Confirmed with Link: Avs sign Sampo Ranta

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I will always remember how Bednar threw Ranta into that Vegas series in what could have been the first of two Cup years. I get why he did it, but it's wild to think that this guy played playoff hockey for us and since then barely got a sniff at the NHL level and is now in Europe.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I will always remember how Bednar threw Ranta into that Vegas series in what could have been the first of two Cup years. I get why he did it, but it's wild to think that this guy played playoff hockey for us and since then barely got a sniff at the NHL level and is now in Europe.

Never let it be said that Bednar doesn't give young players a shot. It's too bad he (nor Newhook) didn't take that opportunity and run with it.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Makes you wonder about our young players and Bednar.

Also why do all our dmen regress. Pratt has to go.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It would have been better if they had skated with it but I get where you are going with this.
tv-shows-friends.gif

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Lmao what.
Girard , Makar , Toews and Byram all regressed somewhat from the time they 1st came to the Avs.

Pratt is taking away there dynamic attributes it seems.

Pratt was a plug. Perhaps the Avs shoupd get a different style of d coach.

Ok wrong thread hahahha

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I said it for years prior to Ranta even getting signed... he's a hockey dumb dumb. His physical skills were always great and I'd have to look back, but he was one of my top non-USDTP USHL players that year. The knock was always will the brain come around? It just never did. Every single physical tool you could want in a NHLer, but zero idea how to apply it. That's not on Bednar or any of the staff IMO. Hockey sense either comes or it doesn't... arguably either you have it early (mid teens) or you don't have it at all.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Girard , Makar , Toews and Byram all regressed somewhat from the time they 1st came to the Avs.

Ok wrong thread hahahha
What a take… lol

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Ok wrong thread hahahha

Wtf is this garbage

You think Cale Makar and Devon Toews have regressed? You dont have any idea what you're talking about hey?

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Ok wrong thread hahahha

Jesus Christ you are detached from reality.

Makar "regressed somewhat" last year from the first time he 1st came to the Avs? You mean the year he won the Norris and Conn Smythe? Get your f***in' head checked.

The ONLY defenseman you listed who's regressed the last couple seasons is Girard. Literally every other one has made substantial improvements in their game.

Reactions: LOFIN

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I am very happy this bozo will no longer be a call up option. I will never get over the fact that he played 2 playoff games for us against Vegas. It looked like a d3 player dropped onto Michigan's lineup in a Frozen Four game. Out there solely trying to survive.

Reactions: Pokecheque

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I said it for years prior to Ranta even getting signed... he's a hockey dumb dumb. His physical skills were always great and I'd have to look back, but he was one of my top non-USDTP USHL players that year. The knock was always will the brain come around? It just never did. Every single physical tool you could want in a NHLer, but zero idea how to apply it. That's not on Bednar or any of the staff IMO. Hockey sense either comes or it doesn't... arguably either you have it early (mid teens) or you don't have it at all.
I don't think that's arguable. You have it or you don't.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think that's arguable. You have it or you don't.
Well, even players who don’t “have it” and stick in the NHL usually find a way. In fact I’d argue that until the Stanley Cup year they had a lot players who were high on talent and a bit lacking in awareness.

That said, maaaaan Ranta was just lost on day one. How did he manage so well at the NCAA level!?

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Well, even players who don’t “have it” and stick in the NHL usually find a way. In fact I’d argue that until the Stanley Cup year they had a lot players who were high on talent and a bit lacking in awareness.

That said, maaaaan Ranta was just lost on day one. How did he manage so well at the NCAA level!?
He could use his size/speed to drive net and it was enough at that level. He's not big enough or fast enough for that game to be effective at the pro level.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad