Confirmed with Link: Avs Re-Sign Pickard, 2 Years $1mil AAV

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I think Grigo will get close to the same deal as Picks.

I expected both to come in at around $1.25M for 2 years so I'm pleasantly surprised.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

I expected both to come in at around $1.25M for 2 years so I'm pleasantly surprised.

That's what I was thinking as well. Glad to see it at 1mil. That was basically the lowest I could see him get. Every freakin penny matters right now as well. We didn't even have enough cap space to give MacK 7, Barrie 6 and Pickard and Grigo each 1.25.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

For all of Grigorenko's potential and skill that teases at times, 6 goals really won't buy you very much.

But if they do get Pickard and Grigoenko for $2M per combined, that goes a long way to solving the cap problem with the two other RFAs.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
For all of Grigorenko's potential and skill that teases at times, 6 goals really won't buy you very much.

But if they do get Pickard and Grigoenko for $2M per combined, that goes a long way to solving the cap problem with the two other RFAs.

27 Point will though.

Not just about goals, and Greg put together a solid season after a slow start.

27 points in 74 games, A 30 point pace over 82.

I think he might be able to get 1.5M if it actually goes to arbitration. But if it doesn't I think 1.25M is about right.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
27 Point will though.

Not just about goals, and Greg put together a solid season after a slow start.

27 points in 74 games, A 30 point pace over 82.

I think he might be able to get 1.5M if it actually goes to arbitration. But if it doesn't I think 1.25M is about right.

Good points, sir. :nod:

I expected the two lower-tiered RFAs to cost the Avs around $3M per. They're almost certainly going to come in lower than that. Perhaps even $1M lower than that.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Obligatory:

Pickard_20Shuffle_zpsuicbpon4.0.gif

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Very happy with this deal. Cheap and smart and he's still a RFA after. Hopefully he makes even more strides and emerges as a legit starting goaltender. We haven't ever really seen goalies drafted by us go on to have NHL success beyond being a backup (Aebi, Boods)

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Usually when teams start their backups fans are ready for a loss, or see the win as a bonus. Something that we haven't had maybe.. ever? And something that not many teams can boast - I feel equally comfortable having either of our guys in net. Barring injuries, we will have a starter like caliber goalie in net all 82 games.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
First half of the 2013/14 season Jiggy was our back-up that we weren't afraid of losing with. Other then that maybe Budaj when he wasn't being pushed into the starter role?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
That's my point. I was never really too confident with Aebischer in net either.

I suppose Jiggy is a good one but we knew it was temporary, whereas Varly and Picks are both very young.

With expansion coming up this duo might be temporary as well.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Hopefully we keep the right one.

It'll be Picks unless Martin makes some crazy strides in the next year.

I love Varly. But as a fan i'm hoping we see a 1A/1B tandem this year. Picks competitive nature is gonna win him the job someday. I'm still blown away they drafted and got a goalie to the point Picks has gotten too. I was so pumped when they grabbed him instead of Campbell.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It'll be Picks unless Martin makes some crazy strides in the next year.

I love Varly. But as a fan i'm hoping we see a 1A/1B tandem this year. Picks competitive nature is gonna win him the job someday. I'm still blown away they drafted and got a goalie to the point Picks has gotten too. I was so pumped when they grabbed him instead of Campbell.

Nashville took the wrong Pickard haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad