Post-Game Talk: Avs bury the Jets 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
scheifele has been pretty shafted this year with linemates tbh when we had the 3 top 6ers out he was with plugs while pld had connor and now he's stuck with appleton. I'm more disappointed in pld's game
Scheifele was a beast, working his ass off carrying his linemates at the beginning of the year. He’s back to the 55 of the past few years….. tons of talent but no work ethic.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
.. believing that the team that has won the most games in the Western Conference isn't a massive favorite to make the playoffs?
You also need to look at their most recent record - after all, that is what has everyone unglued right now.
Other than the Blues, there is no team in the West with less points than the Jets over the last 10 games.

Reactions: hn777 and GNP

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
ZERO out of 5 Schwarzeneggers!

To think this crew are Contenders is laughable at best.

View attachment 656399

To be honest if Fefe got traded for a nice return I am fine with that. We need more high quality picks.

The look of frustration on Bones’ face says it all post game. He seems to be at a loss of what to do with this group next. I disagree with his comment that there was no Xs and Os problem early on. The Avs were clearly exploiting gaping holes the Jets system. Both effort and system failed.

The Chevy era has seem to run it‘s course to the extreme. I prefer the Jets do not do anything by the trade deadline. Trading away draft picks does this team a disservice for the coming years.

Anyone want my Islanders ticket Sunday afternoon?
For the most part, the Jets System is based on effort - without the effort, they don't have a system.
Bones has made it clear that the team will need to play a certain way - he's covered that many times.
It's about the effort (work) that needs to be a core part of this teams game - without it, they fail.

The big question at this point is - does the core want to put in the effort?
We'll see on Sunday - Bones made the point of putting that date in the minds of every Jet - we'll see how they respond.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Yes, I'm with the majority here and believe that we need to upgrade our scoring depth, however, we did more with less earlier this year, and it was because the team was executing the systems the right way. Elite talent will help you win, but playing a team game is the most essential for success.
Good point - and impossible to ignore

Reactions: Stumbledore and GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Last 19 games -
top 6 can't score at even strength - people complain about lack of bottom 6 scoring.
most goals coming from PP - people complaining about bad PP.

Echo of 2019 season, good first half season, 2nd half collapse ..... only worse. In the last 20 games they have gone 10-10, but that result flatters them. They have been playing like shite.

The Bowness miracle turnaround is over.

Reactions: blueandgoldguy

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Last 19 games -
top 6 can't score at even strength - people complain about lack of bottom 6 scoring.
most goals coming from PP - people complaining about bad PP.

Echo of 2019 season, good first half season, 2nd half collapse ..... only worse. In the last 20 games they have gone 10-10, but that result flatters them. They have been playing like shite.

The Bowness miracle turnaround is over.

Soooo is the bottom 6 scoring at even strength?

Reactions: DRW204

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What does it say about our supposed vaunted drafting and developing where we don't have a single viable call up that'd be upgrade in the bottom 6? It's 4 goals combined from our 3rd line the past 30 games. Beleive 32 games for our highest paid /tenured bottom 6er

This team needs an entire new third line. Our top 6 wasn't great tonight either. But they've carried the bill the last 20+ games.

Why are you so worried about the 3rd line when the 1st and 2nd lines aren't scoring at all?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Why are you so worried about the 3rd line when the 1st and 2nd lines aren't scoring at all?
Bc our top 6 carried the mail the past 30 some odd games? When half your fwds group show up offensively for nearly 50% of the year, who is the onus on

Reactions: gojetsgo

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Bc our top 6 carried the mail the past 30 some odd games? When half your fwds group show up offensively for nearly 50% of the year, who is the onus on
apparently since our top six can't score the 3+ goals required to win every night it's on them, instead of the 6 other forwards you can't even manage to get 1 in the past 13 games

Reactions: DRW204

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
For the most part, the Jets System is based on effort - without the effort, they don't have a system.
Bones has made it clear that the team will need to play a certain way - he's covered that many times.
It's about the effort (work) that needs to be a core part of this teams game - without it, they fail.

The big question at this point is - does the core want to put in the effort?
We'll see on Sunday - Bones made the point of putting that date in the minds of every Jet - we'll see how they respond.
I’ll certainly tell all IF they pass my eye ball test in person Sunday.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Stumbledore

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
apparently since our top six can't score the 3+ goals required to win every night it's on them, instead of the 6 other forwards you can't even manage to get 1 in the past 13 games
Our only 10+ goal scorers are in the top 6. but apparently they can't score at all.

Reactions: gojetsgo

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Not the past 30 games. The first 30 games. When it is the half of the group that is supposed to score and they only do it half the time, the onus is on that half of the group. They are the top 6 and the bottom 6, not the top 6 and the other top 6.

Not saying I'm happy with the bottom 6 scoring but that is nothing compared to the lack of top 6 scoring for the past 19 games. They scored in the 20th game only because they ran into bad goaltending from the opposition but I leave that one out because the fact is that they did score. So 19 games and counting. That is ~ 1/4 of a season.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Not the past 30 games. The first 30 games. When it is the half of the group that is supposed to score and they only do it half the time, the onus is on that half of the group. They are the top 6 and the bottom 6, not the top 6 and the other top 6.

Not saying I'm happy with the bottom 6 scoring but that is nothing compared to the lack of top 6 scoring for the past 19 games. They scored in the 20th game only because they ran into bad goaltending from the opposition but I leave that one out because the fact is that they did score. So 19 games and counting. That is ~ 1/4 of a season.
the bottom six has 3 goals in the past 14 games, all 3 came in 1 game. if you expect our top6 to score 3+ every game while getting nothing from the bottom end of the roster then you have some unrealistic expectations, but go a head and blame the only guys who can score and ignore the bottom that hasn't done anything recently

Reactions: tbcwpg and DRW204

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Meanwhile, the Edmonton Oilers are clinging to a wild card spot and fighting to improve their standing.

But they lost today. To the Columbus Blue Jackets.

And what's especially sweet, the Oilers at one point had a 4 goal lead.

Add in the fact that the New York Rangers have now lost 3 games in a row and the desperate, sky-is-falling situation of the Jets doesn't seem so bad.

Reactions: Inanna, Jet and GNP

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

This team will not go anywhere with 4 goals in 30 gp from their bottom 6. Lowry is goal-less in 32 games that's a top 9 fwd yet in your mind it's scheifele, pld, Connor etc fault this team isn't scoring.If you expect the top 6 to score 3+ every night you're out to lunch.

This was from end of January. Don't think much has changed:

we are heavily top-6 driven. and our defense was has scored pretty well. our bottom-6 is pretty poor offensively but that could be addressed at the TDL pretty easily id think.

looking at "depth scoring" stats. teams w/ players of 9+ goals (i just chose an arbitrary number so can accuse & label me of cherry-picking lol)

the Jets are tied with MTL for the least players with 4.

the most
SEA 11
BOS 9
CGY 8
NYR/STL/VGK 8

Gagner helps a bit more on offense. but not sure the split of his scoring in the top-6 vs bottom-6. and seems like he's fallen out of favor a bit.

Somehow teams are getting scoring up and down the line up foreign f***ing concept on here tho.

Reactions: GNP and gojetsgo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad