Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '23-'24 Thread

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
This is one big kid. Anyone have any insight on him?

Typical things you read about giants, heavy boots and awkward stride.

He added a heavy shot though. 26 goals is good for second in defenseman goal scoring behind Carter Yakemchuk’s 30. The next closest are Luca Cagoni and Hudson Thornton’s 18.

Last edited:

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
This is one big kid. Anyone have any insight on him?
I’ve been quietly hoping they’d get him into the system for a little while now. He’s solid defensively and that was his calling card for a couple years with Tri City, but this year he managed to build on the offensive side of his game which is impressive when you look at the Oil Kings struggles as a team on offense. Definitely has some struggles with skating but if he can work on that part of his game like Desharnais has he’s an interesting prospect imo.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

He added a heavy shot though. 26 goals is good for second in defenseman goal scoring behind Carter Yakemchuk’s 28. The next closest are Luca Cagoni and Hudson Thornton’s 18.

I’ve been quietly hoping they’d get him into the system for a little while now. He’s solid defensively and that was his calling card for a couple years with Tri City, but this year he managed to build on the offensive side of his game which is impressive when you look at the Oil Kings struggles as a team on offense. Definitely has some struggles with skating but if he can work on that part of his game like Desharnais has he’s an interesting prospect imo.
Merci!!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Might have some found money here.

Been a big fan of his since his first rookie tournament after the draft. I think he'll be an NHLer and COULD have top 4 potential, the tools are there.

Trust me, I'm smart. Me, @Bryanbryoil and a few others saw a player in Kesselring well before he started scoring goals in the AHL. I'm smart, we're smart right @Bryanbryoil ? ;)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

He added a heavy shot though. 26 goals is good for second in defenseman goal scoring behind Carter Yakemchuk’s 30. The next closest are Luca Cagoni and Hudson Thornton’s 18.
Wait, a 6'6" 20 year old Dman had 26 goals in the WHL that is solid defensively and his signing goes this under the radar? How were a bunch of teams not in on him? Those boots must be REALLY heavy and he's overage but still...

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Theres no way hes not an improvement over Ryan or Janmark.
Hell, he might be an improvement over Foegele for all we know but, ya know, they have to actually give him a shot to find out. They really need to see what they have in him and Holloway next season, what's the point of developing them otherwise? There should be some openings with a few guys moving on.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Been a big fan of his since his first rookie tournament after the draft. I think he'll be an NHLer and COULD have top 4 potential, the tools are there.

Trust me, I'm smart. Me, @Bryanbryoil and a few others saw a player in Kesselring well before he started scoring goals in the AHL. I'm smart, we're smart right @Bryanbryoil ? ;)
Adding Kesselring to what was already a fair deal(3rd for Bjugstad) is exactly what Holland is known for, "you can't squeeze people". Holland enjoys giving out freebies

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hell, he might be an improvement over Foegele for all we know but, ya know, they have to actually give him a shot to find out. They really need to see what they have in him and Holloway next season, what's the point of developing them otherwise? There should be some openings with a few guys moving on.
We could maybe drop Foegele into Janmark's spot if that were the case. It's maddening that Lavoie barely got a look.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

The kid is an absolute monster, he’s so big/strong and displayed it at the NHL level as well in his brief stint, displaying an ability to win board and puck battles against NHL comp.

He’s another prime example of the Oilers piss poor development system. He’s done everything asked of him, been scoring at a good clip and brings a great mix of size and shooting that the Oilers could use more of in their top 6. His only opportunity to show was a 7 game stint averaging 7 minutes on the 4th line when the team was playing like trash pretty much top to bottom.

Wouldn’t blame the kid if he didn’t want to re-sign and asked them to trade him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The kid is an absolute monster, he’s so big/strong and displayed it at the NHL level as well in his brief stint, displaying an ability to win board and puck battles against NHL comp.

He’s another prime example of the Oilers piss poor development system. He’s done everything asked of him, been scoring at a good clip and brings a great mix of size and shooting that the Oilers could use more of in their top 6. His only opportunity to show was a 7 game stint averaging 7 minutes on the 4th line when the team was playing like trash pretty much top to bottom.

Wouldn’t blame the kid if he didn’t want to re-sign and asked them to trade him.
Next season they should flat out clear out spots for Lavoie, Holloway and Broberg.

Foegele will price himself out of town thus opening a spot for Lavoie on the right side top 9. Holloway needs some runway and reps with the big club and could be a cheap replacement for Kane. Broberg is either a player that we should pencil in or should be traded while he has some value. I'm wondering if Wanner doesn't pass him on the depth chart simply because he's a RD and plays a more physical brand of hockey.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Next season they should flat out clear out spots for Lavoie, Holloway and Broberg.

Foegele will price himself out of town thus opening a spot for Lavoie on the right side top 9. Holloway needs some runway and reps with the big club and could be a cheap replacement for Kane. Broberg is either a player that we should pencil in or should be traded while he has some value. I'm wondering if Wanner doesn't pass him on the depth chart simply because he's a RD and plays a more physical brand of hockey.
They shouldn’t really even be competing for the same spots on the depth chart. Broberg should be taking Kulak’s spot next year with the eventual goal of having him move up and take over for Ekholm as the 2LD as he ages. Wanner is the guy you’re maybe looking at as a replacement for Vinny if he prices himself out of what the team can afford in a couple years(assuming he extends this summer that is). Best case scenario would be the two of them end up as partners on the second pair in 3/4 years.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
We could maybe drop Foegele into Janmark's spot if that were the case. It's maddening that Lavoie barely got a look.
And what I also find interesting (with reference to your Lavoie post) is the Kane situation. If he is working his way off the team (limited shelf life) then who do the Oilers have to take his place?--tough-mean streak-can fight--and some offensive ability-- then there is only one name on the farm that could fit the bill.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Good to see but the concern will be trying to get him through waivers as next year he has to clear waivers. Skinner will be 26 next year. I would be ok with Skinner Rodrigue tandem. Rodrigues numbers have followed Skinners path.
Screenshot_20240330_144849_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad