Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Casey Mittelstadt for Bo Byram

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What does Lehkonen need to accomplish, particularly in the playoffs, to be considered elite?
Lehkonen is one of the most clutch players in the league. That does'n mean he's elite. He's just not skilled enough, or doesn't possess the IQ to be considered elite. He's a hard worker, and because he's a good soldier he's usually in the right spot. Because he does exactly as the coaches tell him to.

We've been talking about Lehkonen being a potential cap casuality in the summer. Bednar would f***ing quit if they traded Lehkonen, he loves him so much. Just watch that G2 post game interview, where Bednar almost tears up talking about him.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What does Lehkonen need to accomplish, particularly in the playoffs, to be considered elite?
I think people just need to forget his time with the Habs. Because his production with the Avs has been elite.
1000034057.jpg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Mitts has been unreal defensively and his offensive game is coming together slowly because he is building up chemistry with some players and he is starting to feel more comfortable in Bednar's system.

What has impressed me a lot about Mitts is his board battle. Guys that are good at winning battle along the boards usually wins them by being stronger than the other guys and/or digging really hard for the puck. Mitts on the other hand wins them by stickhandling the puck. It is really quite something to watch.

The one thing I hope Bednar works on with him is shooting more. Great playmakers like him are even more efficient with their passes when the goalie is not entirely sure they are going to pass. Make the goalie guess. Bednar worked with Drouin on this and it has paid off.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Lehkonen is one of the most clutch players in the league. That does'n mean he's elite. He's just not skilled enough, or doesn't possess the IQ to be considered elite. He's a hard worker, and because he's a good soldier he's usually in the right spot. Because he does exactly as the coaches tell him to.

We've been talking about Lehkonen being a potential cap casuality in the summer. Bednar would f***ing quit if they traded Lehkonen, he loves him so much. Just watch that G2 post game interview, where Bednar almost tears up talking about him.
Given the fluid spontaneity of a hockey game, being in the right spot most of the time is a sign of high IQ. And I suspect that being "clutch" requires a skill level to finish the play. As noted above during his time with the Habs he could not reach his potential, being that he was stuck on a sub-standard team.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
There would be a bidding war for lehky, 4.5 million teams would move some good pieces for him. I wouldn’t move him unless it was unreasonable 3 firsts sort of thing

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
There would be a bidding war for lehky, 4.5 million teams would move some good pieces for him. I wouldn’t move him unless it was unreasonable 3 firsts sort of thing
It's a big part of the reason why some of us want to move him.

Especially with another clutch playoff performance this year. All those bubble teams trying to get over the hump would pay so much to get him IMO. Teams like Detroit, Buffalo, Ottawa, Utah, Seattle...

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm not even sure how the words stack up? Is elite better than being an superstar? Vice-Versa?

All I know for sure is that Lehky doesn't need to accomplish jack shit. He's already been there and done it in '22. Lehky gives us elite defense, clutch offense, can play either wing all the way to the top line with MacK and Rants. I'd say there are less than a dozen players in the league that give you what Lehky gives you and one of them is also on the Avs (Nuke). That level of defensive, puck pursuit is elite, but often overlooked by broadcasts. His goals are clutch. He's just a damn beauty no matter how you look at it.

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019

That is awesome.

To add some context:
Juuso Parkkila (bro of goalie coach Jussi) told in a Finnish Podcast, that when he was visiting in Denver and watched the Avs practice, Casey was gonna go off the ice among the first guys. Nate commanded him to stay and keep going with the drills, and Casey indeed was then the last guy on the ice.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I'm not even sure how the words stack up? Is elite better than being an superstar? Vice-Versa?

All I know for sure is that Lehky doesn't need to accomplish jack shit. He's already been there and done it in '22. Lehky gives us elite defense, clutch offense, can play either wing all the way to the top line with MacK and Rants. I'd say there are less than a dozen players in the league that give you what Lehky gives you and one of them is also on the Avs (Nuke). That level of defensive, puck pursuit is elite, but often overlooked by broadcasts. His goals are clutch. He's just a damn beauty no matter how you look at it.
Elite GAF.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
That is awesome.

To add some context:
Juuso Parkkila (bro of goalie coach Jussi) told in a Finnish Podcast, that when he was visiting in Denver and watched the Avs practice, Casey was gonna go off the ice among the first guys. Nate commanded him to stay and keep going with the drills, and Casey indeed was then the last guy on the ice.

Very good. MacK is now the General. Straight up giving people commands.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
When I was 6 yrs old my best friend moved away because his dad got another job. I made friends over the years but never forgot about my best friend and always hoped we could meet up again sometime and see what became of each of us. That time never came but I keep remembering how good our friendship was.

Casey (uh...I mean Kenny) I'll never forget our time together. If my team can't ever win a Cup, maybe you can. Best wishes...:(...:DD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad