Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
38 - 23 shots... Lost 4 - 2. Not good. Powerplay was uuuuugly!

Don't think I've ever seen an uglier powerplay than what the Cuda put on the ice tonight.

Last edited:

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008
Don't think I've ever seen an uglier powerplay than what the Cuda put on the ice tonight.

Their power play early in the season made last night's look amazing! As bad as last night was, early in the season it was worse.

The first and third goals were on the far side of the ice from us, but from where we sat, it looked like Bibeau maybe should have had the first - though that might have been a snipe that nobody was going to stop. The third looked like one he should have stopped as well - but it was hard to tell what the traffic was like in front of him.

The second goal, I'm not even sure how it went in. One moment the guy is carrying the puck, the next he's falling on the ice and the puck is in the net.

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
Their power play early in the season made last night's look amazing! As bad as last night was, early in the season it was worse.

The first and third goals were on the far side of the ice from us, but from where we sat, it looked like Bibeau maybe should have had the first - though that might have been a snipe that nobody was going to stop. The third looked like one he should have stopped as well - but it was hard to tell what the traffic was like in front of him.

The second goal, I'm not even sure how it went in. One moment the guy is carrying the puck, the next he's falling on the ice and the puck is in the net.

First goal was an absolute snipe, top corner over his shoulder. Had a perfect view from my side. Second goal was ridiculous deke move in close. Third goal was a softy that he shouldn't have given up. Despite outshooting Tuscon, Tuscon's chances were much higher quality.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
First goal was an absolute snipe, top corner over his shoulder. Had a perfect view from my side. Second goal was ridiculous deke move in close. Third goal was a softy that he shouldn't have given up. Despite outshooting Tuscon, Tuscon's chances were much higher quality.

Frye needed to do a better job on that second goal. MacInnis absolutely walked right around him uncontested. I don't think Frye was sent back on the ice after that.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Can any of the guys who attend the Barracuda games regularly tell me if Sandberg or Fitzgerald are injured? I haven't seen them in the lineup for a long time.

Reactions: Beethovens 10th

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Can any of the guys who attend the Barracuda games regularly tell me if Sandberg or Fitzgerald are injured? I haven't seen them in the lineup for a long time.

I don't know about his injury status, but Sandberg was in warmups yesterday and nothing looked wrong with him.

Before he disappeared he was slowly falling down the lineup and wound up on the fourth line a couple times. Either an injury or a healthy scratch wouldn't surprise me.

SharkieFan

Sep 17, 2008

I haven't heard about any injuries. Sandberg hasn't shown anything, really, all season. Fitzgerald and shown even less. I think they've simply been passed up on the depth chart.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I haven't heard about any injuries. Sandberg hasn't shown anything, really, all season. Fitzgerald and shown even less. I think they've simply been passed up on the depth chart.
Huh, I'm surprised that Fitzgerald has been passed up by guys on ATOs. I thought maybe they'd send him to Allen if he was struggling like Schoenborn and Brodzinski.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Man who's the guy who gets to pick our 3rd round picks? Schoenborn was such a bad pick even at the time. Brayden Point was pretty hyped and all that too. Oh well can't dwell on it.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
After Dylan Strome scored a deuce to give the Roadrunners the lead, goals from Rourke Chartier and Adam Helewka have given the baby Sharks the lead after one. Go Sharks!

Beethovens 10th

du bist ein ungeduldiges Eichhörnchen!
Sep 27, 2017
Zentralfriedhof

Halbgewachs on the way? That’s his mom’s twitter.

Yaaaaaaas!
anchorman-jump-in-air-0.gif

Reactions: Sandisfan

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
It would appear to me that our prospects are not so bare anymore.

They still lack a true bluechipper or two, defense is pretty weak and I'm really not seeing goaltender of the future (but with Jones locked up, it's not a huge priority).

The cupboard was never really bare, they always churn out good NHL players. They just never have those high profile names due to drafting so high and a rough record with the first 3 rounds. They are one of the best, if not the best, at finding NHL talent in the lower rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad