Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '16-17 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
They need a new coach and better players; team looks like they have no idea what to do. Fraser might be the worst defenseman I've ever seen and this coach uses him like a #1.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
On a side note, what an awful game by Bakersfield. Got unlucky with some posts, but that was just an awful game overall against a terrible team.

I thought they'd make playoffs the way they were playing a few weeks ago, but I doubt it now.

Couldn't agree more. It looked as though they want to miss the playoffs.

I liked some small parts though. I love Griff's assertiveness all game. He went and pummelled Jim O'Brien after he hit Oesterle, I thought Gambardella had a few nice shifts in the 3rd and I thought Descheneau was excellent, he's really been coming on. Overall though a very disappointing effort from the Condors.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
They need a new coach and better players; team looks like they have no idea what to do. Fraser might be the worst defenseman I've ever seen and this coach uses him like a #1.

Agreed Fraser is useless and is absolutely useless moving the puck or trying to do anything in the offensive zone. Fleming was riding him hard all game and did not utilize Mantha at all to the point that I don't even understand why they dressed him to play such little ice-time. Some of his line choices are very bizarre as well.

Couldn't agree more. It looked as though they want to miss the playoffs.

I liked some small parts though. I love Griff's assertiveness all game. He went and pummelled Jim O'Brien after he hit Oesterle, I thought Gambardella had a few nice shifts in the 3rd and I thought Descheneau was excellent, he's really been coming on. Overall though a very disappointing effort from the Condors.
Yeah I've liked Griffs game for a while now at the AHL level. Gambardella looks solid, although he and Oesterle both got caught puck watching on the game winner and left Petryk all alone in the slot. Paigin didnt have much opportunity to showcase, but looked decent from what I saw. Mantha barely even played. Khaira looked pretty bad honestly. Puljujarvi made some dumb passes at the end of the game after gaining zone entry. Laleggia looked good imo, and Lander is good at the AHL level (albeit his lack of any dynamic ability is obvious).

I really don't get it though tbh. With Laleggia, Lander, Hamilton, Puljujarvi, Gambardella, Khaira in your top 6 you really should be dominating a team like SA. A lot of guys just heavily underperforming.

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Looks like Fleming could be the AHL version of Therrien. Playing vets over kids reminded me of how Therrien handled Galchenyuk. Playing Fraser like a #1 d man is already bad. Didn't like how he handled Puljujarvi either.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Agreed Fraser is useless and is absolutely useless moving the puck or trying to do anything in the offensive zone. Fleming was riding him hard all game and did not utilize Mantha at all to the point that I don't even understand why they dressed him to play such little ice-time. Some of his line choices are very bizarre as well.

Yeah I've liked Griffs game for a while now at the AHL level. Gambardella looks solid, although he and Oesterle both got caught puck watching on the game winner and left Petryk all alone in the slot. Paigin didnt have much opportunity to showcase, but looked decent from what I saw. Mantha barely even played. Khaira looked pretty bad honestly. Puljujarvi made some dumb passes at the end of the game after gaining zone entry. Laleggia looked good imo, and Lander is good at the AHL level (albeit his lack of any dynamic ability is obvious).

I really don't get it though tbh. With Laleggia, Lander, Hamilton, Puljujarvi, Gambardella, Khaira in your top 6 you really should be dominating a team like SA. A lot of guys just heavily underperforming.

And that is why they are so damn frustrating. They should be dominant. It looks like they're not even trying.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wow what a ****ing piece of human excrement that guy is. I hope that Oesterle is o.k or at least won't have any long term issues with his health and career. Completely gutless and brainless hit.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Yeah, you'd have to think that Fleming is gone if they miss the playoffs. Chiarelli and K. Gretzky didn't hire him, so they'll try and get one their own guys in there.

Knoblauch or another hot shot junior guy would be a good pick up.

Last edited:

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I don't get the reasoning of dressing two rookie blue liners for their first game, if the intention isn't to give anything more that quickly dipping their foot in the water.... It's a nice way to kill your top 4 defencemen in a game.

This is the stretch drive for the team, and Fleming seemingly wants to mix all the lines....

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Can someone explain to me Why bakersfield will play less games than other teams in the AHL , and why they do this ?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Can someone explain to me Why bakersfield will play less games than other teams in the AHL , and why they do this ?

Pacific teams play less and playoff spots are determined by point%. They made the change a year or 2 ago because they thought it would be more beneficial development wise iirc.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Pacific teams play less and playoff spots are determined by point%. They made the change a year or 2 ago because they thought it would be more beneficial development wise iirc.
Thx but some pacific teams will play more kinda weird. I also don't care if they miss I kinda want to see Lander Puljujarvi/Slepy/Oesterle up here for playoffs

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Just published an interview with Paigin after his AHL debut

http://thehockeywriters.com/ziyat-paigin-oilers-prospect/

Have a good read!

Fantastic interview. Alot of the nuianuces get lost in google translate, so when we get such a spot on translation, it really highlights some of the more eloquently derived thoughts.... talking about hockey. :D

At any rate, there is a TON of information about Paigin's stay in North America (and beyond?). Everyone coming into this thread needs to give that a read.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Fantastic interview. Alot of the nuianuces get lost in google translate, so when we get such a spot on translation, it really highlights some of the more eloquently derived thoughts.... talking about hockey. :D

At any rate, there is a TON of information about Paigin's stay in North America (and beyond?). Everyone coming into this thread needs to give that a read.

From that interview he seems 100% dead set on NA. Rejected a 3 year KHL deal, got a bit screwed around last year (not sure if deserved or not but just going from this interview. I like that hes in it for the long haul her.e Not just coming over to try and ge a spot next year and if not, going back home. Given our depth at LD in NHL and minors he could see a year in AHL at mininimum

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
That was a good interview. You can tell he was getting screwed around in Russia because he's young, I'm glad he came over to NA right away and he sounds very determined to succeed and earn a spot on the big team. Hopefully it works out for him and the team.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
In that interview, I like that he mentioned he studied the Oilers games and their roster, and felt that he could make the team. That says a lot about his confidence and understanding of what it is he needs to do to reach his goal. It would be hard for any of the LHD in the system to make the team over Klef, Sekera, and Nurse.

Definitely looking forward to the dog fight for playing time down in Bakersfield with Paigin, Simpson, Lagesson, Betker, and Jones in the mix on LHD.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
In that interview, I like that he mentioned he studied the Oilers games and their roster, and felt that he could make the team. That says a lot about his confidence and understanding of what it is he needs to do to reach his goal. It would be hard for any of the LHD in the system to make the team over Klef, Sekera, and Nurse.

Definitely looking forward to the dog fight for playing time down in Bakersfield with Paigin, Simpson, Lagesson, Betker, and Jones in the mix on LHD.

I think Betker will be out of the system soon enough. Pretty useless player tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad