Confirmed with Link: Avs Re-Sign Pickard, 2 Years $1mil AAV

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Pickard never gives up on a puck. Thats my favorite attribute with him and almost any goalie.

That second one is a great example of Holden reading the play at an AHL level. Just lets Ryan blow right past him for a shot.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Nah never had much confidence in Budaj like ever. I cant recall the last time I was confident in both our goalies winning/stealing games for us.

I always thought Budaj was a good backup. Someone who you could play 15-20 times a year and get decent enough production. He was a good backup but nothing more, all the issues came when he was forced into the starting role, which he just wasn't good enough for.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I always thought Budaj was a good backup. Someone who you could play 15-20 times a year and get decent enough production. He was a good backup but nothing more, all the issues came when he was forced into the starting role, which he just wasn't good enough for.

I always wanted to see Budaj get into a goalie fight.

Isn't he a black belt martial artist?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Budaj was too nice to get into a fight.

4af.gif

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I think he'll starting sometime in the near future. Trading Varlmov for help elsewhere is what id do, especially with a guy like Enroth (high end back up) sitting in free agency.

But that's why I'm in the peanut gallery. :popcorn:

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I think he'll starting sometime in the near future. Trading Varlmov for help elsewhere is what id do, especially with a guy like Enroth (high end back up) sitting in free agency.

But that's why I'm in the peanut gallery. :popcorn:

if Varly regains confidence and health, and then the pieces in front of him develop, that would be a huge mistake. obviously it'd be a hindsight type of 'what the **** were we thinking' types of deals

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Varly would have to be top flight again just for GMs to be interested. Right now they probably arent. Its no knock against his skill, everyone knows he's one of the most skilled goalers in the fracking world but his health at that cap hit? Plus the goalie market isnt as great as you'd think. I mean why would you pay a premium even for guys like Quick, Renne, or Bishop? You should but i totally get why a GM wouldnt.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
if Varly regains confidence and health, and then the pieces in front of him develop, that would be a huge mistake. obviously it'd be a hindsight type of 'what the **** were we thinking' types of deals

There is no doubt he has good-great seasons left in him. But his consistent nagging health issues are unlikely to go away as he gets older.

He's not old by any stretch but he's got 4 years on Pickard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad