Injury Report: Barclay Goodrow

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Insert mysterious injury that opens a spot up here...I'm hoping for Burish's back to 'flair up' again.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Burish has been absolutely brutal, so hopefully it's him that gets waived. It might end up being McGinn though.

I just can't imagine DW waiving McGinn after giving up a 3rd for him. He can be a scratch half the games or whatever until he finds his game, but I doubt DW would want to put him through waivers.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Burish has been absolutely brutal, so hopefully it's him that gets waived. It might end up being McGinn though.

I have a hard time believing he will waive anyone when he doesn't have to. Since they don't need to use LTIR and you can pretty much make up an injury to put someone on IR, they'll probably just do that. If they couldn't do that, they'd probably just send down Tierney since they wouldn't have to waive him. Even though he should be in there over Burish and nobody would claim him or McGinn anyway, there's no sense in taking the risk unless you absolutely have to.

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
Not really sure where all the Burish hate is coming from. He hasn't looked "horrible." Certainly better than Scott or Brown, plus is second among forwards in PK ice time. His Goals against per 60 when on the PK is below Pavs, Marleau and Thornton.

He hasn't been great but I the entire 4th line hasn't had a good game until IMO last night.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Not really sure where all the Burish hate is coming from. He hasn't looked "horrible." Certainly better than Scott or Brown, plus is second among forwards in PK ice time. His Goals against per 60 when on the PK is below Pavs, Marleau and Thornton.

He hasn't been great but I the entire 4th line hasn't had a good game until IMO last night.

I'm not sure I understand where any of the hate comes from. This is sports.
I think Burish has done rather well, not horribly.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Burish has been much better this year than the last two. Which isn't saying much since he's been hurt. I'm sure the team has a plan.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Burish has been much better this year than the last two. Which isn't saying much since he's been hurt. I'm sure the team has a plan.

He really has looked better this year, which has been a nice (albeit relatively minor) surprise.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Glad Goodrow's back.

It'll be interesting to see where they slot him in since the Sheppard-Tierney-Nieto line has been really good in the past few games.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
DanRusanowsky 11:45am via Twitter for iPhone

#SJSharks had @bgoodrow23 in warmups last night at @Avalanche so he was activated and is ready to go.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It really will be interesting to see who they ultimately waive. I wanna say that Scott is the most risk-free in terms of someone claiming him but I doubt they do it. Likely scenario is that they use the next couple games to see what Goodrow can do and have him trade spots with Kennedy.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Do you think he slots in for McGinn? Seems logical.

It does seem logical that he might start there considering how well the top 3 lines have played in the last 2 games but if McLellan was serious about putting him in a position to succeed he won't stay on the 4th line long.

My guess is that they would like to reunite the trio of Goodrow-Tierney-Wingels that worked so well in the pre-season which would move Nieto back to Couture's RW and Sheppard to the 4th line, all of which would be good with me.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
It does seem logical that he might start there considering how well the top 3 lines have played in the last 2 games but if McLellan was serious about putting him in a position to succeed he won't stay on the 4th line long.

My guess is that they would like to reunite the trio of Goodrow-Tierney-Wingels that worked so well in the pre-season which would move Nieto back to Couture's RW and Sheppard to the 4th line, all of which would be good with me.

I like Wingels with Couture and Marleau so I'd like to see what Goodrow-Tierney-Nieto can do since they didn't have much of a chance during preseason. Anyways, I kind of like the lineup versatility right now especially if Goodrow can come in and play well right away.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away

That sounds viable to me.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

He needs to get his feet wet so maybe the 4th line is a good place to start.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I don't get the McGinn hate. He has little offensive upside but is perfect in a grinding role. Had one of his best games of the year besides that errant pass in the 3rd.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
I don't get the McGinn hate. He has little offensive upside but is perfect in a grinding role. Had one of his best games of the year besides that errant pass in the 3rd.

He skates slow and he thinks slow. Not a good combination. I saw him a bit last year and it is the same, no big improvement. His redeeming quality is scoring touch. That alone won't really serve well in the bottom six. He looks like an AHL top 6 guy.

chris39bong

Agreed. I'm still hoping he develops into a 3rd liner next year, but so far he's shown to slightly drag down that line and can't be trusted playing important minutes. But his game is a near perfect mold for the 4th line playing more sheltered minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad