Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions)

BCdevil

Dec 3, 2006
Zach and Marty are both signed with Steiner sports, right?

I am not 100% certain but I don't think that Marty is signed to Steiner any more. He may do a one-off for them (like on 4/2/12) but he's no longer under contract.

I went to the signing last night and it was a pretty empty when I was there. It was supposed to run from 6 to 8. I got there at 7 and there was no wait. If I was inside for more than 5 minutes it was a long time. As I was leaving, they were about to have Marty sign a bunch of stuff that they could sell offsite and they were handing him a stack of knockoff jerseys.

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
Has anyone ever waited outside the rock after practice? Can u get autos?

Its kind of hard to do since we don't know their schedule.

I was wondering why you were asking till I notice your location changed. Nice just in time for the playoffs too.

Edit: I must really be behind in the TAN. LOL

Not sure where to ask this. Isn't the open practice an autograph session? When I picked the choices for the season ticket perks it said open practice get player autographs

I took it as players stopping for a bit on their way out of practice to sign things. Not like the other ones were they had tables setup with lines but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
I mean I'm really close to Newark, I can just wait until tg tweets about them skating and hop over there....do they stop sometimes after practice?

I don't see why some wouldn't stop. However, I have never heard someone waiting for autos after practice.

Edit: where is kfk when you need him.

Last edited:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I mean I'm really close to Newark, I can just wait until tg tweets about them skating and hop over there....do they stop sometimes after practice?

I've done it. Devils practice on the main rink first before the visiting team comes in to practice. I'll usually go to try and get the visiting team coming in which is anywhere from 9:30-10:30ish. The Devils will then come out on the other side sometime around 11ish on and then I go back to the other side for when the visiting team comes out which is usually after 12.

Morning skate's are always the same time at the Rock but some are optional as you know so not everyone will be there if you're looking for someone specific. Also, there's usually never a morning skate if it's the second end of a back to back so make sure you check the schedule before heading down there.

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
I've done it. Devils practice on the main rink first before the visiting team comes in to practice. I'll usually go to try and get the visiting team coming in which is anywhere from 9:30-10:30ish. The Devils will then come out on the other side sometime around 11ish on and then I go back to the other side for when the visiting team comes out which is usually after 12.

Morning skate's are always the same time at the Rock but some are optional as you know so not everyone will be there if you're looking for someone specific. Also, there's usually never a morning skate if it's the second end of a back to back so make sure you check the schedule before heading down there.

So how successful are you?

I can see day of game practice but I didn't think people go on off days to try.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So how successful are you?

I can see day of game practice but I didn't think people go on off days to try.

I've never done off day practices, just the morning skate on game day though I haven't done it in a while because it's a pain to get out there for me and I haven't had time.

On the Devils side, I have cards and photos signed by Parise, Kovalchuk, and Elias. My little brother also has a puck signed by Volchenkov. I didn't bring much stuff with me when I went out there the few times I did but mostly everybody stops. Think I've mentioned it here before but Brodeur is the only guy that's really tough to get as it's a rarity for him to stop and sign. Mostly everyone else will stop and sign though there are days where I'm sure they just don't feel like it or aren't in the mood to stop.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area

So what are the chances I could get kovy tomorrow if I went there?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So what are the chances I could get kovy tomorrow if I went there?

As long as they're practicing tomorrow, I'd say pretty good. It all comes down to whether they stop or not because once they do, they will go down the entire line and sign for everyone. I've seen Kovy stop every time in the few times I've been down there. It also may be less crowded on a non game day because game day brings out a lot of different people and ebay'ers who come out for the visiting team and then go over for the Devils too.

I've never done it on a non game day but I can't imagine why it would be any different than a morning skate on game day.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I don't see why some wouldn't stop. However, I have never heard someone waiting for autos after practice.

Edit: where is kfk when you need him.

Do you mean pfp? :sarcasm:

I was working the Red Bulls home opener today. I've never gotten a chance to get autos at a morning skate but if I recall from people I've heard talk about it they sign before an after. I have no confidence in that answer though as I've never done it

BrodeurRULES

RIP Lokomotiv
Nov 5, 2006
Do you mean pfp? :sarcasm:

I was working the Red Bulls home opener today. I've never gotten a chance to get autos at a morning skate but if I recall from people I've heard talk about it they sign before an after. I have no confidence in that answer though as I've never done it

No not really sorry. :)

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I have 2 tickets to the Open Practice and Autograph session this Friday from 12-2:30pm...make me an offer!

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Did you wind up going today BC? I saw they held practice a little later then usual, probably because no one else had to use the rink like on game days.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Did you wind up going today BC? I saw they held practice a little later then usual, probably because no one else had to use the rink like on game days.

I am going to go to practice today man. I need to get my kovy jersey signed! Also bringing a few parise photos. As soon as I see tg tweet that they stepped on the ice ill head over there..

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
I am going to go to practice today man. I need to get my kovy jersey signed! Also bringing a few parise photos. As soon as I see tg tweet that they stepped on the ice ill head over there..

TG confirms no practice today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad