Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '16-17 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
And yet JP was -3 on the night...

Yet the coach is a moron for his handling of the player. :shakehead

We're not there to see Pulji and the coaches are. Let them do their jobs and fans should do whatever it is they're paid for in their jobs. (Tw0shoes, this is not a reference to you.)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
And yet JP was -3 on the night...

The first 3 Texas goals were completely on the D (mostly Betker) for making terrible turnovers leading to breakaways/odd man rushes. Very Jultz esque. Didn't see the rest of the game, but those first 3 certainly weren't on Jesse in the slightest.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
The first 3 Texas goals were completely on the D (mostly Betker) for making terrible turnovers leading to breakaways/odd man rushes. Very Jultz esque. Didn't see the rest of the game, but those first 3 certainly weren't on Jesse in the slightest.

Game got better, but you're dead on. Condors dmen were slow and out of position on the first 3 goals. The 4th was a great save by Gus that trickled through by open net and was picked up by Texas before Gus could recover.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

This.

Jesse had nothing to do with the goals against. I thought he looked good. His handling is questionable.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If anybody has a working stream for the game tonight, let me know please. I would like to watch it knowing Paigin and Mantha are in the lineup.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Here's a little pre-game vid for the game tonight. Gambardella just oozes character. You can also get a look at his goal and assist in this vid. That pass was awesome.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
With the signing of Lagesson, that is five rookie D to start next season between AHL & ECHL. When there is that much competition, have to think at least one guy will rise up and become a great NHL'er for us. Fleming must be ecstatic though, imagine having Mantha, Paigin, and Bear all on separate pairings and making the most of their excellent shots.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Game got better, but you're dead on. Condors dmen were slow and out of position on the first 3 goals. The 4th was a great save by Gus that trickled through by open net and was picked up by Texas before Gus could recover.

Sounds like the Condor D is precisely why we have seen a few ELCs handed out

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Damn, San Antonio's stream quality is good. Most of the AHL especially the California teams have awful streams, so I recommend anyone wanting to get look at the baby Oilers, with Mantha and Paigin, tune in to this one.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
I'm going to half watch this game since I'm so intrigued to see the new additions. Go Condors.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Damn, San Antonio's stream quality is good. Most of the AHL especially the California teams have awful streams, so I recommend anyone wanting to get look at the baby Oilers, with Mantha and Paigin, tune in to this one.

Paid stream via AHL or another *free* source stream (dont post the link if so, ill find one some time here) just curious

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
there's a balancing act between winning games and giving prime minutes to key prospects. For the most part, Bakersfield has been good about the developmental stuff.

Have they?

Kyle Brodziak is the last time we had a forward who spent a meaningful amount of development time in the AHL and actually establish himself as a legitimate NHL player for us.

That was 10 years ago. And he wasn't even playing under an Oilers coaching staff. We were sharing our affiliate with the Pens at the time and Todd Richards was the head coach.

We've had our own affiliate since 2007-08 and we literally have not developed a single actual NHL forward through meaningful development with our AHL team. Not one. We all have hopes for guys like Khaira and Slepy, but neither of them are full timers. Lander was close, but ended up never really panning out.

Frankly I'm surprised that Fleming is still here after 10 seasons with the organization. Our AHL team has been pumping out duds for a decade.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Paid stream via AHL or another *free* source stream (dont post the link if so, ill find one some time here) just curious

Like my friend Pedro, the stream isn't exactly legal.

Also, I somewhat take back what I said, the actual picture quality is good, but they only have one camera and no replay.

As for the game the Condors looked like complete ass. Gustavsson was garbage both goals were his fault, but he did make some nice saves to keep things from getting worse. If it weren't for those saves and beauty shot from Descheneau late the Condors would likely be down 4 or 5 nothing.

Mantha had two bombs from the point, he looks real good offensively, in his own zone he matched the physicality well, but he looked a bit overwhelmed by the speed in the first.

As for Paigin, he didn't do much good or bad... He is ****ing massive.

Only two Condors I liked were Simpson and Descheneau.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Decheneau with another beauty snipe.

Mantha hasn't seen the ice since the 3 minute mark of period one. I didn't see him get hurt. So if Fleming is benching him after his first period i will be so mad. That would be exactly what I was talking about after Wednesdays game. On top of Mantha's possible benching, Paigan barely played that period. What a great message to the two youngsters. Its not like the veterans have looked all that good themselves.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Descheneau has been very impressive the last while. He's a guy who could be worth an NHL contract, or perhaps another AHL deal for a year to prove he can play like this over a full season.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
On a side note, what an awful game by Bakersfield. Got unlucky with some posts, but that was just an awful game overall against a terrible team.

I thought they'd make playoffs the way they were playing a few weeks ago, but I doubt it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad