GDT: Aves VS. Penguins 12-11-17 -- 5PM MT

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We really haven't had great goaltending in a while now.

Varly can put together a really strong game a fair number of the time, but he also puts a real stinker up more then you'd like as well.

It'd be nice to have a backup with a sv% above .900 for once as well. Avs really have to take a look at our goaltending depth very soon. Gonna need to bring in a real quality youngster for the future.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I wanted Girard to get less ice time but I think hes been cut too much, hope he gets a bit more tonight.

Yes last game was ridiculously low and doesn't help him at all. Can we get something somewhere in the middle of last games' 7 min and the previous games' 25 min please Jared? Thanks.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Unlike the Avs, the Penguins are very organized once they get posession in their own end. Once their defense touches the puck, the almost always make clean passes to get it out.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
We really haven't had great goaltending in a while now.

I think Dater said in a previous podcast that we are bottom 3 in the league statistically with our goalies. Makes you wonder where we would be with good goaltending.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I think Dater said in a previous podcast that we are bottom 3 in the league statistically with our goalies. Makes you wonder where we would be with good goaltending.

We don't have good defence. The team lets in a tonne of chances, the goalie plays badly as a result. Not to say it's been great but it's more competent than the team is at limiting high-danger offense. We get so many rushes and hemmed into our zone so much.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
We don't have good defence. The team lets in a tonne of chances, the goalie plays badly as a result. Not to say it's been great but it's more competent than the team is at limiting high-danger offense. We get so many rushes and hemmed into our zone so much.

We been alot better in that department this year so far in terms of giving up prime chances. Varly has been ok he hasnt had to steal many wins for us this season bernier has been brutal sans 3 games

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
So close by MacKinnon, and Compher getting another breakaway. The guy could be leading the Avs in goals if he scored on his breakaways. He speed is excellent.

Pretty tame game, both ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad