Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season III | Bird Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Idk if it's a pipe dream but... if he can stay down there for at least a few years that'd be amazing.
Makes me wonder if the 3 year Tippett contract is a legit sign that Holland offered him the job in a few years time. Basically "keep up the work down there and you have an NHL coaching job in 3 more years"

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Makes me wonder if the 3 year Tippett contract is a legit sign that Holland offered him the job in a few years time. Basically "keep up the work down there and you have an NHL coaching job in 3 more years"

I dont think you sign Tippett for 3 years thinking you are going to part ways at the end of the contract.
That is projecting the worst case scenario. Doesnt seem like a very smart thing to do.

That said I like that Woodcroft is staying.

Reactions: nabob

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think the 3 year contract is cause Katz is tired of wasting money.

No idea how we got Tippett cheaper than Kruger

Reactions: SavesFromKosko

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Woodcroft signs for 3 years. Tippett for 3 years.

1zecbwg.gif

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Woodcroft signs for 3 years. Tippett for 3 years.

1zecbwg.gif

When did they announce Woodcroft for 3 years? IMO Holland and Tippett are setting up K. Gretz and Woodcroft to be their successors unless neither of the elder statesmen want to relinquish their titles.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thanks @SavesFromKosko

If K. Gretz shows great promise I wouldn't mind if Holland retains the President job and K. Gretz gets the GM spot. I wounder if Woodcroft would start as an Associate coach for a year under Tippett or if they'd just hand him the reigns? He has plenty of experience as as assistant at the NHL level so they may just have him step right in.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I think the 3 year contract is cause Katz is tired of wasting money.

No idea how we got Tippett cheaper than Kruger

50 wins with a leading scorer at 55 pts is not impressive at all:laugh: Look at the ditch water lineup he had the year they let him go. Just get this guy a goalie and give him a chance

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Thanks @SavesFromKosko

If K. Gretz shows great promise I wouldn't mind if Holland retains the President job and K. Gretz gets the GM spot. I wounder if Woodcroft would start as an Associate coach for a year under Tippett or if they'd just hand him the reigns? He has plenty of experience as as assistant at the NHL level so they may just have him step right in.

I think a bunch of good stuff needs to happen in the next couple of years and that really means winning if they are anointing a guy as the new GM. If the team succeeds that will score big points for KG but also for Tippet who probably has to fail to get replaced. If Tippet and the team have a good couple of years he is going to get extended because they won't gamble in areas that are finally looking okay again. I ldo like what Woodcroft has done though.

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Two prospects I have the most interest in have Saskie connections. I have questions about Bear and Hebig.
I believe at the end of camp Ethan was our #1 D prospect. Any questions were on the defensive side and his upside was related to the power play. Why was he barely getting 2nd team PP minutes down the stretch.(injury only cost him 14 games)
Cameron broke camp on the right side of Marody and Benson with much success. His “progression” took him to 4th line LW and healthy scratched in playoffs. I’ve always seen him as confident and hard working. what happened?

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
AHL is a different league and I guess pretty much everything is different now, but in case someone's interested I'll translate quickly a fresh article where your former prospect Frans Tuohimaa talks about his times in the ECHL:

- I didn't find any rhythm to my doing. I worked extremely hard but I felt I didn't get anything back. I felt pretty confused mentally and I was really frustrated.

- The way our team worked was of beer league quality. It felt that everything was somehow from the *rse and it caught myself during the season, too. It was really hard to take anything professionally as there wasn't any of it around you. Also the side workouts were done alone in an empty arena - it wasn't easy.

- Of course if I played there now I'd know to react things in a different way. I should just let the things you can't affect pass. I still hope I'll never have to play in the ECHL again.

Suomalaismaalivahti lataa suorat sanat karmeasta kokemuksestaan farmin farmissa: ”Toiminta oli kaljaliigatasoa, kaikki aivan perseestä”

Reactions: Aerrol

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
AHL is a different league and I guess pretty much everything is different now, but in case someone's interested I'll translate quickly a fresh article where your former prospect Frans Tuohimaa talks about his times in the ECHL:

- I didn't find any rhythm to my doing. I worked extremely hard but I felt I didn't get anything back. I felt pretty confused mentally and I was really frustrated.

- The way our team worked was of beer league quality. It felt that everything was somehow from the *rse and it caught myself during the season, too. It was really hard to take anything professionally as there wasn't any of it around you. Also the side workouts were done alone in an empty arena - it wasn't easy.

- Of course if I played there now I'd know to react things in a different way. I should just let the things you can't affect pass. I still hope I'll never have to play in the ECHL again.

Suomalaismaalivahti lataa suorat sanat karmeasta kokemuksestaan farmin farmissa: ”Toiminta oli kaljaliigatasoa, kaikki aivan perseestä”
It doesn't really surprise me. Same league where the team kept the cup and never gave it back.

Reactions: GameChanger

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

From friends that played in the ECHL: it is very much the beer leagues of pro hockey. Next to none taking it seriously, most are just there for the fun and because they dont know what to do after hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad