Post-Game Talk: b2b wins, Jets 3 Hawks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
This is a great community. There are many knowledgeable posters with different views. Despite the inherent challenges of communicating through text, the discourse here is excellent!

My challenge is that I find I only respond to posts I disagree with, which can come across as overly negative.
This is indeed a great community, especially if you look around at what some team's boards look like.

Not to mention any names (cough) Van (cough), but some boards seem full of people who cannot rise to the challenge of communicating through text. Probably because their knuckles are so sore from dragging on the ground.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Anyone else think of Brendan Gallagher when watching Eyssimont?

If he could start converting more of his chances, he would be great. As is, he is still a good sh** disturber 4th liner. There would be some tough decisions to make if we managed to get everyone healthy at the same time.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
This place needs diversity - I can't do it all myself 🤣

Someone needs to share a seat at the head of the man crush table.

This is indeed a great community, especially if you look around at what some team's boards look like.

Not to mention any names (cough) Van (cough), but some boards seem full of people who cannot rise to the challenge of communicating through text. Probably because their knuckles are so sore from dragging on the ground.

I'd like to think that there are a fair amount of level headed people in here, with some more on the optimistic and some more on the pessimistic side. The point of this place is to be sad in a group.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've never, ever understood this logic:

"Boys, you're playing really well, you've come together as a team, bonded and developed chemistry, bought into the group effort and shown how much you support and play for each other. So, as a reward, I'm going to cut one or two of you from the pack and replace you with total strangers."

What kind of player responds to that kind of motivation? If our GM loves what we're doing, he'll demote some of us?

:thumbu: x10

Reactions: surixon

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, that used up old has been only leads the team in 5v5 scoring. I thought he was only good at getting gravy pp and en points 🤣

I was concerned that his contract was 1 year too long. It still could be but the way he is playing this year it looks more likely that he will still have some gas in the tank for the last year of it.
I like his leadership without the letter better than his leadership with it too. Leads by example and supports the young'uns.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
This is a great community. There are many knowledgeable posters with different views. Despite the inherent challenges of communicating through text, the discourse here is excellent!

My challenge is that I find I only respond to posts I disagree with, which can come across as overly negative.
true

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Hah well I did just land in Vancouver and of course it’s raining, so maybe that has something to do with their demeanour.

In seriousness, things usually break down when the team is losing. In fact, it makes me appreciate how difficult it must be among the players and the organization when a team doesn’t meet expectations, if this is how the fans react…

Been around

Jul 16, 2022
Anyone else think of Brendan Gallagher when watching Eyssimont?

If he could start converting more of his chances, he would be great. As is, he is still a good sh** disturber 4th liner. There would be some tough decisions to make if we managed to get everyone healthy at the same time.
I say keep him up sit johnny appleseed

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

In a similar vein, I sometimes find myself playing devil's advocate, not to be negative but to point out another side to the question.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
If it helps, I too delete some of my comments, namely jokes, for similar reasons, as I often wonder if it crosses a line. At times I have in the real world, and always felt bad as I'm quite a jokester and only like making people laugh.

I think the only requirement around here is a passion for all things Jets, and I try to help make people feel welcome. Hopefully I'm not driving people away.

So, to everyone new to these parts: welcome. If I haven't responded to your posts yet, rest assured I'm trying to annoy all of you as fast as I can. :sarcasm:

(You get bonus points from me for also using the Prime Directive in your post :laugh: _\\//)
Wouldn't you know it, I have t-shirts for that...

20210511_224312.jpg

20210510_221506.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I say keep him up sit johnny appleseed

Not sure that would be the choice. Gagner might find himself sitting, or maybe AJF. The decisions could be tough. More likely we always have at least 1 injured.

My favourite is when you play devil’s advocate against yourself…. :)

Sometimes there are just too many sides to defend.

Reactions: Been around
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad