinda crazy that we're almost out of the woods in the Bay area with everybody getting vaccinated while other places that don't have as much supply are having to lock down again. It really sucks for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad