These are hilariously bad.
BemsLl1IQAEsCb9.jpg:large

Young Jim Belushi?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
agreed Guds is dying next to the crypt. also think he has struggled wearing the cage. i don't wish ill will on the panthers or Jovo but if he struggled more he'd prob. think about retiring. but because he hasn't been god awful he'll prob. come back for his last year...

we're stuck with so many contracts for one more year. i highly doubt we can move kopecky, upshall, Jovo, and flash.

Yeah, I think you're right. We'll be stuck with them for one more season unless Tallon can pull off some magic tricks.

-ghoste

Panthers607

Apparently he's a game time decision. Horachek said he could've finished the game the other night but they kept him out for precautionary reasons.

If he could've finished the last game, why is there even a question whether he should play or not tonight? Seems weird.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So, no Barkov tonight?

Apparently he's a game time decision. Horachek said he could've finished the game the other night but they kept him out for precautionary reasons.

If he could've finished the last game, why is there even a question whether he should play or not tonight? Seems weird.
Barkov didn't practice yesterday and is listed as doubtful for today. Expect Gomez to sub in if he can't go.

Barkov must be really injured if he wont play the avs, his favourite team. You'd think he wouldnt wanna miss it for something just minor!

Why are the Avs his favourite team?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA

Yeah, I think it's because our injury analysis is way off. Remember Jovo was supposed to be days away from returning and it ended up being like a month after that. Then Olsen joined the team on the road a few weeks ago but still isn't ready.

-ghoste

FloridaPanthersBlog

Jan 23, 2014
Expecting a solid effort from the team tonight. With Columbus this hot, we have to put together a few win streaks to compete for that wild card spot. Go Panthers!

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Yeah, I think it's because our injury analysis is way off. Remember Jovo was supposed to be days away from returning and it ended up being like a month after that. Then Olsen joined the team on the road a few weeks ago but still isn't ready.

-ghoste

That or the guys are tough SOBs who just don't complain enough when they get injured :toothless

Why are the Avs his favourite team?

I think he said in one of his earlier interviews that the Avs were one of his favorite teams when growing up. Doubt he would be still cheering for them :laugh:

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Expecting a solid effort from the team tonight. With Columbus this hot, we have to put together a few win streaks to compete for that wild card spot. Go Panthers!

Columbus is a better team than the Flyers or Rags. It just took a while for them to get going again and now they have Horton back too. I think in the end we'll be competing against the Rags/Flyers/Devils for the wild card spot.

Ekblast

"We're still learning." -Coach Brunette.
Nov 9, 2002
Flori-duh
www.Reddit.com
Looking at those d-pairings I still can't figure out how the avs are having so much success, they're thin there to say the least.

Because the object of the game is to OUTSCORE the opponents. You can have okay, or average D if you're outscoring.

Look at the playoff standings (not counting Wild Card). Every team in playoff position (except the Rangers) have a positive goal differential.

That's how you win and that's how you make the playoffs.

:D DUH! :p:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Per GR and Goldie, Barkov out and Gomez in :help:
Oh sure everyone listens when he says it, but no one when I say it :sarcasm:

Because the object of the game is to OUTSCORE the opponents. You can have okay, or average D if you're outscoring.

Look at the playoff standings (not counting Wild Card). Every team in playoff position (except the Rangers) have a positive goal differential.

That's how you win and that's how you make the playoffs.

:D DUH! :p:

With that defense they should not be outscoring anyone, and Varlamov is inconsistent, so it's quite surprising. I think if you predicted Colorado to come in anything but bottom 5 this year you'd have been in the vast minority.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Remember Gomez was actually our leading scorer for like 1½ period this season, and then tied first for another 10 min!

Putting Gomez with the Killer B's though, I don't see how he could have possibly earned that... I understand Gomez might be a little more useless in the bottom 6, but it would be nice to have Matthias there instead. For all those who harp on Matthias not producing enough offense...it's clearly better than what Gomez brings. Gomez has proven to be rather useless. We'd be better off calling up a center from San Antonio than playing him.

Also someone else feel free to make the GDT if you can.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I think they are trying put a similar type of player in that role. Matthias worked in with them vs Buf and he really didn't work out there because he's not a playmaker. I was hoping Shore would be in that line because they looked better with him in it. I don't think Gomez will get every shift of the line, we 'll see others work in.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
Putting Gomez with the Killer B's though, I don't see how he could have possibly earned that... I understand Gomez might be a little more useless in the bottom 6, but it would be nice to have Matthias there instead. For all those who harp on Matthias not producing enough offense...it's clearly better than what Gomez brings. Gomez has proven to be rather useless. We'd be better off calling up a center from San Antonio than playing him.

Also someone else feel free to make the GDT if you can.

Yeah i agree, or even put Bjug with the bees and then made Huber line to the second line, they actually looked kinda good vs sabres, and then use gomez with flash/upshall.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The idea behind putting Gomez with Killer Bees is probably that they don't want to mess up the other lines completely.

Anyway, hoping that he surprises and has a big game. Come on, Scotty!

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
Harvey's not spilling the best of news at the moment:

@hfialkov A source has told Sun Sentinel that Barkov has a knee injury. Believed to be minor but knees are rarely minor.#FlaPanthers

@hfialkov Horachek and source is "hope'' ful that Barkov can make 4-game road trip. #FlaPanthers

Also, Tanguay is coming back into the Avs lineup tonight but will sit out tomorrow's game in Tampa. As always, we're "great" at lucky things like these :p:

hockey dude

Aug 26, 2011

I agree. Also what message does this send to either Shore or Matthias? We rocket science coaches have you pigeon holed as third or fourth liners while Gomez because he can't play fourth line gets first line minutes. Absolutely absurd! First hockey team I've ever heard of that makes decisions that have no basis in rewarding players for their efforts on the ice!! When the hell was the last time Gomez even played a game?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Just got a feeling the usual Panthers. Minor injury turns into missing the season.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL

I agree. Also what message does this send to either Shore or Matthias? We rocket science coaches have you pigeon holed as third or fourth liners while Gomez because he can't play fourth line gets first line minutes. Absolutely absurd! First hockey team I've ever heard of that makes decisions that have no basis in rewarding players for their efforts on the ice!! When the hell was the last time Gomez even played a game?

I am ok with Shore staying with Huberdeau and Winchester because it seems like they're already building chemistry. But Gomez with the B's is blasphemy. The Flash-Bjugstad-Upshall line is a 3rd line to me, ignoring Bjugstad that is, the rest of that line is not fit for top 6 right now.

Actually yeah, but Bjugstad with Bergenheim and Boyes, that would totally work...but it makes the other line hideous if you put Gomez with Flash and Upshall, bleh.

*looks around for Trochek*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad