Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Now media is saying potentially he could be back in a week against pit?????

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Jets/Canes fan coming in peace. Hopefully Matthews returns quickly, I love the Laine/Matthews "rivalry".

Jets vs Leafs PO series would be awesome btw!

Last edited by a moderator:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Oh yes i’m sure getting sandwiched by 2 slugs and hit by your own players really says a lot about his proneness to injury and much about what is to come..... I literally hate that you are even questioning that to be honest, simply moronic

Wow, talk about an emotional overreaction. :eek: It's not how you get hurt, it's how come you get hurt. And how do you literally hate something? It is a legitimate concern given his talent, not moronic in any way.

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
Oh yes i’m sure getting sandwiched by 2 slugs and hit by your own players really says a lot about his proneness to injury and much about what is to come..... I literally hate that you are even questioning that to be honest, simply moronic

Hmmm it's a legitimate concern. The fact that he got injured on two random whacky plays is actually worse. Think Joffrey Lupul, strange weird injuries that really don't look like much at first but injuries happen. Hopefully the trend stops with Auston but it's worth worrying about.

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
His injury plagued season has been such a bummer. Hopefully it isn't a sign of things to come.

Or maybe last season where you know, he played all 82 games is a sign of things to come?

Injuries happen to EVERY single player in their NHL career.

There are extreme rarities like Marleau who almost NEVER misses a game, but that is far and few between.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Hmmm it's a legitimate concern. The fact that he got injured on two random whacky plays is actually worse. Think Joffrey Lupul, strange weird injuries that really don't look like much at first but injuries happen. Hopefully the trend stops with Auston but it's worth worrying about.
Can you please go click this for me?

upload_2018-3-5_19-42-43.png

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
He also had injury issues before we even drafted him. Last year where he didn't get injured was actually the anomaly. I'm not saying that he is injury prone but it's definitely a concern.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I think you might need a little break to center yourself.
i'm glad you are so graciously trying to keep my best interests in mind, while I just stand here calling out bullshit when I see it... how dare I.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Hardly moronic
He also had injury issues before we even drafted him. Last year where he didn't get injured was actually the anomaly. I'm not saying that he is injury prone but it's definitely a concern.

Even Lupul was more durable his first couple of years in the league:) and two unrelated in the same year does get your attention BUT one thing is to remember is everyone said wait until Willie, or Marner (or Kadri back then) fills out. The kids are too frail for the rigors of the NHL. Because Auston is 6'3" people weren't saying that but he is still a kid. Look at him at the combine, he has buggy whips for arms. He is 20 years old and still just a gangly kid. He will beef up like everyone does in their early 20s and the same shots won't affect him like that. He will never be strong, but that isn't necessary for his game. We should be concerned for the savior of the franchise but lets not get too worried yet.

cut.jpg

Last edited:

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
i'm glad you are so graciously trying to keep my best interests in mind, while I just stand here calling out bull**** when I see it... how dare I.
You're taking this all very personally. People can be concerned about his injuries this season. This is the 3rd time this season he's missed time. Especially when you consider he missed time with Zurich, too. 4 injuries in 3 seasons.

People saying it's concerning doesn't mean they think he'll become Lupul... just that they're... wait for it... concerned. How do you decide that that's BS? Do you think they aren't actually concerned?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
You're taking this all very personally. People can be concerned about his injuries this season. This is the 3rd time this season he's missed time. Especially when you consider he missed time with Zurich, too. 4 injuries in 3 seasons.

People saying it's concerning doesn't mean they think he'll become Lupul... just that they're... wait for it... concerned. How do you decide that that's BS? Do you think they aren't actually concerned?

Ummmm most young hockey players get injured.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would be interested in seeing him dial down the gentlemanly play a little bit for the sake of self preservation.

He goes into high traffic areas looking to make a play but gets manhandled a lot. All he wants is the puck and all the opponent is doing is trying to score bruises and add wear and tear. You see that with Malkin a lot too. Would like to see him "snap" once in a while to keep people honest around him and remind them he's a 6'3" 220 pound player. A sudden, vicious takedown of a Brad Marchand next time he's carving you up not only scores you street cred and room to operate, but also keeps the mileage off. Just remind people they're at risk of losing their teeth if they get too cozy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad