Pre-Game Talk: Avs vs Jets Dec 5 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I hope we don't lose Bogosian

@BrianMunzTSN: Dustin Byfuglien is in a red jersey with D-men for @NHLJets practise. Zach Bogosian is not on taking part. @TSN1290Radio @TSN_Sports

@BrianMunzTSN: Practise underway for @NHLJets:

Ladd-Galiardi-Wheeler
Kane-Perreault-Frolik
Lowry-Scheifele-Halischuk
Peluso-Slater-Thorburn

No Little

@WFPEdTait: #NHLJets practising minus Bogosian, Little, Enstrom and Clitsome. Dustin Byfuglien back on D with Ben Chiarot #bn

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hopefully just maintenance? He took a pretty good hit in the game against the Oilers, and went off the ice pretty slowly afterwards - hope it's nothing big. :(

Dropping like flies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I hope those aren't the actual lines. Ick.

The lines vs. the oilers:

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Perreault - Buff
Lowry - Scheif - Frolik

Honestly I thought this was the best setup we've seen so far. I noticed quite a few things about these lines last night and wrote an article about it, should be coming out soon.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
On the positive side. The Avs play in Calgary tonight so we do get them on the 2nd night of a B2B.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Hopefully just maintenance? He took a pretty good hit in the game against the Oilers, and went off the ice pretty slowly afterwards - hope it's nothing big. :(

Dropping like flies.

He blocked a shot off his foot as well.

Derfel*

I like it when we play the Avs.

SpitefulSoggyFish.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Bogo out for a while (I think it was the shot he took on his foot).

They'll need Buff on D.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@jeffkhamilton: Paul Maurice said Michael Hutchinson will start tomorrow against the #Avs. #nhljets #cbcmb

@friesensunmedia: Oh, and Bryan Little is OK, expected to play tomorrow. #NHLJets.

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
for those slagging on Scheif lately... the linemates he's had recently haven't exactly been offensive dynamos.

Wow there big guy, Schief turning the puck over, losing puck battles, being weak in the FO circle and falling when the opposition he skates by him has nothing to do with line-mates. True though that Lowry is a big version of Wright and Fro ain't gifted offensively but Schief ain't the player he was last year.

Listened to the RR show replay and couldn't agree more with him on his comments about Kane! What part of anything he said wasn't true and this being from a guy more connected than anyone here.:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Our sudden D corps deficit is going to make this December a lot tougher

Sucks though but injuries are a natural part of the season... just wish they weren't so lengthy.

Both bogo and enstrom out the month is gonna be tough, on the plus side this gives everyone else a chance to step up

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-scrum-2-December-2014-300x169.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: Injury updates. Big pile of bad news all at once. Injury or illness? Byfuglien moves back to D. What does he want to see Byfuglien do in the game tomorrow to be viewed as a success? Does Jacob Trouba play like someone in his sophomore season? He seems upbeat despite all the bad news. Does the way Chiarot played last night make treading water this month easier? Spent a lot of time convincing Byfuglien to be a forward, does this undo that? Is there anything that they asked him not to do from what they saw from his game on D previously? Thoughts on Pardy/Postma’s game? Does he feel comfortable leaning on them more? Is this a critical test for his system? Is Little good to go tomorrow? Who will be starting in net tomorrow?

To listen click here.

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow there big guy, Schief turning the puck over, losing puck battles, being weak in the FO circle and falling when the opposition he skates by him has nothing to do with line-mates. True though that Lowry is a big version of Wright and Fro ain't gifted offensively but Schief ain't the player he was last year.

It's not like Scheifele has been terrible. Scheif is still tied for 5th on the team in scoring and currently has more points than Perreault. His FO% is steadily improving and he was completely snake bitten early on in the season. Now it's just a matter of clicking with his line mates and improving his somewhat unlucky shooting %. Not to mention he is coming off a leg injury and hasn't been skating as well since.

Derfel*

It's not like Scheifele has been terrible. Scheif is still tied for 5th on the team in scoring and currently has more points than Perreault. His FO% is steadily improving and he was completely snake bitten early on in the season. Now it's just a matter of clicking with his line mates and improving his somewhat unlucky shooting %. Not to mention he is coming off a leg injury and hasn't been skating as well since.

That's nothing to be proud of! :rant:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ironic the Jets are moving Buff back to D the same time the Avs are moving Holden to F.

I'm just hoping for a minimum of Wheeler-led damage. Dude just plain lights up the Avs almost every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad