Pre-Game Talk: Av's @ Leafs

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Any news if Schen has shown up in Toronto yet
Yes, Sheldon's going 10-8 tonight. :sarcasm:

I think at this stage of the season it's really hard to keep the guys motivated. They can't move up in the standings, and their opponent has been locked in since late October. Boys are ready for the playoffs.

Maybe not, but if they don't stay focused they sure as hell can move down.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Revenge game for Kerfoot, Avs are screwed.

I honestly believe the Leafs are coming out of the east this year so I think it’ll be a good measuring stick game for both teams. Both teams have injuries so that’s not an excuse for either. Reality is injuries will happen in the playoffs too. Will be a great win for whichever team comes out with the W.

Also, Matthews rounding into form with Marner playing the way he has this year is a scary sight! Ya’ll have a fun team to watch.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Hes flavor of the week. Not even an upgrade on Engvall if we're being real here.
Completely different character that brings a completely different element to our bottom 6. He is a true bottom 6'er where engvall was a tweener that didn't score enough for top 6 and zero physical presence in the bottom 6. Acciari is a keeper.

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Revenge game for Kerfoot, Avs are screwed.

I honestly believe the Leafs are coming out of the east this year so I think it’ll be a good measuring stick game for both teams. Both teams have injuries so that’s not an excuse for either. Reality is injuries will happen in the playoffs too. Will be a great win for whichever team comes out with the W.

Also, Matthews rounding into form with Marner playing the way he has this year is a scary sight! Ya’ll have a fun team to watch.

I'm sure he'll miss 3 wide open nets instead of his usual 2 for his revenge

• Haha
Reactions: NateTheGreat

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
You have the worst takes I’ve ever seen. What was the other one again?

Holl > Schenn > McCabe I think? :laugh:
That one was a joke in the heat of the moment (I'll stand by it though if I have to idc)

If I'm being serious its Holl >> McCabe = Schenn

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Shooting, skating, PK

Meanwhile... Acciari has three goals, is shooting at 15%.. He's scoring at a better rate than Engvall did, in his best scoring season with the Leafs.

yes, Engvall is good at the PK. Marginally better

Acciari also has more hits in 11 games, than Engvall did in 58 with us... better Giveaway vs. Takeaway, Is better at Faceoffs and is a true C... which we needed.

I think Acciari is a better fit, for what the Leafs need. Engvall is a fine hockey player.. but to say they aren't even close is ridiculous. At best, similar value, in different ways... but what Acciari brings is more of what we need, and translates better for the playoffs.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
It might be asking too much from multi-million dollar nouveau riche young hockey players to put in a full hour of hard work a couple times a week + practices + travel time after being out eating, shopping, video gaming, tv watching, iPading, driving fun cars, socializing, etc. during the rest of the week.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
This is Ignore worthy all on its own.

Your posts make it very obvious why you are here, Bruins fan…..
I'm the biggest Leaf fan here. That's why I care about whether we're actually making the team better or not. Too many Leaf fans are happy with this MESS Dubas created. The fact that we're experimenting with 11F/7D this late into a season where we should be competing for the cup shows how bad of a spot we're in.

Ignore me if you want but imma keep calling it as I see it and wont sheep along with the rest of you thinking everything Dubas does it the best.

Meanwhile... Acciari has three goals, is shooting at 15%.. He's scoring at a better rate than Engvall did, in his best scoring season with the Leafs.

yes, Engvall is good at the PK. Marginally better

Acciari also has more hits in 11 games, than Engvall did in 58 with us... better Giveaway vs. Takeaway, Is better at Faceoffs and is a true C... which we needed.

I think Acciari is a better fit, for what the Leafs need. Engvall is a fine hockey player.. but to say they aren't even close is ridiculous. At best, similar value, in different ways... but what Acciari brings is more of what we need, and translates better for the playoffs.

Engvall brings more offense, Acciari brings more energy. I get it. If we had other players who could score in the bottom 6 I wouldnt mind an Engvall for Acciari swap as much. As it stands now though our bottom 6 has zero offense. Big 4 have no support down the lineup.

Reactions: Alienblood

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I'm the biggest Leaf fan here. That's why I care about whether we're actually making the team better or not. Too many Leaf fans are happy with this MESS Dubas created. The fact that we're experimenting with 11F/7D this late into a season where we should be competing for the cup shows how bad of a spot we're in.

Ignore me if you want but imma keep calling it as I see it and wont sheep along with the rest of you thinking everything Dubas does it the best.
Lol. Of course you will and certainly you are the BIGGEST something here, anyways..... :)

Do know:
- you aren't fooling anyone
- you aren't very good at this.
- it's sad the Leaf's live in your head to this degree
- we are all laughing at you. :)

Go Leafs Go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad