Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Miller, Mikheyev, Zadorov) | Swear words.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
We just watched MacKinnon launch two rockets from the point for both of the Avs PP goals.

Remind me why we don't have Hronek on PP1?
Mack doesn’t just stand there, you see him control the puck and try to move inside. Hronek doesn’t do that as well so the D can just try to commit to blocking the shot.

I think Hronek should just say f*** it and wire it as hard as possible like what Weber and Macinnis used to do and maim whoever the f*** dares to block the shot.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Still fuming at the f***ing refs, it’s like they just needed to insert themselves because they need to

Yeah, nothing you can do about that.

It's alright, in the grand scheme of things this is no more than a bee sting. And again, I'm just happy that we CAN look at the grand scheme of things for once since...the last ten years.

Reactions: TruKnyte

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I think Hronek should just say f*** it and wire it as hard as possible like what Weber and Macinnis used to do and maim whoever the f*** dares to block the shot.
There was a game where he did this.

He injured a PK'er.

Then on the next PP he injured another PK'er.

When he tried to shoot for a third time, nobody tried to block him.

In a playoff series, that could win you the entire series right there.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah, nothing you can do about that.

It's alright, in the grand scheme of things this is no more than a bee sting. And again, I'm just happy that we CAN look at the grand scheme of things for once since...the last ten years.
I mean we were fine with the 5-4. But it feels like we are given quite a lot of 5-3 this year for super soft calls.

There was a game where he did this.

He injured a PK'er.

Then on the next PP he injured another PK'er.

When he tried to shoot for a third time, nobody tried to block him.

In a playoff series, that could win you the entire series right there.
I know, we just need to throw Hronek out there and just tell him, if you kill a pker then that’s their f***ing problem.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Canucks had a good game plan to kick off. Avs started slow having played the night before and took a while to get going. But then then they found another gear and took over the game. They are rather scary post-trade deadline. Fortunately, they are not a potential first-round opponent.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
There are sure some awful Canucks fans. We owned the game for 39 minutes. They fluke a goal in the last minute of the second. From then on the game was determined by bad refereeing. As everyone has pointed out there were at least five unequal calls going the Avs way in the last 20 minutes. And you are going to criticise the Canucks because the they couldn't change the flow of the game with that crap going on. Soucy has been excellent and that puck was millimeters from being fine. A bad result and sulking Canucks fans want to burn the town down just like 2011. You are a bunch of whining babies. You know who you are.
On the flip side, some of you would be peeing your pants if you were soccer fans in Europe. Or even fans of the other Big 4 sports in America. You think THIS is bad?? Lol, some of you are sooooo soft. People can criticize the team, especially after a game in which they gave up 4 unanswered goals in uninspiring fashion. Nobody is saying they're going to go be fans of another team or suggesting we trade everyone and fire everyone. They're pissed off at the result and calling out the BS, especially the stuff that is a pattern with this team. That's absolutely fair game.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
We don’t give them that last second goal in the 2nd..the Av’s would have gone off quietly into the night..

Going into the 3rd ..we left the door open enough for the Av’s to come back..They had the psychological momentum..Anytime you’re protecting a 3-1 lead ( worst lead in hockey) the calls are always going to go against you..they always do..(game management) as the team protecting the lead starts making errors.

I’ve seen it a million times watching hockey games..Canucks had something similar to this in their game in Detroit

Last edited:

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Going into the 3rd ..we left the door open enough for the Av’s to come back..They had the psychological momentum..Anytime you’re protecting a 3-1 lead ( worst lead in hockey) the calls are always going to go against you..they always do..as the team protecting the lead starts making errors.

I’ve seen it a million times watching hockey games..Canucks had something similar to this in their game in Detroit
I'd rather be up 3-1 than 3-2.

Reactions: Indiana

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Team got overwhelmed at times and couldn't sustain a good start. Couple of bad breaks (especially on the Cole call, the penalty on Soucy and the flukey OT goal) but that third was just not good enough. Least they got a point

Good

Miller - excellent start and staked the team to a lead. Fell off after his face got rammed into the boards.

Garland - had some mis-passes but he always made the second, third and fourth effort to cover up for them. Was a big spark for the team in the second. Good where ever he plays. Hope Joshua is back soon.

Zadorov - shows how important size is against a bigger team. Was consistently good around his net and in getting the puck up ice. Game points out that Zadorov is mast re-sign

Cole - thought he was another who handled the Avs size well. Passing from his zone was excellent.

Mikheyev - nice to see him score and hopefully the goals start to come. Again skated well.

Not Good

Juulsen - tough night. Fell asleep on the very late second period goal which let Colorado back in the game. Had to keep inside position and simply made little effort to do so. Seemed to be on for all the goals against in this one. Was against superior talent and you're asking a lot for him to handle it.

Pettersson maybe the best way to describe his play was doozy. His was the worse line and they spent most of their shifts just trying to get the puck out of their end.

Hoglander - had the one chance but otherwise seemed to be smothered by Avs size.

Hronek - play has fallen off. Him and Hughes got dominated by Avs way too often. And that the fear. For all the excellent offfense, will they get broken down by size in the playoffs?

Others

Podkolzin - another good effort. Didn't see him make any poor plays and he was holding his own in puck battles.

deSmith - was okay but got scrambling at times and gave up a lot of net. Just wasn't making himself big enough.

Team unravelled some under pressure in this one. Sometimes getting home and dealing with domestic stuff can take an edge of player's game. That looked to be the case for some of the players in this one. Didn't think that team play was as good in this one. Reminded me of the Pittsburg game where they couldn't put a team away.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
I think you all forget that the US teams are more vital to the league. We should be happy we have a team at all.

I'm glad the Canucks laid down and let the Avs take the upper hand. It's comforting as it reminds me of how we were able to lose so regularly to the Hawks back in the day. So many fond memories of giving up leads late and then trying to regain momentum.

It's nice to see that effective plan of letting teams back in is still in play. Imagine how upset other teams would be if the Canucks kept taking it to them? I don't think the jets appreciated that very much the other night.

We are nothing if not a kind and thoughtful organization.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Very impressed by the Avs, 2nd half of a b2b on the road and they were the team who took over in the 3rd period. That 5 man unit of MacKinnon/Rantanen/Nuke/Makar/Toews is a machine, but yet I thought the Miller line played them pretty well.

This loss is on the other 3 lines/2 pairings not stepping up against the Avs other lines in winnable matchups plus the advantage in rest/energy.

While I loved Zadorov throwing his weight around, that pairing struggled to move the puck out of their own zone. Hughes-Hronek were also pretty mid by their standards, I thought they struggled a bit with the speed/size of the Avs forwards in their own zone.

Would definitely sit Juulsen and put Myers back in for some better puck moving.

Trenin and Duhaime were really nice depth adds for the Avs

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Well oddly tocchet just post game reiterated alot of what I complained about. Saying you have to realize who the opponent is and can't just sit back and not skate with the puck, that's the avs your playing..

So that gives me hope he didn't plan this strategy of going into a defensive shell against mackinnon when were rested and there on a back 2 back, but I still find the dump it in and get off short shifts a bit weird and ray Ferraro pointed that out. Not sure how the coach is not instructing that but either way at least he acknowledged some of the complaints some of us had. Now we need to see it fixed in game.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
On the flip side, some of you would be peeing your pants if you were soccer fans in Europe. Or even fans of the other Big 4 sports in America. You think THIS is bad?? Lol, some of you are sooooo soft. People can criticize the team, especially after a game in which they gave up 4 unanswered goals in uninspiring fashion. Nobody is saying they're going to go be fans of another team or suggesting we trade everyone and fire everyone. They're pissed off at the result and calling out the BS, especially the stuff that is a pattern with this team. That's absolutely fair game.

I also dislike the notion of talking down on your own fans, as if you're some kind of transcendent moral super being on a level above everyone else.

I am an Orca fan, so is everyone else here. If someone is to speak like they are not, they will be treated accordingly.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
There are sure some awful Canucks fans. We owned the game for 39 minutes. They fluke a goal in the last minute of the second. From then on the game was determined by bad refereeing. As everyone has pointed out there were at least five unequal calls going the Avs way in the last 20 minutes. And you are going to criticise the Canucks because the they couldn't change the flow of the game with that crap going on. Soucy has been excellent and that puck was millimeters from being fine. A bad result and sulking Canucks fans want to burn the town down just like 2011. You are a bunch of whining babies. You know who you are.

Can you really call that goal a fluke? It was a good pass to the crease and literally 2 Canuck players sandwiched the Avalanche player that deflected it in. No one tied up his stick...
That was just crap defending.

Reactions: quat and Nick Lang

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
The guys have to realize, this letting your foot off the gas pedal shit might work with Demko, but it's not the same with DeSmith.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Miller's post game presser right now really makes me feel like he should be Captain.

No slight against Hughes, but Miller is the vocal and emotional leader of the team.

And it's no surprise he's always the first person interviewed. Holding the team accountable, no excuses.
No way...

He is just an amplifier of what ever is happening.

If things are going well he makes things better if things are going bad... its leadership stick swing-o-clock.

We just watched MacKinnon launch two rockets from the point for both of the Avs PP goals.

Remind me why we don't have Hronek on PP1?
Because he misses the net so much?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad