Pre-Game Talk: Avalanche @ Panthers Jan 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Florida demolished the Avs last time they played, but they are a good team.

Some pre game Good Bad and Ugly

G: -Barkov sound like he'll be able to play
-Huberdeau appears to have woken up
-Jovo will never be worth that contract, but when healthy he can still be effective as long as he doesn't play heavy minutes

B: -Avalanche know not to take the Panthers lightly after their last meeting, and they just got smoked by the Leafs so they'll be ready

U: The league didn't listen to my suggestion to ban powerplays, so unfortunately those still exist

Update on Barkov: Ok since he didn't practice today, it sounds like he might not play tomorrow but again this doesn't appear to be serious

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Looking at those d-pairings I still can't figure out how the avs are having so much success, they're thin there to say the least.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
If Florida comes out hard on the forecheck Friday night then we can definitely hang with their offense. Need a solid outting defensively to prevent them from holding onto the Puck too long in our zone.
OT: I bought a couple tickets to the Colorado game a while back, and I just realized it says 7:3O instead of 7:30. Bought them on stubhub, and never seen this before...

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Good news is that they are on the Florida B2B. Unfortunately we are the first leg but being worse than TB hopefully we see JSG and not Varlamov and maybe some reduced ice time for some of their better players. Should see Thomas as long as he is over the illness and if Barkov isn't ready, don't play him.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Uglier: Flash still hasn't found out how to use his hockey stick this season. Poor guy.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I think we'll need to rely on Bjugs defensively along with Matthias. Those are really the only skaters who could keep with Duchene and MacK.

One thing we did vs then last game was to keep the sticks active in the NZ, plenty of poke checks cut off their breakout . We need more of that and hopefully Olsen is ready.

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Glad to hear Barkov is okay. He just had a minor leg strain. It's gonna be a tough game. Especially since they just got blown out by the Leafs. Hopefully the Panthers can stick with it.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I could see this being a game where the Panthers will have to play like they did on Monday night in Pittsburgh. The Avs know we're not a slouch of a team when we're on our game as they beat them in Colorado. They'll probably be eager to get a win after being blown out 5-2 on home ice against the Leafs last night. I'm glad Barkov's injury isn't serious at all because that Killer B line is going to have to be flying.

Clockwork4168

#CatsAreComing
Oct 16, 2012
Hialeah, FL
If Florida comes out hard on the forecheck Friday night then we can definitely hang with their offense. Need a solid outting defensively to prevent them from holding onto the Puck too long in our zone.
OT: I bought a couple tickets to the Colorado game a while back, and I just realized it says 7:3O instead of 7:30. Bought them on stubhub, and never seen this before...

Just bought some off stub hub as well, and they have the same typo. Not too worried about it since I've bought tickets from the same seller and they've always been good.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
These are hilariously bad.
BemsLl1IQAEsCb9.jpg:large

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I will continue to be optimistic as I always am but my gut feeling is that this team can't make up for that terrible start to the season. It's such a shame too because I feel that given the chance in the playoffs this team would force a few eyebrows to be raised.

However with that being said... if all things work like their supposed to next season I have no doubt that at the very least we will be a playoff team. Call me crazy but if we continue to see solid efforts like Pittsburg and sign a sniper I wouldn't be surprised if we pull a NJ Devils 2 years ago...

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Not paired with Jovo to boot.

So I guess Olsen's injury is worse than reported?
Or is he applying to be a fireman?

Yeah, it sux to see the difference when Guds plays with Jovo and when he plays with Olsen. With Jovo, it's like you barely even notice he's playing. Then with Olsen, he's involved and making some things happen.

I'll definitely be happy when Jovo/Guds aren't a pair anymore.

-ghoste

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
Yeah, it sux to see the difference when Guds plays with Jovo and when he plays with Olsen. With Jovo, it's like you barely even notice he's playing. Then with Olsen, he's involved and making some things happen.

I'll definitely be happy when Jovo/Guds aren't a pair anymore.

-ghoste

agreed Guds is dying next to the crypt. also think he has struggled wearing the cage. i don't wish ill will on the panthers or Jovo but if he struggled more he'd prob. think about retiring. but because he hasn't been god awful he'll prob. come back for his last year...

we're stuck with so many contracts for one more year. i highly doubt we can move kopecky, upshall, Jovo, and flash.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
These are hilariously bad.
BemsLl1IQAEsCb9.jpg:large

never knew bob hope played for the panthers.

looks like it was painted by a class of 1st graders. and, of course, you have the obligatory HUGE ford logo. way to go, yorkman. even pavel-bob seems to saying "do you really want me?". no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad