Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs Jets Dec 5 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ironic the Jets are moving Buff back to D the same time the Avs are moving Holden to F.

I'm just hoping for a minimum of Wheeler-led damage. Dude just plain lights up the Avs almost every time.

Strange that, because I'm hoping for maximum Wheeler-led damage. Sorry! ;) ;)

What's the thought on moving Holden up front?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
for those slagging on Scheif lately... the linemates he's had recently haven't exactly been offensive dynamos.

I love Scheifele and at some point think that he'll hit a hot streak where he piles up some points. But it's clear he has lost a bit of confidence with the puck. Which at this level is everything. At the beginning of the season despite a lack of scoring he was dominating. Carrying the puck around and sometimes through crowds of people and creating numerous deadly chances. Over the last 10+ games it appears that confidence is down slightly... in some games the puck has slipped off his stick multiple times and he rarely "wows us".

In junior every highlight of him scoring was off the left post back door.
I think he has 2 or 3 of those type of goals with the Jets. Perhaps for his PP2 set up they should consider that?

Here's hoping we're still in contention when he finds his stride / shot.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What's the thought on moving Holden up front?

According to the Avs, it's because Holden has been so amazingly awful on defense and the team is really banged up at forward. They called up Karl Stollery to take his place on D, which gives them a little less size but thankfully a lot more speed.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_27059977/nick-holden-moves-forward-avalanche-move-nick-holden

And no, that article was not written by Dater.

The Avs have to do something with Holden to get some real value out of him. They're stuck with him--they unwisely signed him to a 3-year extension ($1.5 million AAV, not backbreaking but he's not playing anything close to justifying it) that doesn't even kick in until next year. Understandable given how much he scored in such a short amount of time last year, but they could've waited a while longer.

I don't mind the move. I said in the Avs forum that Roy should use him as a poor-man's Byfuglien, so who knows, we'll see if the experiment works tonight vs. Calgary.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting Av_merican: thanks for the backstory. :thumbu: I might have to watch that game tonight.

No problem.

Here's a Holden highlight from a recent game.

ImportantPaltryAnaconda.gif

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I hope we don't lose Bogosian

@BrianMunzTSN: Dustin Byfuglien is in a red jersey with D-men for @NHLJets practise. Zach Bogosian is not on taking part. @TSN1290Radio @TSN_Sports

@BrianMunzTSN: Practise underway for @NHLJets:

Ladd-Galiardi-Wheeler
Kane-Perreault-Frolik
Lowry-Scheifele-Halischuk
Peluso-Slater-Thorburn

No Little

@WFPEdTait: #NHLJets practising minus Bogosian, Little, Enstrom and Clitsome. Dustin Byfuglien back on D with Ben Chiarot #bn

That's a pretty sad looking lineup if it happens.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wow there big guy, Schief turning the puck over, losing puck battles, being weak in the FO circle and falling when the opposition he skates by him has nothing to do with line-mates. True though that Lowry is a big version of Wright and Fro ain't gifted offensively but Schief ain't the player he was last year.

Listened to the RR show replay and couldn't agree more with him on his comments about Kane! What part of anything he said wasn't true and this being from a guy more connected than anyone here.:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

I would guarantee that Rick Ralph isn't more connected than anyone else here.

Just because you talk about hockey on the radio does not make you more connected, or more knowledgeable for that matter.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@jeffkhamilton: Paul Maurice said Michael Hutchinson will start tomorrow against the #Avs. #nhljets #cbcmb

@friesensunmedia: Oh, and Bryan Little is OK, expected to play tomorrow. #NHLJets.

A little ray of sunshine but I wonder if he is playing hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad