NHL Awards Day

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Tonight's the night. I won't be watching since I don't get TNT anymore, but I'm not exactly sad about that lol.

I'm curious, and this may be a dumb question, but.... do they tell the winners ahead of time? Surely so.... imagine having to prepare a speech and then not winning lol. And assuming Bergy wins, what's the plan for him to accept? Prerecorded video? Montgomery accepts for him?

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Tonight's the night. I won't be watching since I don't get TNT anymore, but I'm not exactly sad about that lol.

I'm curious, and this may be a dumb question, but.... do they tell the winners ahead of time? Surely so.... imagine having to prepare a speech and then not winning lol. And assuming Bergy wins, what's the plan for him to accept? Prerecorded video? Montgomery accepts for him?

Why wouldn't he be there?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
His wife hasn't had her baby yet, he's staying home with her. At least that's what I saw on twitter

Kevin Paul Dupont

@GlobeKPD
·
Follow
Bruins captain Patrice Bergeron is not in Nashville and will not attend Monday's award ceremonies. David Pastrnak is not in NSH, but is due here for Monday red carpet and awards show.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I would think they would tell him if he has won so he could make a video.

I just hope those who cover the NHL don't spoil anything. A few years ago someone tweeted out the list hours before the ceremony.

I want our guys to win but I am more interested in how the voting went down.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

I doubt they tell players ahead of time. Most of them have a rough idea of what they're going to say if they win anyways and to be honest most speeches follow the same template

- Its an honor to win this award
- Thank the owners & management
- Thank the teammates

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Probably Sweeney? But I hope he does win and Pasta does it, considering he’s there for the spectacle with McDavid being a lock for his nominations.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I can't wait to see what awful B-List entertainers the NHL cooks up for this year's show.

It never disappoints. Alan Thicke hosting with his son Robin as the musical guest never gets old....

$5 says they trot out the Hanson Brothers for some god-awful skit/award presentation as well.

Stay classy, NHL.

...on a positive note, hopefully I'll get to cash in my $10 ticket on Ullmark winning the Vezina at +1500

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
My enjoyment level watching the awards show tonight if the B's had won the cup vs. my enjoyment level watching the awards show tonight

=

I am not watching the awards show tonight

Reactions: eightspokedb

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Definetly not watching, hope that Bergeron wins the Selke though. Montgomery and Ullmark are locks for their respective trophies despite a horrific playoff, so good for them, but I'm not giving them any love.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I can't wait to see what awful B-List entertainers the NHL cooks up for this year's show.

It never disappoints. Alan Thicke hosting with his son Robin as the musical guest never gets old....

$5 says they trot out the Hanson Brothers for some god-awful skit/award presentation as well.

Stay classy, NHL.

...on a positive note, hopefully I'll get to cash in my $10 ticket on Ullmark winning the Vezina at +1500
Ha I remember reading your post about making that bet way back lol, like November? Early december?

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
If "I have nothing to learn" Montgomery wins and dares to mention those were the best days of our lives and/or references Summer of 69 he should be fired immediately following the ceremony.

Should accept on behalf of Bergeron.

At least have the decency to thank our sponsor: Rapid 7 Game Exit.

Reactions: BMC and frankiess

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I don't get many channels here in the hospital.

I won't be watching

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad