Bally Sports will likely go bankrupt.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Sign me up. Bring back Ken Wilson and put Brett Hull on color commentary!
Wilson is 75. Much like people wanting Thorne and Clement to come back and broadcast games on ESPN, his best days are long behind him. Better to keep your fond memories of him (ignoring all of his on-air drooling over the Red Wings in the later part of his tenure) than have him come back and you try to pretend he's still great and he's just cringey at times, like Doc Emrick was late in his career, and you hate to admit OK, he can go off and enjoy retirement like people didn't want to admit with Emrick. Or Jack Buck in his last few years.

Hull would have to go sober up for a few weeks. Might have to do it "Shooters in Hoosiers" style.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Wilson is 75. Much like people wanting Thorne and Clement to come back and broadcast games on ESPN, his best days are long behind him. Better to keep your fond memories of him (ignoring all of his on-air drooling over the Red Wings in the later part of his tenure) than have him come back and you try to pretend he's still great and he's just cringey at times, like Doc Emrick was late in his career, and you hate to admit OK, he can go off and enjoy retirement like people didn't want to admit with Emrick. Or Jack Buck in his last few years.

Hull would have to go sober up for a few weeks. Might have to do it "Shooters in Hoosiers" style.
If Hull is going to be sober, I don't want him on the broadcast.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueston and jura

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
Good points all. MLS' plan is ballsy but I'm very hopeful other leagues will adopt a similar tactic, including the NHL. At this point I'd bet boomers not knowing how to pirate sports streams is the only thing keeping cable alive. Kill it once and for all.

And yes, having 7 streaming services costs as much as cable did, but the on-demand, commercial-less aspect of most is already a W in my book.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad