Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season III | Bird Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yup, was fun to see their progress and some good developmental coaching by Woodcroft. We finally have some good prospects down the road. Now to keep building on that depth.

Reactions: KYams17

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Condors are set up to be one of the best teams in the AHL next year, with McLeod, Maksimov, Samorukov, and Bouchard joining full time. Maybe losing Benson and one of Jones/Lagesson to the big club but it was a heck of a run this year.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hoping that Gambardella, Benson, Marody (when healthy), Jones, Lagesson, Bear, Bouchard, Yamamoto (when healthy) and McLeod all work hard this offseason so that they make things interesting in camp in the Fall and throughout the season as internal competition is a good thing.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Hoping that Gambardella, Benson, Marody (when healthy), Jones, Lagesson, Bear, Bouchard, Yamamoto (when healthy) and McLeod all work hard this offseason so that they make things interesting in camp in the Fall and throughout the season as internal competition is a good thing.
Wow our camp is going to be wild next year.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'm wondering how long do we have to wait to find out if the rumors of Woodcroft leaving to join McLellan are true.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'm wondering how long do we have to wait to find out if the rumors of Woodcroft leaving to join McLellan are true.

I think he would be taking a step backwards going to a rebuilding LA squad under TMac's shadow again. He can make his own mark and be his own man with what will probably be a very powerful Condors squad next season and beyond. That is how you get to be on the head coach radar screen.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Impressed with the team this year. We Will have some reinforcements next season so we can f*** up Anaheim's farm team. Looking forward to it :nod:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
One thing I am really impressed with (other than the team as a whole) is Ryan McLeod. I think we have at least a top-9 forward here.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Holland has familiarity with Woodcroft and hopefully at least considers him for the Oilers job or if not, maybe gives him a raise for the job he's done with Bako to try and keep him here.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Not much a team can do when Adam Cracknell decides to go off for 4-5-9 in 5GP.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Okay NO. People seriously need to stop with this mania. Samorukov is NOT NHL ready just because he's dominating junior. Bear did that. Even Jones was a PPG and neither were NHL ready. Pro level is much different. Players are much faster, more skilled, have more experience, more older and bigger. It's not kids playing against kids. It's a kid playing against men, and that takes time.

Enough with throwing Junior dominating players to the NHL
I never said he was NHL ready, I said he was more NHL ready aka closer.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Is Woodcroft still under contract beyond this one season? I think now that's he's had the taste of being a HC (and discovered he is actually quite good at it) and has built a solid foundation and rapport with the team, I'm hoping he looks to extend with Bakersfield instead of going back to being a puppet for Mclellan.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Can't say I'm all that disappointed in the outcome this year. It was a building year for our young guys and boy oh boy did they grow. Props to Woodcroft for a great season. The team should be an absolute force next year with all the new guys joining. Great season Condors!

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I love when people show up and try to dump on people for being excited and optimistic.

I think people are just toning expectations. Samorukov accomplished everything he did against kids. Bear & Jones were great in junior, and both took time to adapt the the AHL. Samurai will too, although I think he'll adapt better than both of them.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I think people are just toning expectations. Samorukov accomplished everything he did against kids. Bear & Jones were great in junior, and both took time to adapt the the AHL. Samurai will too, although I think he'll adapt better than both of them.

No. Please, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad