Online Series: Bad Batch (Final Season - Feb 21)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Or she is a character who is force sensitive and as has been shown a few times in the show, she has a link of sorts to animals using that sensitivity. She is a character that shows that the clones can be more than just programmed soldiers and have a human side to them. She brings an innocence than her brothers do not have.
None of what you say changes anything that I said.

We all know that she's there to be the "lost innocence" of the clones. We also know that she's there to be the Coming-Of-Age Protagonist in a Young Adult Fiction TV show. Just like Clone Wars and Rebels (and Avatar), Filoni's animated shows are rooted in these teenaged protagonists as a vehicle for their family friendly messages. None of this is groundbreaking knowledge.

Whether or not she's force sensitive doesn't change her placement in the narrative and the tropes that she serves. Just because we can understand the reason she acts in a particular way doesn't change that it can get repetitive and annoying. Her force sensitivity doesn't make particular plot points less repetitive or less predictable.

The show is still worth watching, but it suffers at times because of the central role she plays in it.

Dec 29, 2004
I think Bad Batch is just the opening of the Omega story. Her launch pad, if you will. I think at some point her story will be more related to her other brother Boba Fett. This would fill a very large gaping hole in Boba's middle story rather nicely, if done well. This story line actually would have the most potential of carrying forward anything else currently happening in the SWU. Unfortunately, this 'starwarsian family drama' would probably get done in a live action setting.

EDIT: Actually, no this will never happen. Boba has plot armor and the girl boss does not. N/M.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think Bad Batch is just the opening of the Omega story. Her launch pad, if you will. I think at some point her story will be more related to her other brother Boba Fett. This would fill a very large gaping hole in Boba's middle story rather nicely, if done well. This story line actually would have the most potential of carrying forward anything else currently happening in the SWU. Unfortunately, this 'starwarsian family drama' would probably get done in a live action setting.

EDIT: Actually, no this will never happen. Boba has plot armor and the girl boss does not. N/M.
I have been wondering if there is a link between the Emperor's attempts at cloning force sensitivity, assumption for his own use, and the attempts in the Mandalorian and the use of Grogu to such ends.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Whether or not she's force sensitive doesn't change her placement in the narrative and the tropes that she serves. Just because we can understand the reason she acts in a particular way doesn't change that it can get repetitive and annoying. Her force sensitivity doesn't make particular plot points less repetitive or less predictable.

The show is still worth watching, but it suffers at times because of the central role she plays in it.

Meh, Crosshair is clearly going to die. Bad guys don't get to turn back into good guys again.

That's predictable and a trope too.

I don't think Omega monopolizes the tropes on this show.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Fantastic couple of episodes. The "what happens to the clones after order 66" storyline continues to be by far the best of this show. This season has easily been the best for me. Probably because they seem to have ditched the saving Omega from whatever danger of the week

The scene with Wolf and Rex hit so hard. I love seeing what happens to all the commanders and clone leaders. The closure I didn't know I needed from the end of the clone wars.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
At this point if that commando clone doesn't end up being Tech I think I'm gonna feel disappointed lol

Yeah it's gotta be someone pretty significant. They basically beat a group of the best remaining clones single-handedly initially. Cody could make sense.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think the season has been pretty good overall but my hangup is I don't really feel all that invested in the main story arc. They're going to go f*** with Hemlock on Tantis sure but really his whole nefarious thing is turning clones into killing machines? Weren't they created to be killing machines? The Palpatine project necromancer tie in is interesting I guess but that seems like it'll be more easter egg side plot. Unless the actions of the Bad Batch squad cause the cloning to be delayed and result in Snoke or something.

I dunno, stopping Hemlock just feels a little small potatoes for a series finale. Maybe not, they still have half a season I guess to build it up.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I really like Hemlock as a primary antagonist, but it worked a lot better when Crosshair and Omega were under his control (or at least isolated from the rest of the Bad Batch). Since they've been reunited, it's lost a bit of steam. Omega's "we've got to save the other clones" has a lot less intrinsic motivation for them pursuing Tantiss and Hemlock than trying to rescue Omega herself.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah it's gotta be someone pretty significant. They basically beat a group of the best remaining clones single-handedly initially. Cody could make sense.
Figure it will be a clone that we've seen before from the Clone Wars animated series.

Clearly, these operative clones have insane skill, but from what Crosshairs said, the odds of surviving the "reprogramming" were low. Probably what makes them elite. In the Clone Wars, vs the numbers of "Clankers" these operatives would not be of much use. Only for special operations, such as rescuing the Admiral from the Citadel for example.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So like the ARC troopers but only better?
ARC troopers and commandos still function within a team, though much smaller scale than Captains/Commanders. These Operatives, from what they have showed on the Bad Batch are doing things solo (like James Bond, or Jason Bourne style). Either retrieve or terminate a target.

Reactions: Sad People

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
ARC troopers and commandos still function within a team, though much smaller scale than Captains/Commanders. These Operatives, from what they have showed on the Bad Batch are doing things solo (like James Bond, or Jason Bourne style). Either retrieve or terminate a target.
The poster that mentioned it could be Tech got me thinking that it could be a character we all know considering they’re still alive. I feel like if it was a no name character they woulda died after falling over the waterfall.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The poster that mentioned it could be Tech got me thinking that it could be a character we all know considering they’re still alive. I feel like if it was a no name character they woulda died after falling over the waterfall.
Seems like it’s someone we have seen before. Be it Cody, Bly, or someone else. Could be tech.

Reactions: Sad People

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Another good episode. I really wasn't expecting

Ventress to be the contact. I was expecting it to be Cad Bane or possibly even Boba. Disney sure loves their callbacks, but I feel like it actually made sense for this one. Ventress looks to be a gray Jedi like Ahsoka. But a little rougher around the edges. Omega seems to be force sensitive which I think we all saw coming for a while now. I don't think that's the last we'll see of Ventress. I really have no idea how this show is going to end. There doesn't seem to be an overarching plot to resolve besides running from the empire/protecting Omega from them. And you can't really resolve that as we all know the empire doesn't go down for quite a while yet. So either Omega dies or the empire believes she's dead. Anyone who's read my posts in these threads knows which I prefer lmao. I'll admit she has grown on me this season though. I just don't like having this many other Jedi roaming around when Luke was supposed to be the only one.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Another good episode. I really wasn't expecting

Ventress to be the contact. I was expecting it to be Cad Bane or possibly even Boba. Disney sure loves their callbacks, but I feel like it actually made sense for this one. Ventress looks to be a gray Jedi like Ahsoka. But a little rougher around the edges. Omega seems to be force sensitive which I think we all saw coming for a while now. I don't think that's the last we'll see of Ventress. I really have no idea how this show is going to end. There doesn't seem to be an overarching plot to resolve besides running from the empire/protecting Omega from them. And you can't really resolve that as we all know the empire doesn't go down for quite a while yet. So either Omega dies or the empire believes she's dead. Anyone who's read my posts in these threads knows which I prefer lmao. I'll admit she has grown on me this season though. I just don't like having this many other Jedi roaming around when Luke was supposed to be the only one.
rumor-tells-also-of-a-deceptively-clumsy-kid-hiding-out-in-v0-gxmff6yws1kb1.jpg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
To be fair, not all Force users are either Jedi or Sith. Although I've never really been as bothered by that as others anyway, so maybe I'm the exception.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To be fair, not all Force users are either Jedi or Sith. Although I've never really been as bothered by that as others anyway, so maybe I'm the exception.
To me, to actually be a Jedi, you need to hold the rank of Knight. In the Rebels series, I guess the Grand Inquisiter (posing as a Guard) granted Kanaan Jedi Knight status, but all of the others Ezra, Grogu, Ashoka, Sabine, none held the rank of Knight.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ahsoka, Grogu, Cal, Sabine, Ezra

Ventress, Omega

Not sure how many of these will be alive by the time Luke trains with Yoda, but still, the numbers are adding up. Disney just can't help themselves
Don't forget Kanan, Quinlin Vos, Baylan Skoll, the Inquisitors, etc etc etc

That being said - it's not really a Disney problem. The EU did this even more than Disney is.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Seeing Asajj Ventress again was really cool. I wonder if we’ll see her again if they’re going to further explore Omega’s apparent force sensitivity.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

That being said - it's not really a Disney problem. The EU did this even more than Disney is.
How many of the above list lived til Luke met with Yoda?. Kanan didn't. We saw multiple inquisitors die in Rebels.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Kanan dies/is a wolf lol so I didn't count him. The rest are mostly more dark side than light so I didn't count them either. Ahsoka and Ventress aren't true Jedi either but they're much more on the rebellion's side than against it seemingly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad