NHL Awards Day

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
DVR'd and skipped all but the awards. Country music and me mix together like peanut butter and gasoline (though the gal in the daring green dress got me to momentarily stop fast-forwarding; had never seen a dress cut like that).

Whose idea was it to have a five year old interview the three best players in the league?

Did even one of Paul Bissonette's jokes land? So glad Linus didn't desecrate his special gesture with Swayman and goalie-hug Bissonette.

We were all mad at Monty after the first round debacle; but his speech reminded us of the depths from which he has rebuilt his life. Some things are more important than hockey, and he deserved the Jack Adams.

Whose idea was it to follow that with Jethro guzzling beer from the Stanley Cup?

I love McDavid - but he looked like he would've rather been at the rink practicing some aspect of his game he thinks could be better.

After his playoff run, M. Tkachuk is one of my favorite players. High skill, great stats, and every intangible imaginable.

For anyone who missed it. First ballot HOF:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DVR'd and skipped all but the awards. Country music and me mix together like peanut butter and gasoline (though the gal in the daring green dress got me to momentarily stop fast-forwarding; had never seen a dress cut like that).

Whose idea was it to have a five year old interview the three best players in the league?

Did even one of Paul Bissonette's jokes land? So glad Linus didn't desecrate his special gesture with Swayman and goalie-hug Bissonette.

We were all mad at Monty after the first round debacle; but his speech reminded us of the depths from which he has rebuilt his life. Some things are more important than hockey, and he deserved the Jack Adams.

Whose idea was it to follow that with Jethro guzzling beer from the Stanley Cup?

I love McDavid - but he looked like he would've rather been at the rink practicing some aspect of his game he thinks could be better.

After his playoff run, M. Tkachuk is one of my favorite players. High skill, great stats, and every intangible imaginable.

For anyone who missed it. First ballot HOF:

Boom - this should be an article

As Gordon Lightfoot sang ‘if you could read my mind’

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
How does a coach that blew an opportunity to win the Cup and got knocked out in round 1 after being up 3-1 and admitting he blew the coaching job get this award?

I forgot it is for the REGULAR Season not including the playoffs.

My Bad, sorry for the post.

Back to being pissed off.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
How does a coach that blew an opportunity to win the Cup and got knocked out in round 1 after being up 3-1 and admitting he blew the coaching job get this award?

He deserved it for the regular season easily

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Deserved awards for the regular season they had. Happy but also stings with their playoff failure. It’s like BDSM, feels good but pain involved too 😂

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I will give him a pass this season. I hope his shoulder doesn't effect his play going forward, he's to good of a player
His durability is becoming a concern. Something happened to him during the series.
Guy has literally had heart, head and shoulder issues. You hope its bad luck and he will get a stretch of play relatively injury free.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hoping that Charlie’s one 5th place vote in the Norris will motivate him to play to the level of his contract
I'm sure seeing his friend Adam Fox up there along with him being able to train fully this summer is going to give him some pep in his step.

Honestly, we are lucky we got what we did from him last season because the surgery he had was not your typical clean up. Speaks volumes of the work he put in to stay as in shape as possible.

Looking forward to seeing him wear the A regularly next season.

Reactions: lopey and LouJersey

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Hoping that Charlie’s one 5th place vote in the Norris will motivate him to play to the level of his contract
You don’t think McAvoy had a good season? Lindholm finished 4th in Norris votes and Mac had just 1 less point (and +29) despite playing 60something games. If he had played 82 he would have had around 66 points and a +35.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You don’t think McAvoy had a good season? Lindholm finished 4th in Norris votes and Mac had just 1 less point (and +29) despite playing 60something games. If he had played 82 he would have had around 66 points and a +35.
We got damn lucky to get the production we did from Mac and Marchand. Neither surgery was simple. Can't wait to see them both healthy.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I believe eleven million dollar players need to have best seasons, not good seasons.

Reactions: JOKER 192

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
$7,750,000 salary and a $3,250,000 signing bonus for the 2023 season.

He'll be paid another $11m for the next two seasons.
I mean everyone uses the cap hit not the real cash when talking about a player's cost.

He was 4th and 5th in the Norris the previous two seasons. He's more than worth his dough.

Reactions: Spjutmuren

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
I mean everyone uses the cap hit not the real cash when talking about a player's cost.

He was 4th and 5th in the Norris the previous two seasons. He's more than worth his dough.
I didn't say he wasn't worth it, just what I'd want/expect out of that contractual commitment, ideally.

And I'm not sure it's a slam dunk, declaring a win on value after one season out of eight, one surgery and one playoff injury. You'll likely wind up right, but you're just guessing right now.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Norris can be such a joke. This year's winner finished the season -26 with 100+ turnovers, and that's while starting 70% in the offensive zone and scoring 101 pts. Definition of the Norris might as well just be changed at this point.

It was a historic offensive season for Karlsson.

That said, if I had a vote, he may have gotten a 5th place vote from me.

Even still, Dahlin and Heiskanen were far better. I'd take Dunn over Dougie, despite scoring less.

I know, anything past the top 5 is crap anyway, but I'm offended.

For me, they were better than Karlsson.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Top coach is voted on after first 2 rounds , unless they changed it.

The person who put Pastrnak first and McDavid fifth needs to be sterilized.

Twice.

Probably Jack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad