Auston Matthews vs Patrik Laine - Round IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
The Difference is that Laine was major factor yesterday in Finland`s win and today in USA game other lines provide the firing power and Matthews just plays in his comfort zone and does not create anything spectacular. Take into account also that Finland has better players. Matthews should lead this line up. Laine is leading Finland`s line up. I am not hating. I am stating the facts.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
No when you make up something to discredit a player in a thread where he's compared to a hometown player because you're biased and favour that player then no it's not ok.

That was a total bash on him wasn't it? :sarcasm:

Everyone is telling me I'm biased when they don't even check my message history or anything to prove it..
I have said many times that Matthews will be the 1st pick. How can you defend mishandling a puck? He did that but I didn't bash him? :popcorn:

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
The Difference is that Laine was major factor yesterday in Finland`s win and today in USA game other lines provide the firing power and Matthews just plays in his comfort zone and does not create anything spectacular. Take into account also that Finland has better players. Matthews should lead this line up. Laine is leading Finland`s line up. I am not hating. I am stating the facts.

Laine made some great plays in open ice yesterday, and he's better than Matthews in open ice. But Matthews has done a lot of things in this game that you would never see Laine pull off, especially on the boards, and occasionally with carrying the puck into the offensive zone.

And he just scored, 2nd point of the night.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Everyone is telling me I'm biased when they don't even check my message history or anything to prove it..
I have said many times that Matthews will be the 1st pick. How can you defend mishandling a puck? He did that but I didn't bash him? :popcorn:

It's fine to point out plays where he messes up but that wasn't one of them, that's all.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Beauty goal by Matthews on a great feed by Kyle Connor

I'll say this again, one lackluster play doesn't diminish the whole effort
But of course he made the mistake, and he should owe up to it.

Come on man... how can you blame Matthews for that goal? That was 100% on Larkin for that optimistic pass

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009

It was a bad pass, he didn't really mishandle anything.

Matthews and Laine have both made some mistakes so far, but nothing today other than a bad pass on the power play has really stuck out to me.

Saekki*

Can we get a video of the goal? Not interested in putting on VPN and watching from Youtube.

E: And there it is.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Laine made some great plays in open ice yesterday, and he's better than Matthews in open ice. But Matthews has done a lot of things in this game that you would never see Laine pull off, especially on the boards, and occasionally with carrying the puck into the offensive zone.

And he just scored, 2nd point of the night.

Yeah nice finnish nothing away from that. But Belarus has already stopped playing. Laine scored clutch goals yesterday. Not hating this time either. Just stating the facts.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
Yeah nice finnish nothing away from that. But Belarus has already stopped playing. Laine scored clutch goals yesterday. Not hating this time either. Just stating the facts.

Belarus is pretty bad, I don't think we should be putting much stock in either of these games at the end of the day. Canada is still the class of the tournament so far IMO.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
Some of you Finns have jealousy issues lol.

I saw that same and i am Toronto fan and i am pretty sure Toronto pick Auston and i am so happy with that. If he plays bad or make bad action, why that can't mention?

Now he score first goal almost empty goal, it was nice pass and nice goal. So Auston have now 1+1.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland

True but this was anticipated. No way belarus comes out with a win in this one but at least they could try to keep it close

Sidenote : Pitbull doesn't bode well with ice hockey :shakehead

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Excellent goal by Matthews.

Monday's matchup will be great. I've got no horse in the race, but I'm excited to see these two go head to head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad