Pre-Game Talk: Av's @ Leafs

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
God forbid we don't all agree on everything here eh? "ignore everyone that doesn't agree with Dubas!!" ok there pal.
Dissenting opinions make this place worthwhile.
What you’re doing is trolling. Big difference. I’m glad you don’t care if people believe you. We don’t.

Gonna take my own advice now and stop feeding you. Have a good one.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
What you’re doing is trolling. Big difference. I’m glad you don’t care if people believe you. We don’t.

Plz stop responding to me unless you have something to say about hockey instead of speculating on whether I'm 'dissenting' or 'trolling'. Smh.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Our chances are about as good as anyone's in the league vs. the champs. For the first time in a long time I'd say it's even money even without O'Rielly.
We should match up fine against them tonight. I know they have some injuries but can't find their starting lineup for tonight yet. Av's board just has a GDT for the entire road trip by the looks of it.
Keep an eye on Makar and Mackinnon. Georgiev can be a brick wall or a shower curtain, let's hope for the latter.
Take 2 tonight boys.

Reactions: Altair

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You aren't a leaf fan if you think our D is good. Dubas failed to replace Muzzin, gave Sandin away, didn't get a top pair D to play with Rielly. And now we're 'good' because we have 6/7/8/9 quality D? I mean yea it's good to have depth but we had that with Sandin, Timmins, Benn and Mete. What dubas overpaid for ain't much better if at all.

We're dressing 7D and 11F because our team is built horribly.

I mean Tampa has done this in the playoffs recently... Seems they've made the Cup finals three years in a row, and won the cup. I guess they are built horribly too.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

1678908934331.png
I am welcoming the latest but far from greatest volunteer to be our Piñata for our Leaf's Forum Piñata Party!!!

Let's see how long he lasts, as he really isn't very good at it. :thumbu:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
As long as they don't start Murray again they will be fine. He still looks rusty and this isn't the club you choose to kick yourself out of a slump.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I mean Tampa has done this in the playoffs recently... Seems they've made the Cup finals three years in a row, and won the cup. I guess they are built horribly too.

We go Knies coming so we won't be doing that for the playoffs

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Hes flavor of the week. Not even an upgrade on Engvall if we're being real here.
One of the dumbest things I've ever read. He's scored 20 goals before, something I'll be very surprised Engvall ever does especially now that he's playing on an anemic offense

Reactions: LeafSteel

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
If Murray is in net we know they will get at least 4 but 8 might be a stretch
So what 7?
Man…you’re such an Optimist..
It's kind of what passes for it in LeaFland
6-1 Leafs
Fingers crossed
Can't tell if serious or not
I think he is so serious that he's moved into facetiousness:nod:
Completely different character that brings a completely different element to our bottom 6. He is a true bottom 6'er where engvall was a tweener that didn't score enough for top 6 and zero physical presence in the bottom 6. Acciari is a keeper.
The Islanders were trying him on the 1 line and after a handful of shifts decided that maybe the bench was a better use of his talent

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
You can be a leaf fan and still think they are making bad moves you know?? Some of us have been fans long enough to be sick and tired of mediocrity.

I'll say it again. I'm the biggest leaf fan here. By far. Idgaf if you believe me or take me seriously.
Both Damien Cox and Bobby McCown tried that, almost ended up as career killers for both of them, the backlash is still strong even today, when Cox writes about tennis or even the CFL.

Reactions: LeafSteel

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
As long as they don't start Murray again they will be fine. He still looks rusty and this isn't the club you choose to kick yourself out of a slump.
Depends on Sammy and if he's 100% or not.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Gonna lose my cool if we lose to Galchenyuk and Malgin.
Headed to the liquor store
You'd think they would have a GPS app or something similar on their phones, which brings up the question, how will they find the liquor store in the first place.

Last edited:

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021

They did it because of injuries

We're doing it because we for some reason STILL think we're smarter then every other organization

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
When Schenn is dressed i like the 11-7. If its Gustfasson i don't understand it.
With gusty who aint even on the first pp unit we can never; ever, ever, ever, ever, be a, G. We can never ever ever ever ever be a G. And thats a project pat song.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You reacting like if Murray was the reason why leafs lost against buffalo and vancouver when the team in front wqs just totally trash

Playing a good team, we will probably see leafs playing a good game...

sometimes you need goalies to steal a few games; especially in the playoffs.

I don't recall even one game this season where our goalie stole teh game for us. Unless I forgot which is possible

Reactions: Cleetus

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
You’re dumb if you truly think that, Acciari has been a pain in the ass to play against for many years and now that we got him he’s flavour of the week? Garbage hot take right here
It would have been a popular take in this sub a month or two ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad