Auston Matthews vs Patrik Laine - Round III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
If you have the choice between a generational winger and a franchise center, you take the center every time. If you had to choose between Sundin and Ovechkin, you take Sundin every time, even if Ovechkin can score more goals. A player like Sundin gets you closer to a cup than a player like Phil Kessel or Alex Ovechkin or Ilya Kovalchuk. Give me a good example of a time when a winger carried a team to a cup final in the post lockout era.

Kane and Justin Williams.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
If you have the choice between a generational winger and a franchise center, you take the center every time. If you had to choose between Sundin and Ovechkin, you take Sundin every time, even if Ovechkin can score more goals. A player like Sundin gets you closer to a cup than a player like Phil Kessel or Alex Ovechkin or Ilya Kovalchuk. Give me a good example of a time when a winger carried a team to a cup final in the post lockout era.

That's hard, because one player never carries a team to a cup final. Hockey doesn't work like that, it's just Pierre McGuire-style hype that portrays players as able to do so. Gretzky couldn't carry his teams to SC wins himself, and the same is true for Matthews and Laine both.

Marlander93

Nov 22, 2015
Belarus once almost beat Team Canada's pro players in the Olympics. Sure they are not medal rd favorites. But it is fair, Matthews will have his chance today against the same opponent. Thus to counter the point. In a comparative tournament as both have played in the WJC and now WHC. It is going to change some minds, if Matthews is outplayed by Laine again.

:help:This just in. Belarus almost as good as Canada...:laugh:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
In a D-Level league. I am sure Matthews won a few AAA Championships as well.

Matthews has never played FEL level games, Laine has better achievements of the two offensively.. You're way too high about Matthews and could be disappointed. He'll be a good center probably but you seem to think he is lock for legend or something, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad