Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '23-'24 Thread

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Holloway feat. DJ Khaled. Another one.

If I didn't think they'd get injured getting off the plane, I'd say call up Holloway and Broberg for our games vs. the Yotes (2) and the Sharks.

It is sort of like... what more can they prove down in the AHL for both of them.

Slightly OT, but laughed at this. Stortini suffered the most from the crackdown on holding.

Don't know much about Chaulk, but judging on his PIM totals in the minor leagues over his career he was a guy who could look after himself lol.

Reactions: Biltmore and Soli

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Campbell was back for his first game in a couple weeks. Unfortunately, he had his weakest performance of his last 5 games...

... He only had a .929 (26 of 28 shots) on the night.

He's now up to a .921 on the season (top 5 in the AHL amongst qualified goalies), and is starting to open up a bit of a gap between his SV% and Rodrigue's still respectable .914.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Campbell was back for his first game in a couple weeks. Unfortunately, he had his weakest performance of his last 5 games...

... He only had a .929 (26 of 28 shots) on the night.

He's now up to a .921 on the season (top 5 in the AHL amongst qualified goalies), and is starting to open up a bit of a gap between his SV% and Rodrigue's still respectable .914.
He’ll be a decent #3 for a playoff run.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Campbell's bounce back may well make him tradable with some creative thinking. If the Oilers retained $1M and got another team to retain $1M Campbell at $3M may be attractive to some team.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Fantastic to see the Flamers lose on two fronts last night. Great night for Holloway. Excellent strip on the Condors fifth goal but it is worth looking at Broberg's anticipation, speed, and one-time finish to convert a nice feed. Zero hesitation to read the play and jump up travelling a long way in a short-time to deliver on a great forecheck turnover created by Malone.

Wonderful to see the organization's top pedigree guys put it together with consistent big minutes and opportunity.

Last edited:

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I haven't paid as much attention on him but 48GP 5G 29A 34P is pretty good. Possible he's finally gonna pan out? Really hoping that's the case.
The organization has finally placed him in a situation to play consistent ice-time and grow his game with critical situations. He's tied for 18th in AhL defenseman scoring, a 7th points from 10th. Think I heard he's like top 5 or 6 points/60. Personally I'm not sure the point production will translate to NHL (maybe over time) but a young, solid 2-way guy with size and this kind of puck transportation ability will help.

The player is starting to put all the pieces together. Still could use some harder, physical element but he's more of a pure European position style defender. Maybe this grows over time.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I haven't paid as much attention on him but 48GP 5G 29A 34P is pretty good. Possible he's finally gonna pan out? Really hoping that's the case.
From watching Bako games, he looks a lot more like a guy who is thriving because he's playing in a league that hides his weaknesses more so than a guy who has developed to fix them.

There's just so much more time and space in the AHL. He's able to skate pucks straight out of the zone and has tons of time to make decisions. NHL teams don't let you do that. They're constantly forcing you east-west into layers and that's where Broberg struggled. He was kind of like Puljujarvi where the second he was forced east-west, it was pretty much an automatic turnover.

I think we'll likely see the same Broberg at the NHL level where his processing speed completely negates his skating ability and he's kind of just there.

Reactions: McAsuno

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Man, he made that OT goal look so easy.

Reminds me of a former Wild draft pick playing in our beer league. Every now and then he would just make plays like that for fun haha.

Reactions: Oilhawks

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
They need to move Kulak this off-season and give the 3LD spot to Broberg. Having a guy making $2.75m on the third pair is an unnecessary luxury when you’ve got a top prospect LHD waiting in the wings, especially when you’ve got Nurse and Ekholm to insulate him. He’s gotta be given 50 games with the piece of mind that he’s got the spot where he can play his game and not be worried about being scratched or sent down for every little mistake.

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
They need to move Kulak this off-season and give the 3LD spot to Broberg. Having a guy making $2.75m on the third pair is an unnecessary luxury when you’ve got a top prospect LHD waiting in the wings, especially when you’ve got Nurse and Ekholm to insulate him. He’s gotta be given 50 games with the piece of mind that he’s got the spot where he can play his game and not be worried about being scratched or sent down for every little mistake.

100% agree.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
13 points for Petrov and 18 points for Borgo?

Yikes, these 2 guys were in the top 5 for prospects heading into the season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad