Proposal: Barclay Goodrow to anybody for a 7th

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
There was a trade rumour I watched that said Edmonton and Montreal was talking swap of Campbell for Gallagher retained plus a few other pieces 1 being Edmonton 1st and a young goalie from Montreal. I don't buy it as Gallagher brings nothing to the table.

That’s not true. He brings offensive zone penalties

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Chychrun for Goodrow 50% retained + Schneider.

To make cap work Ottawa takes Lindgren and sends Brannstrom 50% retained.
Rangers can't trade both of them for 1 more year of Chychrun. It would have to be 1 of them in whatever package works. Don't care for Brannstrom coming back.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Rangers can't trade both of them for 1 more year of Chychrun. It would have to be 1 of them in whatever package works. Don't care for Brannstrom coming back.
Lindgren and Brannstrom were simply for cap purposes.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
RD to balance the defence.
Same could be said for Rangers too with Chychrun.

Chychrun is the best player in the deal for sure, but despite Goodrow being a cap dump he’s the kind of cap dump the Sens might actually have use for though I doubt they’d retain 50% - by the time they retain and get a new player it would be almost cheaper to buyout). Maybe the retain say 30%.

Tough call, that’s 3 full years of unmovable guy at $2.6 if he ends up being ass.
Not sure Schneider makes up for that but seems like an interesting one for both sides.

Schneider is RD which is a massive hole for the Sens, even though he’s not top 4 quality today he still fits playing beside Sanderson in a stay at home role. Goodrow at 1.8M is a fair price for a 4th liner.
I understand RH is a need but I'd try and get a good RH dman, not just any.

• Haha
Reactions: Kendo

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
I was under the impression Lindgren was on the outs in New York, I considered him a dump.
He may be on his way out in the off-season, but he most certainly isn't a cap dump. But I agree that he has hardly any value for Ottawa, even if they were to move Chychrun.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I was under the impression Lindgren was on the outs in New York, I considered him a dump.
He's an RFA. He's not a dump. The outs come from wanting him and Fox split and not giving Lindgren a ridiculous long-term contract based on the way his body is breaking down. Rangers also need a player a little more skilled in the O zone because you just can't stack Trouba, Schneider and Lindgren with the expectation being the same roles. Obviously the dump in Trouba isn't being moved right now. If NY were out of the playoffs, they would easily find a spot for him on a playoff team for the trade deadline.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He may be on his way out in the off-season, but he most certainly isn't a cap dump. But I agree that he has hardly any value for Ottawa, even if they were to move Chychrun.
So let’s rework it.

To NYR - Chychrun

To Ottawa - Schneider + Goodrow

To 3rd team - NYR 1st for 50% retention on Goodrow

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
There was a trade rumour I watched that said Edmonton and Montreal was talking swap of Campbell for Gallagher retained plus a few other pieces 1 being Edmonton 1st and a young goalie from Montreal. I don't buy it as Gallagher brings nothing to the table.
Change of jerseys could be good for both

OrangePMD

Feb 2, 2021
Finland
So let’s rework it.

To NYR - Chychrun

To Ottawa - Schneider + Goodrow

To 3rd team - NYR 1st for 50% retention on Goodrow
Hey, I'd gladly do Chycrun for Schneider straight up. I think Rangers would even need to add something.

It's not perfectly ideal for Rangers to trade away a cheap young RD. But significantly upgrading the top-4 feels worth it to me.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Given the price that Winnipeg just paid for Monahan, and the fact that Goodrow has played mostly C this year, I think a 4th at the deadline is fair. /s

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Your fans made the offer
USA - CAN are, thank God, free countries.

bern will agree w/the herd [or any smaller segment thereof] or repudiate it based on merit as I calculate.
Not gonna be a stupid lemming and jump off a cliff to follow the leader

we need to go younger = moving Good, but that is not paying to take his whole salary
correct play here is retain 1.6x down to 2.0 per
he has value at that, and accept half a loaf of min return to recover cap

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
USA - CAN are, thank God, free countries.

bern will agree w/the herd [or any smaller segment thereof] or repudiate it based on merit as I calculate.
Not gonna be a stupid lemming and jump off a cliff to follow the leader

we need to go younger = moving Good, but that is not paying to take his whole salary
correct play here is retain 1.6x down to 2.0 per
he has value at that, and accept half a loaf of min return to recover cap
Habs can take Goodrow contract for your first?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
no thanks
As I have said, Rs should retain 1.6x [a bit less than half] to 2.0, and deal; in such trade at that #, he has value, at least for nominal gain or it doesn't cost to move him.

bern repudiates foolish youth for vets moves
Even if you retain Goodrow to a 2 mil cap hit, he's still going to need a 1st or some equivalent to dump him. He has no value at that rate with what he's producing. The Rangers will pay to get rid of Goodrow one way or another if they decide to move on from him. That's either pay to trade him away or buy him out with the latter being the most likely, imo.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Even if you retain Goodrow to a 2 mil cap hit, he's still going to need a 1st or some equivalent to dump him. He has no value at that rate with what he's producing. The Rangers will pay to get rid of Goodrow one way or another if they decide to move on from him. That's either pay to trade him away or buy him out with the latter being the most likely, imo.
Definitely a buyout candidate.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Disagree
cost to move is negligible at most at 2 per.
He has limited but actual value as a def responsible bottom 6 F w/championship experience. He is not a toasted bum who can't skate.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Disagree
cost to move is negligible at most at 2 per.
He has limited but actual value as a def responsible bottom 6 F w/championship experience. He is not a toasted bum who can't skate.
Based on what? Nobody wants someone at 2 mil not able to put at least some points on the board. Championship experience only goes so far and Goodrow isn't anything special defensively.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
The rags should just hold on to him and maybe look to trade him next year. Given his 2.6% shooting percentage and PDO of 94, I'd guess he'll be a candidate for a bounce back next year. Doesn't help that he's being tasked with a 78.5% d-zone start % (compared to mid 60s the past couple years in NY).

With only 2 years left on his contract and the cap going up, if Goodrow can get more reasonable usage, put up 25-30 points, and keep his FO% above 50% then he's a much more moveable asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad