Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
If your talent is intimidated. you're screwed. Right now that's the case with the Leafs. You can have the best shot, be the fastest player but when you're intimidated you retaliate instead of initiate. You're afraid to get hit. You don't wanna touch the puck first. It all begins to add up and it becomes overwhelming. Our talented young guys are overwhelmed and the veteran presence isn't exactly helping.

FabledKnight

Feb 20, 2008
At this point its Coaching. Reilly Gardiner has regressed from last year against Caps. Hainsey had more responsibility on a cup run last year but looks completely lost this year.

What is going on with these guys? Polak I get. Zaitzev looked better the minute he got paired with Dermott. Is that a coincidence?
Is Dermott really our best guy back there?

I still think we can make this a series. But I have zero understanding on what is going on with this d core. Just give away after give away.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Another game Babcock gets outcoached.

Almost like winning a cup with 4 HOFers and winning a gold with Canada's team doesn't mean much.

Almost like when he has to make crucial decisions (Komarov>Andre, Komarov on the 1st PP, Komarov on the 1st line), he makes the worst decision possible.

Not Babcock's fault their best players are outclassing our best players.

Pasta has what? 9 points? How many do Matthews, Marner, and Nylander have combined? That's the difference in the series so far.

Up to the players to prove they are legitimate top end players on home ice over the next two games.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Any progress gained tonight with refreshing line combos will be reset when the same old lines start Game 3.

Reactions: Pi

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Unless we see a reverse of fortune in Toronto, this offseason should consist of a re-evaluation of this group, from GM through coaching and down to the players. They folded like a house of cards in the first game, and again tonight. Once, it happens. Twice in a row? That's unacceptable.

aside from the glaringly obvious, Nylander has been awful. Wake the **** up bud
He gave up when the game died. He started pretty well, but he definitely checked out.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I am a positive kind of guy. I been reading a lot of books by Deepak Chopra

So let me be a bit more positive

Good news:
We are going back home. We have one of the best home record. We will the crowd behind us, and last change
Plenty of teams have come back 0-2 down
Hyman was finally off Matthews line. But I am beginning to think who carried to who
You lose 2-0 or 7-3. In playoff, it's still a loss. Let them soak in glory and get over confident
We scored 3 goals and could have scored 2 more. We did that without a single goal on PP

I have accepted connor brown for who he is. He's a wonderful human being. I had to find one positive

Reactions: Narow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad