Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM3] Canucks defeat Predators | 2-1 (Miller & Boeser) | In DeSmith We Trust

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I suppose you're going to win some games, that you probably shouldn't.....and lose others you probably would normally win. Actually, I thought the Canucks played better in Game #2 than they did tonight.

Far too many penalties and a couple of careless over the glass delay of game calls....left them two men down. But while they bent, they didn't break.

But watching that Jets-Avs game tonight, if the Canucks were to take that many minors against either of those teams, they'd be buried.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Didn't watch the game because of work, got a few glimpse at...work.

Glad to see that CDS came through and proved me wrong, for now. But our big guys need to do more.

Game 4 it is.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Been on Pettersson's back thought he was good tonight. He didn't play an explosive game or anything but his decisions were good and passing was excellent.

Boeser, Desmith, Zadorov, Miller, Cole my favourites tonight in a great defensive game.

Like someone said earlier the Nucks will get criticized for a lackluster offensive game and only 12 sog but literally game 2 the entire HNIC panel and a bunch of fans were talking about what a gutsy performance Nashville had. Hilarious double standard.

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
GlXoUVU.gif

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
the canucks only had 12 shots but the disparity in 5v5 scoring chances was only 14-18. real good perimeter defending.

hopefully nashville fans got some practice in smashing that car for later. we canucks fans were born with those skills.
Kinda wanna go play that angle on the main board. Fake fans fake rioting.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
The team battling the flu is the only acceptable excuse for only getting 12 shots on net the whole game. Pathetic and inexcusable otherwise
hopefully get a rest tmr and take their medicine and come out flying sunday. we need petterson to show up on the scoreboard. the depth players+boeser/miller/casey desmith have done their part for game 3. every game needs a different hero.

Reactions: calnuck and B-rock

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
honestly the riot jokes are funny because rioting actually shows we care about the team. vancouver and montreal are the only real fanbases in hockey.

See, the other teams' fans who chirp about the riot, I would have so so SO much to say about their cities.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
honestly the riot jokes are funny because rioting actually shows we care about the team. vancouver and montreal are the only real fanbases in hockey.
uh yeah no, people who rioted because we lost are bandwagoning losers who didn't get the dopamine hit they were promised so they took it out on their surroundings.

Sure maybe it demonstrates that we have a critical mass of fans such that the corresponding amount of losers reaches a point where they can cause damage when their expectations go unfulfilled. But I'd never construe the act of vandalizing our own city because of a game's outcome as "caring".

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I suppose you're going to win some games, that you probably shouldn't.....and lose others you probably would normally win. Actually, I thought the Canucks played better in Game #2 than they did tonight.

Far too many penalties and a couple of careless over the glass delay of game calls....left them two men down. But while they bent, they didn't break.

But watching that Jets-Avs game tonight, if the Canucks were to take that many minors against either of those teams, they'd be buried.
Despite the shot disparity, I really don't think the game was tilted much, if at all. Nashville really didn't generate many/any dangerous chances until the last 5 minutes when it was butt-clenching time. Once again, the Canucks basically completely snuffed the Preds' rush game (which is what they primarily want to do on offense) except for the 4-on-4 shifts, and were pretty solid in their own zone until near the end. The attached xG chart shows this.

They kept the game to a grindy, slow pace. I said this before the series, if they can keep that up (and the PP scores!) they'll be successful. Nashville wants a fast, offense-first game. Don't let them dictate that. CDS looking a lot more confident in net helps too. Good thing Tocc finally went to their optimal PP alignment that half of us have been asking for, and lo and behold, it's good.

1714207189533.png

Last edited:

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Far too many penalties and a couple of careless over the glass delay of game calls....left them two men down.

Really emphasizes the human element of the game. Like, how often do you see two puck-over-glass penalties by one team in a single game?

I fully support the stats part of sports but there's something to be said about stuff like this.

e/ or just a statistical anomaly :naughty:

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Love the win, but never knew Canucks had to play like it's 2020 Playoffs against Vegas where they were clawing back in the series to push a game 7. Take a lead and turtle up. Would expect this from a wild card team trying to pull off the biggest upset against a top team.

Not very entertaining hockey, but I guess I'll take the win in any form and fashion for now.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
uh yeah no, people who rioted because we lost are bandwagoning losers who didn't get the dopamine hit they were promised so they took it out on their surroundings.

Sure maybe it demonstrates that we have a critical mass of fans such that the corresponding amount of losers reaches a point where they can cause damage when their expectations go unfulfilled. But I'd never construe the act of vandalizing our own city because of a game's outcome as "caring".
Lol do you feel better now that you got that out of your system? It was a joke....

Quinntessential

Mar 25, 2013

I don’t know about this. That sounds kind of like “beating my wife shows I actually care about her and I’m a real man”

Reactions: B-rock

ChuckFanForever

Jun 5, 2011
For a series where both teams have only scored a total of 6 goals each (not counting EN goals), a 2-1 series lead is the best result we can expect already. Let’s score first again in Game #4! Go Canucks Go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
I thought we were the better team in the first and second and played great defensively throughout. Despite outshooting us 3-1 I don’t think Nash had very good chances. Their best chances were off Canucks players. I wouldn’t say we deserved the win but Nash certainly didn’t either. Their chances were ass and they looked terrible offensively. In the first and second we were able to get better looks. Also the shot count had a strong home arena advantage (many of our shots were not counted).

I do think we need to push the pace better in the third. We totally gave up offensively on a 2-0 lead. Risky. Hope it was because of the flu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad