Post-Game Talk: Avs def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Miller, Mikheyev, Zadorov) | Swear words.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Canucks started playing like shit from about midway through the 2nd period.

That hooking call was ridiculous and led to a big goal but that was early in the 3rd and we were playing like ass well before that and continued to play like ass for the rest of the game.

I'd be a lot more concerned about a rested team getting outworked and outexecuted in the 2nd half of a game against a team on a B2B than one bad call.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Miller's post game presser right now really makes me feel like he should be Captain.

No slight against Hughes, but Miller is the vocal and emotional leader of the team.

And it's no surprise he's always the first person interviewed. Holding the team accountable, no excuses.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Guy has two fore checkers on the blue line waiting for a turnover when we have the lead. When the game is tied or we’re behind one of the two pursues the puck carrier and the second man tries to pick the outlet pass. Clearly an intentional strategy when we have the lead to sit back, which might work against weaker competition but is playing with fire against a team like the Avs.

Joe Rogan

Jun 21, 2019
Lindholm and Blueger were both ass tonight. Not worth resigning. This 3rd period was full on Travis Green hockey, a 20 minute PK

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
There are sure some awful Canucks fans. We owned the game for 39 minutes. They fluke a goal in the last minute of the second. From then on the game was determined by bad refereeing. As everyone has pointed out there were at least five unequal calls going the Avs way in the last 20 minutes. And you are going to criticise the Canucks because the they couldn't change the flow of the game with that crap going on. Soucy has been excellent and that puck was millimeters from being fine. A bad result and sulking Canucks fans want to burn the town down just like 2011. You are a bunch of whining babies. You know who you are.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Guy has two fore checkers on the blue line waiting for a turnover when we have the lead. When the game is tied or we’re behind one of the two pursues the puck carrier and the second man tries to pick the outlet pass. Clearly an intentional strategy when we have the lead to sit back, which might work against weaker competition but is playing with fire against a team like the Avs.

Literally every team does this.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
You go into a defensive shell when your completely controlling the game against a team like the avs you will lose. Might work against teams with less firepower but avs like to attack in waves.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Miller's post game presser right now really makes me feel like he should be Captain.

No slight against Hughes, but Miller is the vocal and emotional leader of the team.

And it's no surprise he's always the first person interviewed. Holding the team accountable, no excuses.
Would make sense why he has the "A"!

I see your point though and often wonder the same.

Pogotheclown

Oct 11, 2015
Terrible game by the nucks, it's like they didn't want to win.
Pettersson is looking like a soft fourth-liner.
Powerplay is worse then 5-5.

Blah.....

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I'd be a lot more concerned about a rested team getting outworked and outexecuted in the 2nd half of a game against a team on a B2B than one bad call.
I agree, the team should have won that despite the bs 5 on 3 call, but gifting a team like the Avs a 5 on 3 in a game they're trailing is like taking a hammer to any momentum the Canucks could muster as it's pretty much a guaranteed goal every time.

Hockey is all a game of momentum, and when you have refs handing teams 5 on 3s on weak shit, you can't be surprised when your team struggles to regain momentum as a result.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Again, the coach isn't going to change a defensive system that has undoubtably worked wonders this season just because the Avs are good offensively. More often than not, you can close games out playing that way, but that last second lucky goal by the Avs and then Mack's embellishment for the 5 on 3 (which usually always switches momentum) was the difference.

In a game like that, you need star play from guys like Pettersson to pull their team out of the pit they're falling into. Pettersson was a ghost offensively. You can't argue otherwise. He needs to be figured out.

We don't. I'm putting blame on everyone. Like I said in my post, Pettersson was terrible tonight but I doubt the team collectively decided to turtle up for 20 minutes and hope they could survive. Likewise, we haven't changed a single thing about our powerplay structure and it's costing us games. That's on the coaching staff.

There's plenty of blame to go around for us completely folding. A poor call shouldn't lead to us getting outshot 20-3.

Something else to keep in mind. This defensive system hasn't worked against the Avs all season. Again, I'm not saying change it but we absolutely can't be turtling up in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad