Confirmed with Link: Avs acquire Casey Mittelstadt for Bo Byram

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mitts has been fine, but fine isn't good enough for this team. He's played well defensively, but defense isn't enough either. The primary reason they brought him in was for secondary scoring.

It's not his linemates. It wasn't because he was playing with Nuke and Lehky, who he should be a perfect fit with. It's not because he wasn't playing with Mikko, because he has been playing with Mikko the last few games, and they got broken up last game because they weren't working.

It's not the system. He's been playing the system fine from the first game. Hounding pucks on the forecheck and back checking hard.

He just needs to be better offensively. He needs to show more offensive instincts, he needs to go to the dirty areas around the net more often, he needs to shoot more, and he needs to improve the accuracy on his shots. These are the things holding him back IMO.

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Mittelstadt has been fine, but I think people are expecting too much from him. He's a player who has elite skills, but is not an elite player himself. It's the same reason why I wasn't calling this trade amazing by any stretch because Casey has brilliant playmaking ability, but tends to disappear too much at times in games. I still like him, but don't expect anything higher than a PPG season out of him (at the very best) because he was overrated during his draft year.
Sounds like Casper the ghost who we wanted back for years. He will come good IMO.

Bednar is going to turn him into a beast.

I truly hope he partakes in the fall skate with Nate and Sid.
He should do whatever MacK and Drouin did..

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Damn that's a good one but I still prefer MittelJost for the time being. Newchene is very good though. Hoping we get a player soon that we can use that on.
I'm quite honestly going to just put you on ignore the next time you write mitteljost and it's a shame because I actually otherwise like you as a poster and I think you'll be the only person on my list

• Wow
Reactions: missionAvs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sounds like Casper the ghost who we wanted back for years. He will come good IMO.

Bednar is going to turn him into a beast.

He should do whatever MacK and Drouin did..
I think Stastny is a good comparison, but I would put Casey as a little bit more elite in some of his tools. Paul was better with the physical elements, which I think is a bigger downfall of Mittelstadt and why he's not as productive as he could be. I don't agree with the comments that say he's underrated along the boards, he's below-average for me at that IMHO.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Imagine RyJo in this series instead of Mitts
Funny enough the Jets might be the one team in the playoffs RyJo would have looked ok against. Just match him up against Monahan/Toffoli and it would look like slugs playing hockey.

But ya, I hope everyone can see why now some of us wanted Mitts so badly, and why we needed that Center depth in the worst way. It completely changes the dynamic of this team.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Starting to look like yet another slam dunk by the pro scouts. He fits the identity so well, but also brings some key elements that were lacking. His vision and IQ are obviously very good, but I've been most impressed by his board play. He's just so incredibly smart and shifty along the boards and comes away with the puck nearly every time. It's something I was not expecting at all.

Toewsfordayz

Oct 20, 2023
Funny enough the Jets might be the one team in the playoffs RyJo would have looked ok against. Just match him up against Monahan/Toffoli and it would look like slugs playing hockey.

But ya, I hope everyone can see why now some of us wanted Mitts so badly, and why we needed that Center depth in the worst way. It completely changes the dynamic of this team.
Aye, but miss you Kadri still 😻

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Imagine RyJo in this series instead of Mitts

appalled-jim-the-office-how-dare-you-rr8g9hgx5l4dep56.gif

Reactions: AvsWraith

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Starting to look like yet another slam dunk by the pro scouts. He fits the identity so well, but also brings some key elements that were lacking. His vision and IQ are obviously very good, but I've been most impressed by his board play. He's just so incredibly smart and shifty along the boards and comes away with the puck nearly every time. It's something I was not expecting at all.
Sabres fan coming in peace. Casey is a full effort guy. Also he seems to know the best play before even his teammates do. He also seldom takes a step back. He may cool off for a bit but when he gets hot he tends to keep the momentum going forward and it becomes part of his game. Glad he is doing well for you guys. Also good to see Georgie right the ship. I hated the trade as I think what you saw was what the Sabres needed to squeeze out the extra points they needed to make the playoffs. He raises his game as the stakes get higher. Good luck.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

I think ALL of us wanted Mitts to replace RyJo at 2C.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It’s nice to see Parise on Mittelstadts line. In Game 1, Parise seemed a little overwhelmed by the speed of that line. It looked like the brain was keeping up but for the 39 year old legs, it was a problem.

Mittelstadt’s skating and speed for the Avs has been fine but the playmaking lagged. At times it’s hard not to wonder if it’s adjusting to the Avs pace of play while also creating. But other times you think maybe it’s bad luck with linemates due to injuries etc. But there seems to be some chemistry with Parise.

It would be nice to have Drouin but Parise with Mitts isn’t terrible.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
It’s nice to see Parise on Mittelstadts line. In Game 1, Parise seemed a little overwhelmed by the speed of that line. It looked like the brain was keeping up but for the 39 year old legs, it was a problem.

Mittelstadt’s skating and speed for the Avs has been fine but the playmaking lagged. At times it’s hard not to wonder if it’s adjusting to the Avs pace of play while also creating. But other times you think maybe it’s bad luck with linemates due to injuries etc. But there seems to be some chemistry with Parise.

It would be nice to have Drouin but Parise with Mitts isn’t terrible.
The Mitts line needs a finisher and thats what Parise is at this point. Lehkonen and Mitts can carry a lot of the play defensively.

Reactions: cccoltsicehockey

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The Mitts line needs a finisher and thats what Parise is at this point. Lehkonen and Mitts can carry a lot of the play defensively.

Lehkonens not elite but he’s not such a bad finisher himself. A lot of hockey IQ on that line with Parise, Mitts, and Lehkonen.

Did you see to post game interview with Mitts where he said Lehkonen has been helping him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad