Awesome Auston Discussion thread

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I just can’t remember there being a situation like this is all.

Everyone knew that Lemieux had a back problem.
Everyone knew that Wendell had a back problem..
And that Crosby had concussions....and that McDavid had a shoulder injury...Laine had a concussion etc etc etc.
So why all this "upper body" stuff......which leads to speculation city..

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Everyone knew that Lemieux had a back problem.
Everyone knew that Wendell had a back problem..
And that Crosby had concussions....and that McDavid had a shoulder injury...Laine had a concussion etc etc etc.
So why all this "upper body" stuff......which leads to speculation city..

It being harder for opponents to target is reason enough for me to keep it vague.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Leafs most likely dont want to let the local click bait media know, they would likely stir up all kinds of needless drama in the fan base and stress everyone out. lol

>> LOU is in charge also

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Everything will stay quiet and Matthews will start playing, injury will be forgotten and no harm was done ;)

I'm going to go with, no, that isn't going happen.

When AM comes back, he'll be slower (taking a while to adjust). That combined with his slow return after the last (same?) injury, will mean likely he will have lower year numbers than "some" folks expected.

This will then generate reasons as to WHY numbers are down...and of course, the number one reason will be this "injury".

I can see injury speculation following him around UNTIL he comes back, and get back to last years form. IF that doesn't happen this year, expect a LONG off season!

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Probably a little more difficult to legally target a players head, but if the Leafs released that it's Matthews left wrist ailing him, I wouldn't put it past SOME players to target that wrist with slashes and hacks more so than before. Somebody like Marchand if we match with the Bruins 1st round. Players can be real dirty, and like you said do dumb **** just to win.

Either way there really isn't any benefit to the Leafs in making that information public.

100% Agreed... guys this year like Tkachuk? who keep head butting goalies would DEFINITELY.

Heat of the battle, its the playoffs, you see the wrist is out, normally you'd go for the stick lift, but its Matthews and hes weak there, so you tap it a few times, and you regain possession.

pylon17

Jan 19, 2017
Yeah I don’t really care if he has bad hemmoroids or a dislocated shoulder, hopefully he’s back soon.

I just can’t remember there being a situation like this is all.

Because we haven't had competent management in so long lol

truth

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Noooo. Damnit. I just hope he’s feeling better now. Concussions are the worst.

Also hope the people who will inevitably blame Rielly shut up about it. It’s a team game, shit happens on the ice. It’s no different than Weber’s shot hurting his own teammates at times.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I am just mad that they had him travellingwednesday Thursday. Makes no sense. If he was in concussion protocol he couldn’t play. There was no need for that and flying could make it worse.

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
Going to get slammed for saying this but what's going to happen when he really gets rocked? Reilly hasn't hit anyone hard in 4 years. I love the kid and hope to god he has a long and healthy career butI hope he doesn't end up being another Lupul. Hope I'm wrong. Maybe they are being extra careful with him and rightfully so and I'm not a doctor but if that hit kept him out for 2 weeks and possibly more yikes.

Reactions: saffronleaf

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Going to get slammed for saying this but what's going to happen when he really gets rocked? Reilly hasn't hit anyone hard in 4 years. I love the kid and hope to god he has a long and healthy career butI hope he doesn't end up being another Lupul. Hope I'm wrong. Maybe they are being extra careful with him and rightfully so and I'm not a doctor but if that hit kept him out for 2 weeks and possibly more yikes.

Didn’t watch the playoffs?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So it sounds like he was banged up with a few issues and they just mothballed him for a while?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Sometimes it's not how hard you get hit but where. He can get rocked hard next time and not have a concussion.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
concussion symptoms....

fantastic.

yeah seeing how Marner, Nylander, Laine, Crosby all had concussions yet still all have returned to form its really not that worrying. Could he be susceptible to more concussions easier? sure he could but that is the point in keeping him out so long. Im not 100% sure he will even play Saturday, maybe keep him out to retuen in Arizona 5 days later

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad