Babcock thread: Decision Expected 5/20/15 (SEE MOD WARNING IN OP AND POST 568)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I always had a love/hate relationship with him as the coach. I moved on when he was playing Cleary on Datsyuk's line when it was clear that Cleary wasn't an NHLer anymore. That was a year ago. The amount he played the Glendening line was nauseating too. It's time for change. The best of luck, Babs. I'm ready to give Blashill a chance.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Bring on "The Blash"

Flash_series_logo.png

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Blashill or McLellan, I am excited for this actually.

Thanks for the decade, I think it is time for a change. I wouldn't pay him what he wants or give him the power he is rumored to want.

Best of luck with anybody but Toronto Babs.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Horrible idea. What did he accomplish with SJ?

He dumped Babs twice, so not sure what you're getting at, out coached him both times...

What has Babs accomplished without him as his right-hand man in the NHL. Listing Team Canada accomplishments isn't something I am interested in paying him for.

I think Babs is a good coach, so is McLellan. I want the new voice and I don't think we should give Babs what he wants, frankly he hasn't earned what he is rumored to want with his recent performance. Might sound harsh, I actually think he has been better the last couple years, so happy for him it went out on a better note. But I am not all that interested in continuing the relationship.

They will make him an offer but I am ready for the Blashill era. Those are the two I would interview though in terms of Jeff Blashill or Todd McLellan anybody else and I am unhappy.

I am guessing MacLean and Granato will also get interviews. No interest in Granato as the head man.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
He dumped Babs with an aging Wings team. The second he faced an actual contending team, his team ended up getting annihilated.

Todd McLellan is a loser. I want nothing to do with him.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
He's going to do it eventually.

I see him taking a year off though unless he just takes the money and runs(Toronto).

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Why is granatos name being mentioned. Wasn't he god awful in Colorado?

I wanna see blash take over. He knows the youngins well. Let's see what he can get out of them in NHL.

dutch00

Jan 25, 2012
He's going to do it eventually.

I see him taking a year off though unless he just takes the money and runs(Toronto).

That has about as much of a chance of happening as Mindfly predicting the wings to win the cup next year :laugh:. The guy has his big chance to cash in and he's going to do it no matter what.

I say give Jeff a chance with the guys hes groomed to play here.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I'd give it to Blash. McLellan would be decent but Blash is gonna get scooped by someone else and we could be missing out on a great coach. No harm at least seeing how he transitions to the NHL, it's not as if we're going to be a contender next season regardless.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If your coach publicly says at the start the of season he thinks his team isn't good enough to make the playoffs, you have to dump him.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
That has about as much of a chance of happening as Mindfly predicting the wings to win the cup next year :laugh:. The guy has his big chance to cash in and he's going to do it no matter what.

I say give Jeff a chance with the guys hes groomed to play here.

I won't hate him if he did.

I think the job has to be semi-respectable though.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Any measure of success this team has had these last 36months has more to do with babcock then holland, he made wine(boxed wine maybe) out of raisins

Be careful what you wish for lads...

Holland needs to move up.before babcock moves out

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Any measure of success this team has had these last 36months has more to do with babcock then holland, he made wine(boxed wine maybe) out of raisins

Be careful what you wish for lads...

Holland needs to move up.before babcock moves out

I'd rather take the chance on a new coach than have another season end with a first round exit.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I'd rather take the chance on a new coach than have another season end with a first round exit.

That is going to happen with or without Babcock, if you give them the Wings current defense. When your GM's only goal is to build a team good enough to make the playoffs, you are going to lose with regularity in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad