Injury Report: Barkov (concussion protocol, day-to-day, back on 2/25?)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
GR thinks Brick will get the call for Barky.

Makes sense, Knight goes back to C, need a winger.

Also, The Panthers lost six of 10 when Barkov was out with a broken bone in his hand earlier this season.

Last edited:

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
yikes. career over

seriously tho, i'm sick of him beeing injured 24/7. bad luck barkov

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Hope this is just to make things safe and precaution. He didn't look shaky at all after the hit? Just our luck..

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Please be okay, if looking at positives he didn't look bad after the hit and was skating away.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Same with Ek but he missed 4 games which we lost.

True, I really hope it's not a concussion and this is only for being extra carefull, after all it's Barkov and they need him badly, but if he has I really hope it's a light concussion and only misses a week or so, that shouldn't affect his game/life at all.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
True, I really hope it's not a concussion and this is only for being extra carefull, after all it's Barkov and they need him badly, but if he has I really hope it's a light concussion and only misses a week or so, that shouldn't affect his game/life at all.

Yup. Hope with the quick ruling out for him for tonights game is just extreme precaution and he'll be 100% in a week.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Source tells me Barkov has returned home for concussion protocol, could return Friday if he passes. If not, Guddy will go to IR to make room for call-up.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Source tells me Barkov has returned home for concussion protocol, could return Friday if he passes. If not, Guddy will go to IR to make room for call-up.

:help:

That's no bueno. Would it be safe to assume he won't be returning by Friday/Saturday?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Depends. Could be back Friday or Saturday if he passes.

Excuse me for any misunderstanding, which player? I was wondering if Barkov can't go, wouldn't putting Guds on IR mean his injury is worse than intially thought of?

Wouldn't put Guds on IR if they didn't think his injury would keep him out much longer, and we definitely need him back there

If he goes on IR, isn't that a minimum of 7 days?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Excuse me for any misunderstanding, which player? I was wondering if Barkov can't go, wouldn't putting Guds on IR mean his injury is worse than intially thought of?

Wouldn't put Guds on IR if they didn't think his injury would keep him out much longer, and we definitely need him back there

If he goes on IR, isn't that a minimum of 7 days?

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Guddy on IR would be retroactive and he'd be able to return as soon as Friday.

They don't want to put Bolland on IR for buyout purposes.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Coincidence that both the games that Ek & Barky got injured in were games Thornton's been scratched?

Makes me think that GG should strongly reconsider next time he thinks of sitting Thornton. Worse part is the times of his sitting he has't even been playing that bad of hockey.

I would think Thornton sees himself in the lineup more often then not the rest of the season.

flomarilius

May 23, 2011
Miami, FL
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Guddy on IR would be retroactive and he'd be able to return as soon as Friday.

They don't want to put Bolland on IR for buyout purposes.

If the team puts Bolland on LTIR doesn't the "insurance" pay the contract and not the team? Always figured that's how it worked for some reason, albeit it would still count against the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad