Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '23-'24 Thread

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Packaging Broberg for that top4 rightie makes the most sense to me.

There's no point having a third pairing that needs soft offensive minutes when the two pairings above them would do far more with those offensive minutes.

The team is better off with a defensive-focused third pairing. Keeping Kulak makes the most sense for that, but you could replace him with a cheap veteran instead if you're looking to save some cap.
Kulak is probably gone this off season more to do with our cap situation over giving Broberg minutes. 2.75 on the bottom pairing is a luxury we can't afford next season. I think they find a veteran 7D for near league minimum in free agency.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Foegele is a rare breed of Oiler forward. He's a winger that has shown that he can produce both with and without the support of our offensive catalysts.

We've also seen what happens when Kulak's responsibilities and minutes are elevated. It ended with the Ekholm trade.
I really dont think this is true. Does anyone have a breakdown of his production with and without being on a line with Leon/Connor for the year?

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I really dont think this is true. Does anyone have a breakdown of his production with and without being on a line with Leon/Connor for the year?

He has like 4 or 5 goals this year that aren’t against the bottom feeders of the league.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Bako season over I think. Chalk wrong coach but little talent to work with. Keep Campbell away from the Oilers. He’s a curse.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Bako season over I think. Chalk wrong coach but little talent to work with. Keep Campbell away from the Oilers. He’s a curse.
Oilers need to completely reinvent their approach to the development system. From drafting, to the AHL team and up to how they call up/utilize prospects with the big team.

Time to turf the AHL coaches. Keith Gretzky. Our amateur scouts etc.

Complete revamp.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I didn't mind Chaulk's work this year. Anyone that showed any offense like Lavoie and Broberg got every ounce of minutes they could handle. The guys that didn't got much better defensively.

There's no shame in losing to Ontario. One of the few teams with better defensive numbers than Bako and they've got tons of veterans and an elite goalie prospect.

Would have been nice if anyone showed up though. They got dominated pretty bad.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
They did something similar last year, and waiting until the end of the 1st round to recall the black aces.

Though Broberg and maybe Campbell might find their way up eariler.

Super nice guy but for God sakes keep Campbell far far away from here. I’d tell him to take an all expense paid trip to Europe with the family or something. We do not need his woe is me Eeyore vibes around the team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I didn't mind Chaulk's work this year. Anyone that showed any offense like Lavoie and Broberg got every ounce of minutes they could handle. The guys that didn't got much better defensively.

There's no shame in losing to Ontario. One of the few teams with better defensive numbers than Bako and they've got tons of veterans and an elite goalie prospect.

Would have been nice if anyone showed up though. They got dominated pretty bad.

My concern is they built a veteran laden team that was supposed to be an AHL contender but never got off the ground and really rolling. He seemed to bounce between playing the vets and then the prospects. Didn’t watch enough to comment on coaching strategy but my guess is he is from the Babcock / TMac / Woody mold given his links and we need a coach who will support what KK is doing up here.

Reactions: VainGretzky

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
My concern is they built a veteran laden team that was supposed to be an AHL contender but never got off the ground and really rolling. He seemed to bounce between playing the vets and then the prospects. Didn’t watch enough to comment on coaching strategy but my guess is he is from the Babcock / TMac / Woody mold given his links and we need a coach who will support what KK is doing up here.
I think they had a good plan with a veteran or two paired up with all the prospects spread across the lines, but with the prospects all kind of flopping, he had to rely on Griffith and Pederson a ton.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I think they had a good plan with a veteran or two paired up with all the prospects spread across the lines, but with the prospects all kind of flopping, he had to rely on Griffith and Pederson a ton.

I think a lot of injuries to key players hurt as well.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
It’s still early. I’d expect he might be called up if we make R2.
I don't think so they called up Campbell and Broberg, you would think they would have him skating with the team early and on the flight back from Cali I see him as a trade piece in the summer

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I don't think so they called up Campbell and Broberg, you would think they would have him skating with the team early and on the flight back from Cali

There are plenty of flights from Cali. Players have to wrap up things post season. They can take care of that business and be called up once R1 is clinched. They did this in the past 2 years IIRC.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
There are plenty of flights from Cali. Players have to wrap up things post season. They can take care of that business and be called up once R1 is clinched. They did this in the past 2 years IIRC.
I like the player I just don't think the management is as high on him as Oiler fans are

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Last year April 17th we started playoffs

23rd Holloway and Rodrigue called up
25th Pickard
27th Niemo, Malone and Dineen
May 2nd Lavoie, Kemp and Hamblin

Reactions: jukon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad