Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
Horrible display of hockey. Our d is being exposed undressed and laughed at.

AGAIN NO FIGHT OR EMOTION at the end. Heck Boston seemed to have more anger while up 7-3...bunch of p***yes we have

Reactions: PromisedLand

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
The one player we should all be proud of is hyman. Highlight real goal, and amazing assist today, hustle, work ethic, hits and defense. This guy is a keeper. Playoffs is when we find out guys true colours and this guy is huge steal for toronto.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Then how do you explain Washington last year?

Save for the 1st period of game 4, they never look out of place or overwhelmed

Washington is built more like us. Hockey is a matchup game. Could be just Boston is a bad match for us.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Lou must be thinking why didn't I give these guys an upgrade on defense?

Defense has nothing to do with it. IMO babcock's system has been figured out by Cassidy; and he has been out coached for 60 straight mins. if bruins didn't sit on their lead for a bit in the 2nd and early part of the third period - this game would have been the ugliest game in recent memomry

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Do the Babcock bashers realize he changed up the lines for 40 mins of hockey?

You know why the boston top line is dominating and have for some time now? 3 skilled guys that have been playing together all season...good chemistry!

I was huge nabcock fan at first, ive been highly dissapointed for awhile now.

And Lou....im a big believer but zaitsev proving contract might have been a bad evaluation.
This series showing that well only be a serious contender when hyman brown are 100% on third line and i love both players but in their proper roles

And how we didnt trade ufas for picks still blows my mind

Reactions: TMLS and RAM

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
If bruins are so good then why even play; just bend over and hand them the series; its not like the leafs held on to "self rentals" and then offered 2nd round pick and signed two 30 yrs+ old guys in Marleau and Hainsey.....

Babcock for the win. Babcock is the SUPERSTAR! All other coaches and teams are beneath him. It is never Babcock's fault it is always someone else.... woooooooooooooooo

Babcock the Great!

:yo:
He gets more in one pay check than you do all year. Must be doing something right.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Kessel has 2 Stanley Cups including a Conn Smythe caliber run and is just coming off a 92 point season. Almost like Kessel was a by-product of a terribly flawed team....

While Kessel went on to big things partners in crime JVR and Boak are being clowned by Boston once again....

JVR and Bozak never had an issue with Boston in 2013.
JVR if i recall had a PPG in that series (or close to it) and Bozak was doing well until he tore his tricep.

Reactions: The Apologist

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I don't honestly think anyone was good tonight. Matthews created a lot, but he was as lethargic defensively as anyone else. Marner was pretty decent, but good? I dunno.

I think it was interesting to see who responded with pride, and who checked out. Matthews had pride. So did Gardiner and Johnsson. A whole lot of other players checked out.

How about Marleau? This is year ONE of his outrageous contract.
I actually just thought that Marleau has to be on that list as well.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
I feel like we wasted potential assets by not trading JVR, Bozak, and Komarov. I think we would have made the playoffs anyways because of our stellar depth. Not only that, it wouldn't have mattered as much if we sh*t the bed in the playoffs because we had assets to show for it. Now it just feels bad and that Plekanec deal feels horrible. It never really sat well with me.

But hopefully we turn it on at home and make it a series.

Reactions: weems

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That's our style. Led us to 105 points and best ever Leafs regular season finish.

Star players forgot to show up in the playoffs. Someone should ask them what's going on, not Babcock.

Maybe also ask the league why non white players get longer suspensions for less violent infractions than white players for more violent attacks.

They easily defend and obviously were ready for it.

Hainsey threw that puck up the middle when he had a perfect passing lane up the boards.

LeafsBoyo

Oct 18, 2010
Toronto, Canada
It took Babcock how many games to get Komorov off of Marleau and Kadri's line? You're only going to be dissapointed if you're expecting logical roster decisions at this point in the season. Terrible D zone breakouts, stretch passes, dump and chase, no puck support. None of these problems are new and they aren't gonna go away now.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If bruins are so good then why even play; just bend over and hand them the series; its not like the leafs held on to "self rentals" and then offered 2nd round pick and signed two 30 yrs+ old guys in Marleau and Hainsey.....

Babcock for the win. Babcock is the SUPERSTAR! All other coaches and teams are beneath him. It is never Babcock's fault it is always someone else.... woooooooooooooooo

Babcock the Great!

:yo:

Obviously you're so awesome you could coach this team of young players to the promiseland...:sarcasm:

Freakin' hilarious that 3 years into his tenure with a young team on the rise that somehow folks think he's at the end of his shelf life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad